How long did it take you to stop smoking?

How long did it take you until you stopped smoking?

• I quit smoking before I started to vape

• I quit smoking before I started to vape and I use smokeless tobacco

• I quit smoking the day my PV arrived

• I quit smoking the day my PV arrived and I use smokeless tobacco

• I quit smoking within the first week

• I quit smoking within the first week and I use smokeless tobacco

• I quit smoking within the first month

• I quit smoking within the first month and I use smokeless tobacco

• I quit smoking within the first three months

• I quit smoking within the first three months and I use smokeless tobacco

• I quit smoking within six months

• I quit smoking within six months and I use smokeless tobacco

• I quit smoking within a year

• I quit smoking within a year and I use smokeless tobacco

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
I chose "quit within the first 3 months." It actually took me about 6 weeks. I started out with Blu and had numerous battery/atty problems.

I smoked my last cigarette July 4th at about 11:30pm. I had had a blowout on the highway and my wife was driving me home. The radio was playing "Forever" by Papa Roach and as the song ended, the lyrics were:

One last Kiss...
Before I go...
Dry your tears...
It is time to let you go...

One Last Kiss.

With that, I took one last drag and haven't smoked a cigarette since. I used my Blu for the first 2 days. Then on day three, my KR808D-1 from V4L arrived. Put my mind to rest. The only thing I worry about now is keeping the liquids and cartos fully stocked. I'm getting there. Blu made me realize that quitting WAS possible. V4L MADE it happen.

Although I have decided that pipes and cigars are not out of the question. Since I'm not inhaling, I don't see the problem. I haven't smoked a real (non-mini) cigar in years and it's been months since I've smoked my pipe. Everyone is different.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Hey Alex, The link to your other poll isn't working.

I was out of analogs when I bought my NPRO. That lasted 9 months. Then I hit the holidays and a family crisis. I had been reading about MAOIs and snus. Tried Camel snus but couldn't stand it. So I started smoking a couple a day. That turned into a pack a day depending on what was going on. So I have put them down again for the 3rd time. I supplement with 1-2 swedish minis a day now and that's working.

BarkeepCat

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2010
Orlando, FL
EVERYONE is different.

Smoked for 22 years. At times up to two packs a day.
Before I got my 510 I was at about a pack a day.

So, I had a half a pack in my pocket the day my ecigs arrived.
I kept it "just in case".

Still have the half pack in my office. With my lighter but have yet to need it.
Stopped June 4th. My Birthday.

I LOVED SMOKING.

Now own 4 diff PVs and have dwindled down to 12 mg.
Won't give them up.
Ready for 0 nic.

Like I stated. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.
Good luck!

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
I cut down my cigs from over 20 a day to 10 a day for the 1st week. The next couple of weeks I was down to 5 a day and then 1 a day. I'd say the last week or 2 it was more about finishing the smokes I had rather than enjoying the smoke! The entire process was absolutely stress-free and took about 2 months. I didn't put any pressure on myself, when I a felt like a smoke, I smoked. Most of the time I wouldn't even get through a whole cigarette. After 19 years of smoking with many stressfull attempts to quit it was easy to quit this way. I haven't touched a cigarette in over a year nor have I ever had the desire to. I don't think that newbies should put too much pressure on themselves. In my experience vaping will natually take over the other nasty habit provided that you've getting the required nicotine. I am so gratefull to ecigs.

Happy vaping fellow vapers :)

Mudder

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2010
Canada
I was waiting and waiting for my pv to arrive. I told myself that when it arrived, as soon as my pkg of cigs was done, I would not buy another. I was down to my last cigarette, when it arrived. Had it not arrived that day, I would have bought a pack of cigs. But, that was it for me. It was hard, I wanted to light up a real smoke, but, I resisted, and haven't looked back since that day.

ardelleg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Alaska
I quit smoking in the first week but I don't think there is a one size fits all, like with 'what flavors do you like! .... all I know is I wouldn't have quit without it.... everyone is different, it is a learning curve and there have been days when it seemed like a lot of bother and didn't seem to be cutting it... but I don't smoke! and I like that....

Paraphrased from firefox335 above "Blu made me realize that quitting WAS possible. KR808D-1 MADE it happen."

hobotivo

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
The land Down Under
My wife and I both stopped smoking (after 40+ years at 40+ per day) the day our ego-T's arrived. I was actually smoking an analog as I vaped for the first time, but that was it. Since then (8 weeks ago, almost to the minute) we've lit 3 cigarettes, mostly from curiosity, and all were stubbed out after a couple of puffs.

We were lucky I guess.

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
i picked "I quit smoking the day my PV arrived" -- but more accurate would be: "I quit smoking the day my EGO starter kit arrived." -- bcuz shortly before that, i had purchased one cheap super mini with a 20 minute battery life and a two hour charge time...so, it wasn't until two weeks later, the day my ego starter kit arrived, that i was able to quit smoking altogether...come to think of it, that was three months ago TODAY! YAY ME!!! THANKS ECF!!!

Sellaman

ECF Veteran
Each time the subject comes up, many people chime in with stories about how they had their last analog the day their PV arrived. Which is great, of course, but puts a bit of pressure on the Newbies. Because obviously, that is not the case for everybody.
Yes, it does put a lot of pressure on the newbies....and I'm a newbie. But it's great to hear the success stories in this thread because it give me hope that I might quit analogues in 3 months time. I noticed that it took some vapers a year to quit analogues in your poll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread