Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I was going to have a Rum n Coke... but got a beer instead... I like Rum n Coke, its tasty, if I drink a couple Rum n Cokes I feel happy... if I drink a few Rum n Cokes I feel sleepy... and if I drink 1 too many I start drinking Wum n Coke :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Calve's name is Paul. :)

Aw, dang! Here I thought it was top secret and I was a member of an elite group who knew. ;)

I would but the DF is the only juice I have right now.

Chak, that's rough. It's understandable though. With all the drama around my move, it crossed my mind more than once to have a cig. With mostly fruit flavors left here, I've been getting nervous. Had a project revive that I thought wasn't going to happen, and that gave the bit of breathing room to place an order today - PB, Legend and Serendipity. I hope your order gets to you quickly. Hang in there!

I was going to have a Rum n Coke... but got a beer instead... I like Rum n Coke, its tasty, if I drink a couple Rum n Cokes I feel happy... if I drink a few Rum n Cokes I feel sleepy... and if I drink 1 too many I start drinking Wum n Coke :)

Rum for me is a headache in a bottle. :) Haven't been able to even think about drinking rum for years and years.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Well, friends, you will not believe this. The second buyers decided not to go through with the house sale. :facepalm:

Back on the market we go. This time it was because the home inspector noted moisture stains on the attic rafters. My old roof leaked - has a new one since 2010. And the bathroom vents go into the attic rather than through the roof. In with the notation about moisture were those dirty words, "possible mold." That's the latest fear frenzy. Any mention and people bolt. Inspectors are just doing CYA for legal reasons, but it doesn't matter. My realtor just had a deal tanked on a 6 year old home because the inspector flagged something as being out of code. She says in the last five years, home inspections have become a nightmare, and tank a lot of deals. We are praying and keeping faith. It needs to sell soon.

In other news, the first buyer was clearly intending to file a frivolous lawsuit against me. Which would cost time and money to address, and I have neither. I decided to rid my life (and the house) of the bad mojo and signed for release of his earnest money. May seem like he got away with it, but we all know karma's reputation. No amount of money is worth dealing with nasty people. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Aw damn {{{{{{{{ Lori }}}}}}}}

A couple of bummer news for you :(

I understand the mold fears...somewhat. Hubby is allergic to mold. Not a severe allergy, but does make him wheeze a bit. I knock on wood all the time that I have no allergies.

I think what happens is that houses are made so damned weather proof, they cannot breathe and the moisture gets trapped.

I don't know what others think but it seems like as the smoking rate goes down, kids with allergies goes up :blink: We are protecting our kids way too much. Their bodies aren't being allowed to build up resistances to .... well .... dirt and germs.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Aw damn {{{{{{{{ Lori }}}}}}}}

A couple of bummer news for you :(

I understand the mold fears...somewhat. Hubby is allergic to mold. Not a severe allergy, but does make him wheeze a bit. I knock on wood all the time that I have no allergies.

I think what happens is that houses are made so damned weather proof, they cannot breathe and the moisture gets trapped.

I don't know what others think but it seems like as the smoking rate goes down, kids with allergies goes up :blink: We are protecting our kids way too much. Their bodies aren't being allowed to build up resistances to .... well .... dirt and germs.

Thanks for the hug! It always helps. :)

I understand the mold thing too. I have a pretty intense mold sensitivity. If that house had a mold problem, I couldn't have lived there for a day, much less19 years. That's the frustrating part. Mold can be very toxic. I just wish inspectors didn't play so fast and loose with the word. Only talk about it if it's really there. They have to worry about being held liable - lawsuits strike again.

We sure do seem to be becoming a more allergic society!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well, friends, you will not believe this. The second buyers decided not to go through with the house sale. :facepalm:

Back on the market we go. This time it was because the home inspector noted moisture stains on the attic rafters. My old roof leaked - has a new one since 2010. And the bathroom vents go into the attic rather than through the roof. In with the notation about moisture were those dirty words, "possible mold." That's the latest fear frenzy. Any mention and people bolt. Inspectors are just doing CYA for legal reasons, but it doesn't matter. My realtor just had a deal tanked on a 6 year old home because the inspector flagged something as being out of code. She says in the last five years, home inspections have become a nightmare, and tank a lot of deals. We are praying and keeping faith. It needs to sell soon.

In other news, the first buyer was clearly intending to file a frivolous lawsuit against me. Which would cost time and money to address, and I have neither. I decided to rid my life (and the house) of the bad mojo and signed for release of his earnest money. May seem like he got away with it, but we all know karma's reputation. No amount of money is worth dealing with nasty people. :)
All bad news. At least write Idiot #1 and tell him he's a low-life, bottom-feeding loser. Just to get it off your chest and he doesn't live inside your head. :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
All bad news. At least write Idiot #1 and tell him he's a low-life, bottom-feeding loser. Just to get it off your chest and he doesn't live inside your head. :)

Well, I was a little more subtle, but that's essentially what I said in my email:

At this point it's clear that there will not be a fair and reasonable resolution with Mr. X. I have dealt with people like him and it's better to just get away from them ASAP. I do not want any more communications from him.

For that reason, I've signed the termination agreement and attached it here. Let's release the earnest money and move on.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Well, I was a little more subtle, but that's essentially what I said in my email:

At this point it's clear that there will not be a fair and reasonable resolution with Mr. X. I have dealt with people like him and it's better to just get away from them ASAP. I do not want any more communications from him.

For that reason, I've signed the termination agreement and attached it here. Let's release the earnest money and move on.
Rick writes great scathing letters :lol:

He's even blasted the IRS. :ohmy: I wish I had kept a copy of some of the ones he has written.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014

He's even blasted the IRS. :ohmy: I wish I had kept a copy of some of the ones he has written.

It's an art form, isn't it? I kept my good ones to my ex during that whole ugly process. They are still satisfying after all these years. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
It's an art form, isn't it? I kept my good ones to my ex during that whole ugly process. They are still satisfying after all these years. :)
Our old landlords were sad to see us leave their place. They loved the letters he would send to the HOA. Rick always made sure they got a copy of what he sent out. :lol:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

I can write great scathing letters too. And I can tailor it to whoever it is aimed at. Anywhere between sophisticated to the low-life sewer rats. Whatever language they understand best. :)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Lori so sorry to hear about the house. I am allergic to mold. I have had bad allergies since the mid 80's. The bad thing is, the older I get, the worse the allergies are. It can be maddening at times. If you take antihistamines too long, it is not good for your immune system. Sorry you lost the second buyer, and the earnest money. THAT STINKS!

Chak, I am sorry to hear about the nic level problem. Buy a bottle of higher nic. That way in a pinch, you can up your nic, for those weak moments. I think as someone said, just chain vape a bit. That will get that nic level up. In just a wee bit over a month, it will be a year for me, off the cigs. At times I didn't know if I'd make it. But good gear and juice makes all the difference!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Lori so sorry to hear about the house. I am allergic to mold. I have had bad allergies since the mid 80's. The bad thing is, the older I get, the worse the allergies are. It can be maddening at times. If you take antihistamines too long, it is not good for your immune system. Sorry you lost the second buyer, and the earnest money. THAT STINKS!

Chak, I am sorry to hear about the nic level problem. Buy a bottle of higher nic. That way in a pinch, you can up your nic, for those weak moments. I think as someone said, just chain vape a bit. That will get that nic level up. In just a wee bit over a month, it will be a year for me, off the cigs. At times I didn't know if I'd make it. But good gear and juice makes all the difference!

Yeah, it's frustrating with the house for sure. I swear if I had the money I would pay off the mortgage and just give it to someone who would love living there.

I hope you have some sort of celebration for your one year quitversary!

Pretty sure Chak has ordered higher nic, but being in Thailand, the shipping takes a long time. That's when you start wishing for worm holes, or a Star Trek transporter room. Come to think of it, I'd like one of their holodecks for Christmas. Must write Santa. Now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread