Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
We will never know what Lee was actually thinking , but the direct assault over open ground in the face of artillery reads as suicidal to me , it just seems strange that a man of Lee's experience and background would make that decision , but perhaps religious convictions drove him as much as they drove Jackson .But I definitely agree about Ewell , Jackson would have taken the high ground , I want to visit Gettysburg someday just for the perspective .

True, only Lee knew his own mind. That is simply my belief of Lee's state of mind.

I have read a lot of books on this battle. Most authors blamed Longstreet's bungling and delay in the timing of the attack for the failure. It is a reasonable perspective. However, many of the authors seem desperate to find a scapegoat for Lee's role in the attack (to me).

The most compelling argument I have read against that perspective was in a book by Jeffrey Wert "General James Longstreet: The Confederacy's Most Controversial Soldier — 1994". I would read that before you go to the battlefield. I have walked it, and looked out from the "little clump of trees" Lee referenced. I looked at the ground, and agreed with Longstreet's famous quote to Lee, "General, I have been a soldier all my life. I have been with soldiers engaged in fights by couples, by squads, companies, regiments, divisions, and armies, and should know, as well as any one, what soldiers can do. It is my opinion that no fifteen thousand men ever arranged for battle can take that position."

The best overall account of the battle, and of the War in general I have read was Shelby Foote's "The Civil War: A Narrative". It is a massive, 3000 page text, but worth the time reading at least the Gettysburg parts prior to visiting. It is very well written, referenced, and included some very nice maps.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Ok, just tried Serendipity again after a VERY, VERY long steep. If you can remember back that far, I had said how it tasted like burnt popcorn. So I load up with Serendipity and uh popcorn,faint Burnt popcorn. It's hard to get that taste out of my mouth. I can still phantom taste it. Ugh!

I'm thinking that I got something other than Serendipity. Wasn't Mocha Java, something, the one that people got that burnt popcorn taste? I'm ready to toss this almost full 15ml bottle of Dipity.....

mocha java smooth has the burnt popcorn essence

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
After I posted that, I just knew someone was going to jump on it! :laugh:
I meant an even better plug-n-play. No coil making, head rebuilding. I guess what I'm using is about the best in that category. :p

jumpin on it too no need to make vaping boring... the fun is the fiddlin with everything. Hmmm fill tank push switch till empty, fill tank push switch...

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Whoa whoa, what's this drama about Dipity?! I thought it was the bees knees and that is why ordered a "sample" (50ml) of it..

Are y'all saying it's not all that it's made out to be?!

I dunno Dusty....I ordered some as well....maybe they are just messing with us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread