How long does a SI prefilled carto last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itschoice

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
California
I used to smoke 12-14 very long 120s a day, and when I replaced smoking with vaping, got by with 1 carto a day. But then I got into vaping a lot more than I smoked, so now I'm up to about 4 cartos a day. But I've lowered my nic strength way down since when I started. I think I'm more hooked on the flavors now.
Isn't that funny how that works. 12 mg is now too strong for me but 6 mg has me vaping all day. I would rather have the lower nic but I find I go through so much more juice. If I use the 12 mg at night I cant sleep at all. If I use the 6 mg and don't vape a lot I start thinking about an analogue. You would think that after all these months I would be done with analogues but thats not the case.

As for carts I find the constant refilling to keep them wet enough for my tastes is a hassle. I love the vapor of the Nanos but since I go through so much juice I would have to refill like 5 or 6 times a day. I had stopped using clearos and moved to Ce3's but the number of refills was a pain, especially with the CE3's.

If I was new to all of this I would say use the Nanos if you are using a 78 and use the clearos or Nanos if you are using an X2 then when the T3 comes out switch to that. I just don't like how long a cart lasts for me. I was smoking ultra lights, just under a pack a day, but I guess I suck too hard and they just seem to start drying out too fast for me.

However, carts/cheep gas station ecigs got me to quit but its SI that kept me from smoking.

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
Sorry if I misunderstood, but don't buy a bottle of juice until you are happy with it. I think 30ml is the equiv of 2 cartons, give or take. Definitely try the other sample packs, you might be surprised. Most of what I have tried tastes different than its name. There are many other flavors out there, so don't let that be the stumbling block. Remember, I am only 1 week ahead of you, and I'm still having an analog or two a day.

If you find a flavor that is at least ok, you have something to work with. Good luck.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
When Si release their new line of US made liquids, probably this week, they plan on offering sample packs of maybe 3or 5ml. Most liquid vendors do that so you can try them out without ending up with gallons of stuff you don't like. It can take a while to get completely off tobacco, but with a little perserverence you'll get there.

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
I can see how this all can get expensive! all these samples and shipping charges etc. i hope I like some of the ones i ordered. I didn't have coupons either because i just got so frustrated with looking for them.

Sasha, dont get too frustrated, you will soon be through this part of the learning. The steeping time can be different for every liquid depending on if the vendor makes up batches or mixes to order. Steeping is just waiting for the flavors to blend together. I usually just date each bottle (if they don't have born on dates) and put them in a cupboard. I will give them a shake or two daily and open them up and see how it smells. Sometimes there is an alcohol type scent, those I will leave the cap off for a day to let it dissipate. None of this is set in stone, sometimes I can't wait and test them right out of the mailbox! The SI juices are premade, no steeping necessary.

Another week and you will be filling those cartos like a pro!

Moonstruck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado
Is it okay to inhale the vapor into the lungs like a ciggarette? I read on the forum you are supposed to just blow it out and not inhale but when I do this I just don't feel satisfied.

I think a few others have already responded, but let me chime in as well. I've been vaping for over 3 years, and yes, I inhale with every vape. That's the only way you're going to get any nicotine, and thus, any satisfaction. Seeing clouds of vapor and getting a good taste certainly helps, but most of us need the nicotine plus we need that sensation of "smoking". And compared to cigarette smoke, your lungs will thank you for it. Just my two cents.

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
When Si release their new line of US made liquids, probably this week, they plan on offering sample packs of maybe 3or 5ml. Most liquid vendors do that so you can try them out without ending up with gallons of stuff you don't like. It can take a while to get completely off tobacco, but with a little perserverence you'll get there.

Cool, I didn't know SI was adding flavors. I found a bunch of sites that sell US made, and offer the little sample bottles. I really like the sound of that. I still haven't found a flavor I really like so I can't wait to see what SI has to offer. :)

itschoice

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
California
Thanks.....I hope your right! I want to be able to get the hang of this and get off the ciggs.
You will get the hang of it and you will get off cigs. Like I eluded to in a past post they may still cross your mind like they do to me but that just means you need to tweak your nic strength. I have only had about 4 or 5 analogues since 1/13/12. Just hang in there and be committed to finding what works for you.

As for savings over the long haul it will be much cheaper than buying cigs. I know I have only spent lees than half of what I would have spent on regular cigs from January to now.

Basilor

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Sasha, I think you might be over thinking this whole thing a bit. It really is in many ways easier than stinkies. Personally, I don't miss:

1) Having to pack a new pack, and deal with the little plastic and foil.

2) Brushing off little bits of tobacco that fall out of the pack.

3) Lighting a stinkie, having it sit there, go to take a drag and finding it burned out or burned up.

4) Lighting the filter end by accident.

5) Having to carry more than one pack because I might not have enough for the day.

6) Having ashes fall off around my computer desk and on my keyboard.

7) Opening the front door and seeing clouds of smoke billow out.

8) Driving in Phoenix, Az in 115' heat with the AC on and the window down because I am smoking in the car.

9) Having the car AC blow ashes into my eye while driving.

10) Dropping a stinky while driving and trying to find it while keeping my eyes on the road.

11) Smelling like a damp ashtray, and getting a clean towel to shower and smelling ashtray.

12) The dogs knocking the ashtray off the coffee table with their tails.

13) Smoldering stinkies in the ashtray after I put them "out".

14) Being so tired that it's hard to keep my eyes open with a stinky in my fingers. I have fallen asleep with a X2 in my hand, no biggie.

15) Coughing up big globs of yellow goodness.

16) My fingers smelling like I rubbed the ashtray with them.

17) My spit being yellow/brown whether I was smoking at the time or not.

18) The urge to cough when taking a deep breath.

Seriously, I think you are getting a bit over anxious by reading all these threads. It really is quite easy. You will get the hang of it. The main thing is to find a flavor that you can vape. I would recommend some of the other samples from SI, there should be something in there you like enough to get you going. It is so easy to refill a carto, and if you mess one up, no biggie. Easiest thing to do, after you vape one for a while, add a few more drops.

The video at the top of this page should put away any worries you have about refilling cartomizers. Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Refill Liquid

PS. Imagine, if you read this, are you planning on offering pre-filled cartos of the new nicquids?

GL and HV!

Mark

Sasha20

Oct 14, 2012
pennsylvannia
Hi Mark, Good advice. i ordered some samples from 2 vendors yesterday and blank cartos from SI. Your right I am over thinking it and getting jumbled up with all the info. So, for now I am just going to calm down stop reading so many threads that my head spins with info, and wait for my samples of juice.

I asked the same question to Imagine on a PM and yes they will have prefilled of the new flavors but not right away may be a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread