Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I noticed nibbles in a couple of my jalapeños. I thought, “That’s right, Mr. Squirrel. Spicy! You don’t want that.”

Then I checked my bell peppers to make sure he hadn’t moved on to those. Nope. But I did find quite a few of these big jerks. Sigh. Gardening is kinda heartbreaking.

A82E276E-C7C4-4C94-90BF-E80385EB503B.jpeg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I noticed nibbles in a couple of my jalapeños. I thought, “That’s right, Mr. Squirrel. Spicy! You don’t want that.”

Then I checked my bell peppers to make sure he hadn’t moved on to those. Nope. But I did find quite a few of these big jerks. Sigh. Gardening is kinda heartbreaking.

View attachment 978621
Joik!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
About as good as can be expected with a lot of different people driving it.. I don't always get the same truck. First time I drove that one in awhile or I may have noticed the problem before it got to the breaking point.. I had planned to put it out of service when I got back to the yard. So it cold be checked. It just didn't hold up that long...
I thought that was your personal truck.

Reactions: DavidOH

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Translation for those who don’t speak Jersey-accent:

Da noive o’ dat joik!

The nerve of that jerk!

I thought it was your Bugs Bunny imitation!
After cortisone shots under both knee caps Monday, and five days of oral steroids, I am finally up and walking (very easily) today.
Saturday night Eat-Out-at-Home came early courtesy of Koumi Express, a drive thru Japanese place. The food is actually pretty tasty, and feed three adults for under $40. Plus (something @Bronze would appreciate) the Dinner for Two is more than Mamaw and I could eat in one sitting. Two meals each for two at $24, can't get that at McDonald's anymore.
@DavidOH , nothing quite as frustrating as a breakdown. Drivers only get so many hours of computer time, hate to waste it.
Have a Great Weekend :thumb:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I thought it was your Bugs Bunny imitation!
After cortisone shots under both knee caps Monday, and five days of oral steroids, I am finally up and walking (very easily) today.
Saturday night Eat-Out-at-Home came early courtesy of Koumi Express, a drive thru Japanese place. The food is actually pretty tasty, and feed three adults for under $40. Plus (something @Bronze would appreciate) the Dinner for Two is more than Mamaw and I could eat in one sitting. Two meals each for two at $24, can't get that at McDonald's anymore.
@DavidOH , nothing quite as frustrating as a breakdown. Drivers only get so many hours of computer time, hate to waste it.
Have a Great Weekend :thumb:

It was Bugs too! Bugs talked like a Joisey boy, but I loved him anyway. (PA and NJ folks don’t like each other much. It’s a weird rivalry. I don’t know if other states have that with each other too.)

Your dinner sounds yummy.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
My small Husqvarna handheld leaf blower wouldn't start. Fiddled around with stuff for awhile. Finally got it started but it cut out a few minutes later. Wouldn't restart. I put in a new carb and coil 6 months ago and I think the coil is shot already. Cheap Chinese replacement parts. To hell with it. I ordered another blower. Same model so I can use my current one for spare parts. That thing is 7 years old and I beat the living hell out of it. Has a zillion hours on it moving massive piles of leaves every fall. That little thing isn't designed to do that heavy work and is why I got my Echo Super Backpack Blower a couple years ago. But before that, this little Husqvarna got creamed. I can't complain. Comes a time where you just gotta replace the whole thing instead of nursing it with parts every few months. I'm impressed with Husqvarna equipment. It lasts pretty long for the price. More expensive than the low end crap but gets 2 - 3x more life. Those little Craftsman blowers would last 2 years, 3 at most before getting totally roached.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
My one successful tomato plant from seed is a Sunchocola cherry tomato. If you ever get a chance to grow them or try them, they are outstanding! Fully ripe, they look like chocolate on the vine and the inner flesh is dark. Weird colors, but the best tomato flavor ever.

These aren’t mine, but here’s how they look. Mine are mostly still green, and we eat them as fast as they ripen.

7F74A7AA-0100-4692-A665-135A93288FC0.jpeg

Last edited:

76bridget

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Well, I'm starting to gather information on crowns. I've learned there remains 4 or 5 kinds of crowns. Gold (metals), ceramic, porcelain, and zirconia. There's also another one that is a metal covered porcelain or similar. Whatever. Don't think anyone gets those anymore. But the latest and greatest is zirconia. I'm learning those are the priciest. This is what my dentist is quoting me and I'm assuming it is because they can make their own zirconia crowns in-house. But I will be gathering info on my other options plus pricing. There is nothing wrong with any of these options and since the one I'm replacing is all the way in the back who cares what it looks like when no one can see it. It's a 40-year old gold crown so I want that sucker back. Has to be worth a few bucks.
My doc offers 3 kinds. Porcelain fused to metal, all porcelain, or gold. Gold is excellent for a back tooth. Porcelain is more likely to fracture, whereas the gold will 'give a little'.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
My doc offers 3 kinds. Porcelain fused to metal, all porcelain, or gold. Gold is excellent for a back tooth. Porcelain is more likely to fracture, whereas the gold will 'give a little'.
I’ve been told by more than one dentist that it’s hard to beat good ole gold.

Users who are viewing this thread