How Much Do You Vape Daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris10

Jun 12, 2017
Hi everyone! First, I'd like to apologize if this has been discussed before. I'm new and searched for the topic but couldn't find any.

On average, how much do each of you vape?

I had a heart attack on May 13th which scared the hell out of me as I'm only 47 year's old, at the time 46...I just had a Birthday. Anyway, for 30 years I smoked, on average, a pack a day. For the first few weeks I chewed the nic gym and just got my ecig about a week ago.

I know it's only truly dangerous if it gets above a certain temperature... But there are times I find myself "chain-vaping" because I very much enjoy it. Yesterday I went through two and a half tanks and am worried about 2 things. One, it's that making the temperature higher when I "chain vape"? And two, is that too much to go through in one day?

Just very concerned because I have a healthy diet and am pretty active, so I know my heart attack was from smoking. Don't want to damage my heart anymore!

Thank you!

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Sorry to hear about your heart attack but I average out at 7 or 8 tanks a day, you can never vape too much.
I also know health vastly improves with vaping, I have heart murmurs but when I smoked 3 packs a day it didn't help!
I know people who've had heart attacks an the risk has gone down after quitting smoking :)

Reactions: Kris10

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I vape with various types of devices, so it is dependent upon the device I am using and wattage will determine my juice consumption in a day.

Mouth To Lung at about 8 to 10watts in the 1.4 to 1.8ohm range - I chain vape on these all day most times, average about 5 to 8ml of 12mg juice a day.
Sub-ohm tank direct to lung in the 20 to 30watts 0.5ohm range - I can go through about 10 to 15ml of 6mg juice a day on one of these
Super-sub-ohm dripping atomizer direct to lung in the 40 to 80watts 0.25 to 0.3ohm range - I can easily burn through about 30ml of 3mg on these a day.

So as you can see just from my usage, style of vaping and the watts involved can burn down juice rapidly, I've known some super-sub-ohm level vapers that can vape almost 60ml of in a day, generally in the 0mg to 1.5mg nic level of juice. Due to the fact that Nicotine does constrict muscles and arteries, you have to balance the fact that the Nic content in juices is considerably lower than a single cigarette, so even chain vaping your actual nic intake in a day is far below what you were getting in a whole pack of cigarettes. If you were over-nicotine exposing yourself, you'd get nausea, headaches, and heat flashes first before going over the critical level of nic-poisoning yourself. That is also not taking into account the MOAI's, tar, carbon-dioxide, the acetone and other chemicals in cigarette smoke that compound and contribute to heart disease are not found in any vape out there or does not have the concentrations of them that a cig has (diacetyl, formaldehydes, etc).

1 Cigarette - after combustion on average you get a nic exposure of 48 to 56mg of the nicotine in the unlit cigarette
15ml X 6mg = 90mg total in your day
48mg X 20 Cigarettes in a day = 960mg total in your day

Sorry for the math, but...

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
When I was using my subohm tanks, all built to the .2-.35 ohm range at 65-100w I was going through 30-40ml of 4.8mg 50/50 liquid. Now, I primarily use regulated squonkers (bottom feeders) with bf rdas at.3 ohms and use 3-4.8mg juice at 65w, I am down to about 20ml/day.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Sorry to hear about your heart attack so young. Getting off the smokes is clearly something you had to do with whatever method worked.

There is a thread that offers how long people have been vaping, but also has how much folks are vaping and is about 5 pages in by now. You might want to poke through that one as well How many years you are a vaper and how much do you vape per day?

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I vape about 10-15ml, 6mg
    Since there are many causes and types of heart attacks, you might want to discuss it with your cardiologist.
    Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor. My dad passed from a heart attack when he was 46, and I had a stroke at 57.
    My cardiologist is happy I quit smoking and is fine with my vaping, as my arteries show no signs of plaque build up, and my BP is always low.
    Of course he'd prefer I just breathed air.

Last edited:

Kris10

Jun 12, 2017
    I vape with various types of devices, so it is dependent upon the device I am using and wattage will determine my juice consumption in a day.

Mouth To Lung at about 8 to 10watts in the 1.4 to 1.8ohm range - I chain vape on these all day most times, average about 5 to 8ml of 12mg juice a day.
    Sub-ohm tank direct to lung in the 20 to 30watts 0.5ohm range - I can go through about 10 to 15ml of 6mg juice a day on one of these
    Super-sub-ohm dripping atomizer direct to lung in the 40 to 80watts 0.25 to 0.3ohm range - I can easily burn through about 30ml of 3mg on these a day.

So as you can see just from my usage, style of vaping and the watts involved can burn down juice rapidly, I've known some super-sub-ohm level vapers that can vape almost 60ml of in a day, generally in the 0mg to 1.5mg nic level of juice. Due to the fact that Nicotine does constrict muscles and arteries, you have to balance the fact that the Nic content in juices is considerably lower than a single cigarette, so even chain vaping your actual nic intake in a day is far below what you were getting in a whole pack of cigarettes. If you were over-nicotine exposing yourself, you'd get nausea, headaches, and heat flashes first before going over the critical level of nic-poisoning yourself. That is also not taking into account the MOAI's, tar, carbon-dioxide, the acetone and other chemicals in cigarette smoke that compound and contribute to heart disease are not found in any vape out there or does not have the concentrations of them that a cig has (diacetyl, formaldehydes, etc).

1 Cigarette - after combustion on average you get a nic exposure of 48 to 56mg of the nicotine in the unlit cigarette
    15ml X 6mg = 90mg total in your day
    48mg X 20 Cigarettes in a day = 960mg total in your day

Sorry for the math, but...
    No no... Thanks for the math!!

Reactions: Opinionated

Kris10

Jun 12, 2017

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2016
    Tempe, Arizona, United States
    Thank you all for the responses!! Really appreciate the great feedback.
    I should've added my juice is 3 mg nicotine and I intend to be at 0 nicotine by August.
    I will commend your intentions and advise you to move cautiously. Too many people have dropped their levels too quickly and found themselves smoking again. Not advising you to not try it, just proceed with awareness.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    I've been vaping for 5 years and have always been a low wattage toodle puffer (8-10 watts). I was a 40 year 3 pad chain smoker.

When I stated on cigalikes and cartomizers I would vape about 5mil per day of high pg 24mg liquid.

As I moved to tanks (T2 and Protank II), and 40% vg liquids, I was getting up to 8 mil per day but 9-12mg.

Today (because of COPD) I'm back to high pg (80% pg) liquids on Nautilus, Tron-s, Kayfun type tanks at 1.5mg. I seem to be back to 4-5 mil per day mainly because the higher pg does not produce the big clouds and lasts longer. Also, I seem to not need nicotine as much these days.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Thank you all for the responses!! Really appreciate the great feedback.
    I should've added my juice is 3 mg nicotine and I intend to be at 0 nicotine by August.
    The reason your vaping all that juice and chain vaping is your style of vaping. There is basically 2 types of vaping and both probably are equal in total nic consumption. One is low nic and a lot of juice and the other is high nic and a lot less juice. Each are good, it's just what ever works to keep you off of cigs....I personally only vape 3 to 4 mls per day but vape 24mg juice. I also vape very short puffs and never chain vape , so I feel this never heats up the coil to those dangerous levels they speak of. I also would recommend you not to worry so much about dropping to zero nic , my belief is, once you know for sure that you would never smoke again, even if you didn't vape, then it's time to lower. For someone that most likely would smoke if not for ecigs, stay where your at for the time being.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Hi everyone! First, I'd like to apologize if this has been discussed before. I'm new and searched for the topic but couldn't find any.

On average, how much do each of you vape?

I had a heart attack on May 13th which scared the hell out of me as I'm only 47 year's old, at the time 46...I just had a Birthday. Anyway, for 30 years I smoked, on average, a pack a day. For the first few weeks I chewed the nic gym and just got my ECig about a week ago.

I know it's only truly dangerous if it gets above a certain temperature... But there are times I find myself "chain-vaping" because I very much enjoy it. Yesterday I went through two and a half tanks and am worried about 2 things. One, it's that making the temperature higher when I "chain vape"? And two, is that too much to go through in one day?

Just very concerned because I have a healthy diet and am pretty active, so I know my heart attack was from smoking. Don't want to damage my heart anymore!

Thank you!

It's just fine to chain vape.. no tar or the extra chemicals in combustible tobacco.

Sorry to hear about your heart attack..

Here is my post on how much I vape. How many years you are a vaper and how much do you vape per day?

Kris10

Jun 12, 2017
    I will commend your intentions and advise you to move cautiously. Too many people have dropped their levels too quickly and found themselves smoking again. Not advising you to not try it, just proceed with awareness.
    Thanks, appreciate it. Well i was on 4mg nicorette gum for 3 weeks before i switched to the ecig. My cravings for cigarettes are gone, (as of now). I have to be careful with nicotine because of my heart.

Reactions: RainSong
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread