Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Happy Father's Day to the guys. (or the women who filled that role, or tried to) I noticed that my son talked to me longer than normal today. I had to play both roles a lot, and it wasn't easy. Now with my grandsons, I can just be a grandmother, but a really cool one. :) This week I taught them the art of throwing a ball in the air, and catching it. Catch it high, catch it low. Roll it back and forth between them so they could learn to have more fun with the ball. They were almost in a trance watching me. Both of them shoved the ball back to me. One baby used his foot more than his hands, but that is a start. I know their dad is hoping they will be soccer players. (I prefer baseball)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Happy Father's Day to the guys. (or the women who filled that role, or tried to) I noticed that my son talked to me longer than normal today. I had to play both roles a lot, and it wasn't easy. Now with my grandsons, I can just be a grandmother, but a really cool one. :) This week I taught them the art of throwing a ball in the air, and catching it. Catch it high, catch it low. Roll it back and forth between them so they could learn to have more fun with the ball. They were almost in a trance watching me. Both of them shoved the ball back to me. One baby used his foot more than his hands, but that is a start. I know their dad is hoping they will be soccer players. (I prefer baseball)
Teach them to throw a two seam fastball, a changeup, and a slider and they’ll be rich. :)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
My brother was a pitcher, not me. He could show them that better than me. I played different positions, but loved 3rd base the most. I used to catch too. Got hit in the nose a couple of times, yes it hurt. My brother would practice pitching, and I would catch. He was a great pitcher, but threw his arm out. He had the power, no doubt about it. My dad's side of the family were big into baseball. My son had zero interest in baseball, and believe me I tried to get him interested. The kids in my neighborhood all played baseball, not softball. I didn't like softball very much. But it was better than nothing. I always ran around barefoot playing baseball, and hated wearing shoes back then. One day I got some glass buried up in my foot. I can't remember if I started wearing shoes after that day or not. I think the glass is still there. The parks person dug around in the heel area, but never found it.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Got hit in the nose a couple of times, yes it hurt.

Another thing we have in common! Softball game, 4th grade, I was the catcher. Ball hit to the 1st baseman who had wicked power in his throws. Moment of distraction because a guy was thundering from 3rd base toward home plate. I turn toward 1st base in time to catch his throw...

...with my nose. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
My brother was a pitcher, not me. He could show them that better than me. I played different positions, but loved 3rd base the most. I used to catch too. Got hit in the nose a couple of times, yes it hurt. My brother would practice pitching, and I would catch. He was a great pitcher, but threw his arm out. He had the power, no doubt about it. My dad's side of the family were big into baseball. My son had zero interest in baseball, and believe me I tried to get him interested. The kids in my neighborhood all played baseball, not softball. I didn't like softball very much. But it was better than nothing. I always ran around barefoot playing baseball, and hated wearing shoes back then. One day I got some glass buried up in my foot. I can't remember if I started wearing shoes after that day or not. I think the glass is still there. The parks person dug around in the heel area, but never found it.
I was a catcher. I was putting my shin guards on and when I stood up the guy on deck wacked me in the nose with his bat. Busted my sniffer.

My biggest regret was not playing after my freshman year in HS. I was a pretty good player. Always finished third in the team’s all star voting. Exceptional defense but only above average hitter. There were always a few guys better than me on offense. My assets were my wheels and my arm. My family moved after my freshman year and I never went out for the baseball team at my new HS. That was a mistake.

76bridget

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
DH flew home for the weekend. It was really nice to have him here, not me going there. So he got to see the boys and his dad for FD. The oldest shed a few tears when he left, so then I did too..
His first flight was delayed so he was going to miss his 2nd flight. Had to book with another airline to get him back tonight. He won't get back to his camper until 2:30 am, then off to work at 6am. Long day ahead tomorrow. Worth it tho.:)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
DH flew home for the weekend. It was really nice to have him here, not me going there. So he got to see the boys and his dad for FD. The oldest shed a few tears when he left, so then I did too..
His first flight was delayed so he was going to miss his 2nd flight. Had to book with another airline to get him back tonight. He won't get back to his camper until 2:30 am, then off to work at 6am. Long day ahead tomorrow. Worth it tho.:)
Men turn into softies when they get old. :)

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
My dad fought for and gained custody of me and my sis back in the 60's when such was unheard of. Single parent, he worked hard, he bought us up so well, he never lifted a hand to us, he gave us security, and so much love, and has always been the greatest dad in the world, whom I both love very much and respect, for all he gave us, himself going without so often. Talked to him today bless him. Me bellowing "How are you, Dad?" and him answering "yes, that bush you planted by the door is blooming right now...." Aaawwww.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread