How long does a SI prefilled carto last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha20

Oct 14, 2012
pennsylvannia
I have to say the more i smoke these prefilled ones the worse they taste. yuck! Must just be me because i see so many on here love the SI prefilled and juices. but this smooth sampler to me is horrible. i will try the sweet maybe it gets better,......i hope so!

you guys have all been so great with your advice ...thanks so much!!!!

dwsizme

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Michigan
So here's my 2 cents:
Everyone likes different things, you will have to try things to see what works for you. I have a 650 X2 and love it (the 900 was too big for me personally), but love my 78s, too. My 78s are more practical for everyday at work. Same with cartridges. I use the clearos on my X2 at home because at work my coworkers might not quite understand. Only one other person I know vapes. So I just stay "under the radar" not to cause any "panty wadding" so to speak. So I use alot of cartridges. I've tried all the refill methods (except for syringe....don't have one of those yet), including the Tarin spin after you fill (see Outlaw Vapor's videos on youtube). What I find easiest is to fill the top condom thing with 18 drops (that's what seems to work for me on a refill, sometimes 20 but most times 18 fits good - I don't like them too slushy, then they girgle a bit) slowly stick the cartridge bottom down into the condom. Yes the juice comes thru the center but does it matter? I don't know. If anyone reading this thinks I'm doing something wrong, please comment and let me know. I kind of turn it so as the juice is coming up I am saturating the top of the wick materieral, too, a little. Then I pull it up a little still in the condom and let it sit a few minutes to let any extra drain out. Then I wipe it dry, clean the bottom with a paper towel real good (sometimes I use a little brush I keep clean for this purpose and brush it to get the threads clean, too), stick on a fresh condom on top only and stick it in my case. They seem to work fine. They never last as long as a fresh store bought one, but almost as long. I have saved all the condom things in a small tupperware cup, that way I always have a fresh clean one to put on the top, or to use for the juice, whatever.
The only problem I encountered was when I tried to clean the center hole with a dental brush. I killed a few cartridges that way. I found out later the atomizer inside has a thin wire that you can break.....I must have broken it doing that. Chalked it up to experience and now I just do it this way. Easy peasy simple and quick.....at least for me. I just keep a lot filled for the day in my cart case (cheap to buy, get a few, I think they are 50 cents) and keep my volt carry case with me. As one starts tasting that burnt taste (you'll get to know it) I replace it and put the emply one back in my case for refill later.
I have been marking the refilled one with a silver magic marker each time I fill it so I'll know how old they are getting. So far I've only had a couple die on me (not including the ones I killed with my overcleaning procedure). I usually buy the flavored ones, too, and then keep refilling with the same flavor. That way its kinda like an extra refill....rather than just buying blanks all the time. (Outlaw vapor's suggestion in one of his videos)
Watch all the youtube videos and hang out in here (I learn ALOT in here) and sample the new products (I just bought one of the nanos to see how I liked it - I like it, it's working fine). You'll find what works for you. This is not an opinion from an expert...just one feeling her way around, too! :laugh:

dwsizme

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Michigan
dwsizme - You sound like more of an expert on cartos and 78mm batteries than me.

I was just trying to keep things as simple as possible.

J.R.

I think the only simple way is to buy filled carts. But its more economical if you refill. I can't afford to just buy the carts and not refill. So you just try things to see what you like. I got confused at first when I started because every thing I read, everyone liked something different. That's just what's "simple" for me. :)

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I think the only simple way is to buy filled carts. But its more economical if you refill. I can't afford to just buy the carts and not refill. So you just try things to see what you like. I got confused at first when I started because every thing I read, everyone liked something different. That's just what's "simple" for me. :)

The new members forum is the worst. A lot of people start telling you to buy ViVi Novas and VV batteries etc... It just confuses beginners and causes them to spend money on things they aren't ready for yet.

J.R.

dwsizme

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Michigan
The new members forum is the worst. A lot of people start telling you to buy ViVi Novas and VV batteries etc... It just confuses beginners and causes them to spend money on things they aren't ready for yet.

J.R.

That's why I love Smokeless Image. Easy peasy....everything works together and the batteries are simple and last a long time. I'm just now branching out a little and trying different juices from different venders, but with SI's new ones coming, I'll be back to being a one vender person. I trust their stuff.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
What I find easiest is to fill the top condom thing with 18 drops (that's what seems to work for me on a refill, sometimes 20 but most times 18 fits good - I don't like them too slushy, then they girgle a bit) slowly stick the cartridge bottom down into the condom. Yes the juice comes thru the center but does it matter? I don't know. If anyone reading this thinks I'm doing something wrong, please comment and let me know.

It's not wrong, just a preference. I've tried both methods a lot and eventually settled with just dripping - it's still 20 drops. What I don't like about the condom method is it leaves juice around the post and threads. So then that has to be cleaned off or the battery threads get gunked too. I've never found any real advantage from the condom method myself, but some people prefer it.

Everyone has what works best for them. :)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
When I used cartos I was admittedly .... about filling them. I used a syringe, just happend to have blunt tipped 3ml syringes hanging around from paint matching and touch-up for cars. That way I was able to track exactly how much liquid went in 'cause I hate getting a mouthful. I guess that's why the CE3 fits me so well now, not being "squirked" by syringes. I didn't like the drop count method because of variations in the size of a drop which does vary from liquid to liquid and bottle tip to bottle tip and vendor to vendor. I also used the XL cartos from SI which hold 1.5ml and last considerably longer, especially on an X2 battery.

Black Strat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2012
Idaho
SInce I am totally new to this...and not liking the flavors should I order more equipment or just stick with the 78mm auto and manual batteries and sample more juices. I am wondering if I get a different model will it make a difference like a VV model or and Ego Twist etc. I actually like the vaping experince with the volt it is similar to ciggs but the battery loses charge so quick. I mean this can become a full time job LOL....between charging batteries ordering juices, steeping them, filling them etc. etc.

Definitely an equipment improvement and a juice hunt will improve your overall experience! If you like the Smokeless Image products, the Volt X2 works awesome and you can triple or quadruple your battery life. I have 8 X2's. I do have to say the manual version is much much better. I have two autos but the automatic battery cutoff is too short to get a fulfilling drag. The manual battery cutoff is like 10 seconds so this isn't a problem. You can also use the Volt clearomizer or Nano which makes it soooo easy to fill and see how much juice you have left. They definitely are a HUGE plus over cartomizers.

I also have eGo batteries, 650 mah, which give the same battery life as the Volt X2 but are much smaller. I do have 4 VV batteries as well, but for me it is not a big enough performance gain to replace all of my eGo's.

Basilor

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Sasha, I hope you don't get too frustrated. I would try more sampler packs. I was convinced when I first tried this that I didn't want any foo-foo flavors. Just give me a good tobacco flavor. I found it with the SI RY4. But I tried some of the others.

Was surprised how much I liked the Classic grape, Cappuccino, and Menthols (I never smoked menthol). Also, I ordered some stuff from Vapedudes. Their Blu Honey is good, as is their Fire & Ice.

Now, I am messing around with DIY juices. My 2 favorites so far are my own version of cinnamon red hots + menthol, and one I made yesterday using cherry blossom flavoring. I don't really like the tobacco ones as much anymore.

My point is your tastes will vary, but maybe try another sampler pack or two from SI. One of the other flavors might help you get off the stinkies. Also, not sure yet the details of the new SI flavors I linked earlier, but maybe ask Imagine if they will offer pre-filled cartos of them.

I don't think you can go wrong trying a X2 battery and possibly a pack of CE3's, nano or clearomizer once you find a flavor you like.

And, it's not that difficult once you do it a couple times to refill any of these. My 75yr old Mom loves the cappuccino, and has no problem refilling.

I don't recall how I found SI, but I do remember spending a couple days chain smoking stinkies spending hours reading through threads in the newbie section here. It does boggle the mind at times. I wonder how many people get turned off all together before even trying them.

Finally, I know the SI products are often referred to as good "starter" equipment. Well, I for one, am quite happy with my X2 and 78mm batteries and don't see any need to look further equipment wise. Now finding that perfect DIY juice recipe.....well that's another story.

Good Luck and Happy Vaping!

Mark

Sasha20

Oct 14, 2012
pennsylvannia
Thanks everyone. Great info. I agree that the newbie forum is just to much info to start because you get overwhelemed with what everyone is telling you to buy.....

SI does make it simple. I think I will just get some juices and blank cartos and work up from there with
An X2 and clearomizer. I will be glad when SI gets in the new juices, hopefully that will be soon.

nightfell

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Massachusetts
Thanks everyone. Great info. I agree that the newbie forum is just to much info to start because you get overwhelemed with what everyone is telling you to buy.....

SI does make it simple. I think I will just get some juices and blank cartos and work up from there with
An X2 and clearomizer. I will be glad when SI gets in the new juices, hopefully that will be soon.

I agree it all is so overwhelming if it wasn't for SI's products and the awesome group in this sub forum I would have still been lost.

Keep the 78's maybe get some more so you have batteries and maybe get a X2 650 to try they really aren't that big in size.

For cartos stick with those and get some blanks. Blanks allow you to try juices from vendors that don't offer prefilled cartos. Cartos really are easy to fill. For the vendors that do sell pre filled cartos order those. When you feel ready try some clearos or ce3's etc.

And lastly juices are really trial and error you might not like someone's apple but another one might be heaven. Also keep asking questions we all did and still do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread