Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Can you point us to a good thread to learn?

Thoughts on Beginning to Extract Tobacco Flavors

Cold maceration of tobacco

Extended Cold Maceration ?

Tobacco extraction using heated Ethanol

The reason NETs are so gunky and what I do to alleviate the problem

Best tobacco for flavor extraction

The Milder Side of NET's

Yea, that might seem like a lot. But the more you can learn first, the better chance you might have of success.
Expect failure. But also be prepared for the occasional success as well.
@Bronze tried a few chocolate top note tobaccos in an eight week cold maceration. I don't think he was thrilled with the results, to say the least. I always go at least 12- 13 weeks with cold maceration, and usually get some flavor. About half of which I can vape, maybe one out of three I actually enjoy.
@Bunnykiller has been extracting his own flavors with heated ethanol for several years now, so he would be a better source to check with on that extraction method.
Whatever method you choose, FILTRATION IS THE KEY to making enjoyable NET liquids.

Desert Dweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Scottsdale,Az.

The Milder Side of NET's

Yea, that might seem like a lot. But the more you can learn first, the better chance you might have of success.
@Bronze tried a few chocolate top note tobaccos in an eight week cold maceration. I don't think he was thrilled with the results, to say the least. I always go at least 12- 13 weeks with cold maceration, and usually get some flavor. About half of which I can vape, maybe one out of three I actually enjoy.
@Bunnykiller has been extracting his own flavors with heated ethanol for several years now, so he would be a better source to check with on that extraction method.
Whatever method you choose, FILTRATION IS THE KEY to making enjoyable NET liquids.
Many thanks Brett!

Desert Dweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Scottsdale,Az.

The Milder Side of NET's

AS Jonny5 says, mmm,input!

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Just some friendly advice ; If you are thinking of doing DIY NET flavors, or any DIY for that matter, you NEED TO BUY PG, VG, and liquid Nicotine THIS WEEK, IF NOT SOONER !!!
I personally use 100mg Nicotine suspended in VG (100mg is easy when using percentages), two gallons of PG, two gallons of VG in the cabinet and three liters on Nicotine in the freezer.
And I an thinking two more gallons on PG and VG might be needed if I continue extracting my own flavors.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Just some friendly advice ; If you are thinking of doing DIY NET flavors, or any DIY for that matter, you NEED TO BUY PG, VG, and liquid Nicotine THIS WEEK, IF NOT SOONER !!!
I personally use 100mg Nicotine suspended in VG (100mg is easy when using percentages), two gallons of PG, two gallons of VG in the cabinet and three liters on Nicotine in the freezer.
And I an thinking two more gallons on PG and VG might be needed if I continue extracting my own flavors.
Pop, I see no reason to rush buy PG or VG unless you know sonething I don’t. Nic solution, YES! Gotta get that within two weeks.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Hi Army,

I am so saddened about the shipping news and HHV. :( Although I am 100% DIY at this point I did make one final order. I ordered Dragon's Fire, Legend, and of course my fav Serendipity. :wub: I haven't had HHV juice since 2015 so I'm really excited. I am hopeful for a shipping solution in the future.

DIY is not hard but you must order nicotine now if you plan to keep vaping. I have spent the last year or so prepping and buying as much gear/stuff/nic as I can and learning more about DIY. There is still time.

I am hoping @PapawBrett and other extractors can possibly find the key to Heather's juices one day. :rolleyes: Since I kinda forgot what they taste like I wanted to order to see if there is a DIY solution that could get close. It's a shot in the dark and I doubt it will happen but we'll see.

Hang in there Army! I do not live far away from HHV (2.5 hour drive one way). If need be, I can make some deliveries. ;)

Love you all!
RJ!!!! Love you girl! How's stuff?

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Well thank you Papaw. If I have to get nic in two weeks, I guess I am pretty much up a creek. I thought tobacco steeping would give me enough nic, besides just taste. I have tried to get batteries for my Reo, and I cannot even find any, they are all out. I had four, but one was too old. So down to three, and they are not far behind. I do have flat top batteries, and several. But that does not help with the Reo. I tried a flat top and did not like it for that device. Now mechs, yes it works good. But my favorite is the Reo, and they spoiled me. One was given to me, and the other is a Woodville. That is all I vape with. I am very tired of all the edicts coming from those who want to micro manage everything. I am a little over 60 years old ,and do not need them to tell me what I should do or have, or not. I am not buying cigarettes again. So if this is part of it, they won't get a dime off me. This is healthier than cigarettes by far. But it is fine for them to decide I need gmo, franken food, and a wide assortment of other things, that are definitely not good. I could easily get into rant mode, but will leave it there.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
RJ!!!! Love you girl! How's stuff?
I’m good. I’m just always so busy with my house, my son, my cat, my aging parents, work. I luckily was able to work from home the last year and that’s been great. I finally found my parents their vaccines. My son is a junior in college and he turns 21 this month! He’s awesome!

How about yourself? How’s the weather in Hawaii? One day when I retire in the next five years I’m taking a trip there. I can’t wait! A gift to myself.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Well thank you Papaw. If I have to get nic in two weeks, I guess I am pretty much up a creek. I thought tobacco steeping would give me enough nic, besides just taste. I have tried to get batteries for my Reo, and I cannot even find any, they are all out. I had four, but one was too old. So down to three, and they are not far behind. I do have flat top batteries, and several. But that does not help with the Reo. I tried a flat top and did not like it for that device. Now mechs, yes it works good. But my favorite is the Reo, and they spoiled me. One was given to me, and the other is a Woodville. That is all I vape with. I am very tired of all the edicts coming from those who want to micro manage everything. I am a little over 60 years old ,and do not need them to tell me what I should do or have, or not. I am not buying cigarettes again. So if this is part of it, they won't get a dime off me. This is healthier than cigarettes by far. But it is fine for them to decide I need gmo, franken food, and a wide assortment of other things, that are definitely not good. I could easily get into rant mode, but will leave it there.
Are you looking for button tops? Will these work?

Button Top 18650 Batteries - Lithium Ion Rechargeable

heartlandVapes.com is the cheapest place to buy nic. Each liter is about $45.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Nicotine still available at my freedom smokes for anyone who needs that last order...

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Morning....

20210306_070050.jpg

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Thanks RJ,loaded up some from heartland vapes.
Great nicotine at a great price. I have multiple liters from there myself and I'm thinking about getting one more just in case. As @PapawBrett said, be sure to freeze it. I put each liter of mine into four 8 ounce amber boston round glass bottles with black poly cone caps. Heartland should have the bottles as well...I get mine from amazon. Fill to the bottom of the bottle neck leaving a tiny bit of air space at the top. One liter should fit in four glass bottles. Stick it in a box and put it in the freezer. Having that nicotine means you can vape for a long time. I have some in its original packaging in my freezer as I'm out of space. You can always get VG/PG/flavors later as it is not in the shipping ban. This nicotine calculator will allow you to figure out how much you will need.

Vaping Community e-liquid Calculator - Vapocalypse Calculator

Users who are viewing this thread