Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
True, only Lee knew his own mind. That is simply my belief of Lee's state of mind. I have read a lot of books on this battle. Most authors blamed Longstreet's bungling and delay in the timing of the attack for the failure. It is a reasonable perspective. However, many of the authors seem desperate to find a scapegoat for Lee's role in the attack (to me). The most compelling argument I have read against that perspective was in a book by Jeffrey Wert "General James Longstreet: The Confederacy's Most Controversial Soldier — 1994". I would read that before you go to the battlefield. I have walked it, and looked out from the "little clump of trees" Lee referenced. I looked at the ground, and agreed with Longstreet's famous quote to Lee, "General, I have been a soldier all my life. I have been with soldiers engaged in fights by couples, by squads, companies, regiments, divisions, and armies, and should know, as well as any one, what soldiers can do. It is my opinion that no fifteen thousand men ever arranged for battle can take that position." The best overall account of the battle, and of the War in general I have read was Shelby Foote's "The Civil War: A Narrative". It is a massive, 3000 page text, but worth the time reading at least the Gettysburg parts prior to visiting. It is very well written, referenced, and included some very nice maps.
Thank's for the book references Eddard I'll definitely check them out .

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I don't see any reason to publicly air out dirty laundry, but I will give you a response before moving along. There was no disagreement. You were a .... & I wasn't the only one who thought so - even a mod commented on it. I made a harmless joke, you responded with a personal attack. I never saw anything that even closely resembled an apology & I left that section of the forums for more reasons that just that. I had no interest in digging this all back up, nor socializing in your vicinity.

Why would you refer to me in this thread if you did not wish to bring it up? I want to resolve this, once and for all, between you and I if that is possible.

Here is my post that started it:

I could have mentioned your unfortunate part in GZ's departure. I was being kind in the spirit of the holidays...

Tapped out

Here I attempted to explain to you directly:

I was only giving you grief, my friend. I don't think any of us are to blame (except perhaps, The Ocelot). Several of us asked him to stay, he chose to leave. I hope he is well.

Tapped out

Here is my public apology:

Well I did tell him I was only kidding, however it appears that you, Ocelot, and Oz are somehow still offended in some way.

My apologies to you, Oz. I thought my comment was a reasonable response to your unprovoked "old age" crack made in response to a comment I made to The Ocelot. Apparently, it was not.

Tapped out

Note: I struck through the lined out part after Dusty and Ocelot stated I did not need to apologize to them.

Oz, I sincerely and without reservation apologize. I did not mean to offend you. I acknowledge that my remark caused you grief, and I wish to make it right.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Whoa whoa, what's this drama about Dipity?! I thought it was the bees knees and that is why ordered a "sample" (50ml) of it..

Well... I ordered a 30 back in July not long after I discovered HHV and Legend. I read that Dipity was basically Legend turned up to 11 and ordered some with great excitement. Not a big fan.... I got eau d' wet cardboard... so I stashed it away and it's sitting with mostly untouched bottles of HA, HT, CAT and Shadow. Now they are all well-steeped.... I just took out the bottle of dipity and NOW I can smell the Legend-likeness in it...

I just got a 100 of Legend in the mail, so while that steeps, I can put aside my aged Legend and I guess I'll start going through all those well-aged NETs that have been gathering some dust.

Thankfully, Cinful Apple requires next to no steeping for me to really enjoy it. I can nary tell the diff between the 2 day old stuff and the month old stuff.

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
I'm not kidding unfortunately , I get burnt popcorn from Serendipity and basically any coffee flavored vape , mentioned it several times on the What HHV are you vaping thread .

Well I do like some of the coffee vapes so maybe I'll be ok. I'm pretty sure I've had serendipity in the line up before (just because I've ordered most of the juices everyone talks about) and don't remember any bad memories:laugh:

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
My opinion of Dipity never changed from Day One. Yuh didn't ask me. :)

I'm with the B.... go back and you'll see a somewhat dejected post from last summer lamenting the fact that I though Serendipity pretty much sucked. :)

To each their own. I mean, I like Huntsman... Bronze thinks its devil's scat.... ;)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Well I do like some of the coffee vapes so maybe I'll be ok. I'm pretty sure I've had serendipity in the line up before (just because I've ordered most of the juices everyone talks about) and don't remember any bad memories:laugh:
If you like coffee flavors you should be good with it , I like drinking coffee but I can't vape it , wished I could .

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm with the B.... go back and you'll see a somewhat dejected post from last summer lamenting the fact that I though Serendipity pretty much sucked. :)

To each their own. I mean, I like Huntsman... Bronze thinks its devil's scat.... ;)

I thought I was being diplomatic. :)

And I don't mind Huntsman. It's OK. I don't hate it like PopPop but I don't love it like Hula.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
OK Oz and Lion, time to take your stuff off-thread. I would find it a shame that two genuinely fine people could not work out their differences but that is y'alls business and not mine.

I'm just giving friendly advice as a subforum moderator. The resident ECF moderator may be more aggressive if it goes on. :)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I see nothing worthy of my attention yet. I'd rather see the two shake hands and make up as well, but if they don't .. they don't. I jumped on the Lion the day the event took place, and he does seem to be reaching out. It's up to Oz how he wants to interpret that gesture.

They're big boys and can sort it out. But, yes, please take it to PM's.

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Well I've decided that this week I need to test drive my 'travel' vape gear to make sure I'm going to survive over a week on the beach.. the trusty Pro Vari Mini/KFL getting a little break. I know I could take that gear but I'm the only one of the group that vapes or smokes so going to try and lay a little low with it. Considering the improvement of vape gear in the past two years since my last beach adventure it should be easy. Last trip was cig a likes and kind of a nasty clearo I don't even remember the name of.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Well I've decided that this week I need to test drive my 'travel' vape gear to make sure I'm going to survive over a week on the beach..

I'm curious... what are you going with? Did you go the durability route or 'don't care if it breaks and I have to toss it' route?

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Well I purchased a Micro Stick and will be taking one spheroid and then two Slim Tanks w/Sophias. I will take extra cotton for wicks on the spheroid but if I blow a coil it will be done as I will not be taking wire/torch/syringe etc. to rebuild. For the Sophias I will take extra prebuilt ceramic coils. I will also take my Egos/Evods and I just picked up a Hyper Tank 2 Mini at a local B&M this weekend... it also uses the Evod heads. I almost forgot, I also have a GP Piccolo that the Spheroid and Slim Tanks will work on...so durable, but small that was the key for me. I also wanted to have things I can take prebuilt coils for. Now away from the Condo will take the Egos/Evods so if something did happen I wouldn't be heart broken.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well I purchased a Micro Stick and will be taking one spheroid and then two Slim Tanks w/Sophias. I will take extra cotton for wicks on the spheroid but if I blow a coil it will be done as I will not be taking wire/torch/syringe etc. to rebuild. For the Sophias I will take extra prebuilt ceramic coils. I will also take my Egos/Evods and I just picked up a Hyper Tank 2 Mini at a local B&M this weekend... it also uses the Evod heads. I almost forgot, I also have a GP Piccolo that the Spheroid and Slim Tanks will work on...so durable, but small that was the key for me. I also wanted to have things I can take prebuilt coils for. Now away from the Condo will take the Egos/Evods so if something did happen I wouldn't be heart broken.

You have a piece of gear for every occasion. You're hopelessly hooked! :laugh:

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
You have a piece of gear for every occasion. You're hopelessly hooked! :laugh:

I know....and what's scary is how many mods I've sold in the few months:facepalm: That new Hypertank must be pretty much like the Aspire BCC. It performs much better than the EVOD tanks glad I picked it up at the B&M. You know I had to buy something after going there to check things out:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread