How Much Do You Vape Daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris10

Jun 12, 2017
Reactions: Opinionated

Kris10

Jun 12, 2017
The reason your vaping all that juice and chain vaping is your style of vaping. There is basically 2 types of vaping and both probably are equal in total nic consumption. One is low nic and a lot of juice and the other is high nic and a lot less juice. Each are good, it's just what ever works to keep you off of cigs....I personally only vape 3 to 4 mls per day but vape 24mg juice. I also vape very short puffs and never chain vape , so I feel this never heats up the coil to those dangerous levels they speak of. I also would recommend you not to worry so much about dropping to zero nic , my belief is, once you know for sure that you would never smoke again, even if you didn't vape, then it's time to lower. For someone that most likely would smoke if not for ecigs, stay where your at for the time being.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I need to find out how much my tank even holds lol... It's small. It's more the habit i enjoy than the nicotine. Make sense?

Kris10

Jun 12, 2017
I vape with various types of devices, so it is dependent upon the device I am using and wattage will determine my juice consumption in a day.

Mouth To Lung at about 8 to 10watts in the 1.4 to 1.8ohm range - I chain vape on these all day most times, average about 5 to 8ml of 12mg juice a day.
Sub-ohm tank direct to lung in the 20 to 30watts 0.5ohm range - I can go through about 10 to 15ml of 6mg juice a day on one of these
Super-sub-ohm dripping atomizer direct to lung in the 40 to 80watts 0.25 to 0.3ohm range - I can easily burn through about 30ml of 3mg on these a day.

So as you can see just from my usage, style of vaping and the watts involved can burn down juice rapidly, I've known some super-sub-ohm level vapers that can vape almost 60ml of in a day, generally in the 0mg to 1.5mg nic level of juice. Due to the fact that Nicotine does constrict muscles and arteries, you have to balance the fact that the Nic content in juices is considerably lower than a single cigarette, so even chain vaping your actual nic intake in a day is far below what you were getting in a whole pack of cigarettes. If you were over-nicotine exposing yourself, you'd get nausea, headaches, and heat flashes first before going over the critical level of nic-poisoning yourself. That is also not taking into account the MOAI's, tar, carbon-dioxide, the acetone and other chemicals in cigarette smoke that compound and contribute to heart disease are not found in any vape out there or does not have the concentrations of them that a cig has (diacetyl, formaldehydes, etc).

1 Cigarette - after combustion on average you get a nic exposure of 48 to 56mg of the nicotine in the unlit cigarette
15ml X 6mg = 90mg total in your day
48mg X 20 Cigarettes in a day = 960mg total in your day

Sorry for the math, but...

So can you tell me if 20 volts is a safe temperature?

Kris10

Jun 12, 2017
I can't imagine going through 20mls a day! I have to go outside to vape at work and unfortunately not very often. What's a Griffin 25 hold, 5mls or so? Roughly where I'm at.

Did i say i go through 20ml a day? I meant to say probably around 6-8ml.
I did say 2 tanks... i have an Eleaf iStick TC40W eith 3mg juice. My 30ml bottle is about three quarters full and have been vaping for 6 days now. So I've been filling the tank to the halfway point twice daily. So after reading everyone's responses, i seem to be doing okay. I just have to watch the temperature. The thing says it's temperature control, i just need to figure it out lol

Last edited:

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
So can you tell me if 20 volts is a safe temperature?

20volts?? You mean 20watts? 20watts should be just fine, its when you start creeping above 50watts you can run risk of formaldehyde and such forming if you can't keep enough air flowing over the coils to keep the cool enough to not burn the wicking.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Did i say i go through 20ml a day? I said 2 tanks... i have an Eleaf iStick TC40W eith 3mg juice. My 30ml bottle is about three quarters full and have been vaping for 6 days now. So I've been filling the tank to the halfway point twice daily. So after reading everyone's responses, i seem to be doing okay. I just have to watch the temperature. The thing says it's temperature control, i just need to figure it out lol

For TC mode you'd need a coil head that is Ni200 Nickel, Ti1 Titanium, or SS316L Stainless Steel to run TC mode, and I believe the iStick40W only supported Ni200 Nickel coils for TC Mode, don't know about Ti1 Titanium being supported on it, and definitely not SS316L as that support came months later after the iStick40W launch. TC mode you'd set your watts, set the mod into TC mode for the wire in your coil, then adjust the Temp Setting in Farenhiet or Centigrade/Celcius.

Kris10

Jun 12, 2017
20volts?? You mean 20watts? 20watts should be just fine, its when you start creeping above 50watts you can run risk of formaldehyde and such forming if you can't keep enough air flowing over the coils to keep the cool enough to not burn the wicking.
Watts lol... Sorry about that. I'm new to this.
Thanks for the great info!

Kris10

Jun 12, 2017
For TC mode you'd need a coil head that is Ni200 Nickel, Ti1 Titanium, or SS316L Stainless Steel to run TC mode, and I believe the iStick40W only supported Ni200 Nickel coils for TC Mode, don't know about Ti1 Titanium being supported on it, and definitely not SS316L as that support came months later after the iStick40W launch. TC mode you'd set your watts, set the mod into TC mode for the wire in your coil, then adjust the Temp Setting in Farenhiet or Centigrade/Celcius.

Okay... I'll get the booklet out and figure how to do that... Thanks so much!

Kris10

Jun 12, 2017
ONE more question "imfire"...i switched it to farenheit... What temperature should i keep it at?

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I'd say keep it in the range between 380F to about max 520F (later would need more airflow to keep the coil cooler), though like straight VW mode, you'd have to dial it in to your taste specifically, try at 380F first using that a couple of vapes, if not enough or to cool up it 10 to 20F, rinse and repeat until you find the spot you like temp wise.

Reactions: Opinionated

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
I appear to be a lightweight. I vape about two ml per day right now. Of course I also am not inlove with this juice but I'm trying to empty the tank before I change it.

It should be noted that the more vapor you're producing the faster you tend to go through the juice. I'm guessing wattage makes it vary as well.

Good luck on your journey. I took a little over a year to get to zero I think but here I am over 6 years later not smoking and not using nicotine.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Thanks. I need to find out how much my tank even holds lol... It's small. It's more the habit i enjoy than the nicotine. Make sense?
Maybe you have 2ml tanks and aren't vaping that much? Either way it's really all safe unless you really are pushing the coil so hard that your vaping burnt wick stuff, which I doubt most are. I just couldn't imagine vaping like 20 to 30ml a day like some are, but as long as we're vaping it's all good

Kris10

Jun 12, 2017
Maybe you have 2ml tanks and aren't vaping that much? Either way it's really all safe unless you really are pushing the coil so hard that your vaping burnt wick stuff, which I doubt most are. I just couldn't imagine vaping like 20 to 30ml a day like some are, but as long as we're vaping it's all good

My guess is I'm not vaping that much either, at all. I hate that burnt taste... i learned that lesson in the very beginning when i didn't realize i ran out of juice! Lol
Yes, I'd say we're doing well.
Thanks again & have a good one!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
My guess is I'm not vaping that much either, at all. I hate that burnt taste... i learned that lesson in the very beginning when i didn't realize i ran out of juice! Lol
Yes, I'd say we're doing well.
Thanks again & have a good one!
Awesome!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks! I'll go read your thread now. I guess my main worry with chain vaping was that it's been said higher temperatures turn the chemicals into formaldehyde... Which i thought i got away from when i tossed the cigs out!

That worry is for people who do extremely high wattage vaping or push extreme limits of their coil.. I've never had a hot vape even chain vaping. Your average person has not one thing to worry about, seriously.

Last edited:

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
When I first switched from smoking I used the VUSE stuff because it was easily available and cheap enough to try out to see if it was workable to stop smoking with. I think they hold only around 1.6 MG but it is 48mg/ml. Each one is stated as being the equivalent of a pack. I could easily go thru 2 or 3 a day of those.

I then moved to Kanger T3s with 12 mg/ml and was going thru probably 6 or 8 ml a day. I still use them sometimes but with 6 mg/ml in them. 1.5 ml ohm coil. Using it mostly to use up left over supply of 6 mg nic juice.

I use most of the time now a Subtank mini with 3 mg/ml and go thru about 6 or 8 ml a day with it. 1.5 Ohm coil.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Did i say i go through 20ml a day? I meant to say probably around 6-8ml.
I did say 2 tanks... i have an Eleaf iStick TC40W eith 3mg juice. My 30ml bottle is about three quarters full and have been vaping for 6 days now. So I've been filling the tank to the halfway point twice daily. So after reading everyone's responses, i seem to be doing okay. I just have to watch the temperature. The thing says it's temperature control, i just need to figure it out lol

That 30 ml bottle gives you insight into how much you're vaping from a "volume" perspective. Even a half of the bottle over 6 days is only 2.5 ml per day. 2.5 ml of a 3 mg juice is very, very low use. As long as it's enough to keep you from smoking, all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread