Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I saw some info on the FB page where they mentioned they bought an industrial ultrasonic to give them a big clean before shipping - saying that they as customers would get annoyed at having to clean most new attys they bought from machine oil etc- thumbs up. There was also some other stuff they had that ensure no parts of the atty can rub against another and mark it. So this is one that will be okay to drop a build in straight away from the sound of it.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Ok got it. Just playing a bit with it. First impressions are that it is, undoubtedly, an exquisitely machined/crafted device. Absolutely breathtaking actually! The chimney/top-cap seems to be a single piece leading me to ask the question as to how the hell they actually made it at all! Incredible!
On the downside, there is machine oil :( Not a huge amount but it will need a good clean first. Still trying to figure out how to get it all apart but loving it so far. A seriously high-end atty if ever there was one!!!!! Stay tuned

steve

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Ok got it. Just playing a bit with it. First impressions are that it is, undoubtedly, an exquisitely machined/crafted device. Absolutely breathtaking actually! The chimney/top-cap seems to be a single piece leading me to ask the question as to how the hell they actually made it at all! Incredible!
On the downside, there is machine oil :( Not a huge amount but it will need a good clean first. Still trying to figure out how to get it all apart but loving it so far. A seriously high-end atty if ever there was one!!!!! Stay tuned

steve

That is a bummer about the machine oil, especially after what I wrote. But it sounds like the rest is great - looking forward to hearing more! Thanks for the preview :)

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
IMG_3925rt.jpeg

No. 162 is in da house :) MTL Deck.

Super easy to build, I just did a simple 1.1ohm build. 28ga Kanthal, spaced coil 6 wraps on 2.5mm ID - Ken Go Doh cotton making an s-wick. No mess or fuss.

Wonderful flavour and big vapour volume. Fit and finish is superb.

One minor negative is that there was quite a strong chemical smell when I opened the box. This may have been from the packaging foam but there was definitely an oil film on the atty, so I am not sure if this was machine oil or glycerine added after the manufacturing clean. Either way, it's not big deal as I cleaned it in my ultrasonic before building.

All in all this is a super atty

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Indeed you are correct i just purchased mine from esmoke guru here in greece and it was gold plated with ultem tank. Also there is an upgrade to the construction material . The previous Hussars was with 303 SS the new version is with 304 :)
how bloody annoying...

Reactions: AstroTurf

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
304 is better!! Less crap in it than 316 apparently but harder to work...303 is actually more expensive than 304 I think but easier to machine also...316 is more corrosion resistant...

Never really understood the benefit of gold plated decks I must say. Just something else to rub off and go wrong (only jealous)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread