Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I was using 10-15ml a day last year and I am down to about 6ml of 2mg juice now. If I have a bunch of drinks, I might hit 10-12ml but I am finding that I have cut back substantially over the last few months.

I have no intention of quitting vaping in the foreseeable future, but I am finding that I can now go hours without a vape. On a trip to the Caribbean last week, I couldn't vape for almost 10hrs and wasn't craving nic really at all. That NEVER would have been the case with smokes.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think you need to be worried, either. Given your situation and how much you were smoking, I'd consider going to 1.5 nic level juice for a while, prior to dropping to 0. That's just me though, and only a suggestion. I think with your wattage, you'll be fine. You're probably chain-vaping because you went to lower nicotine from the beginning, and also it kind of seems like everyone chain-vapes at the beginning, and that dies off as the cravings for things in cigs *besides* nicotine die off, and you won't want to chain vape so much.

Congratulations on quitting smoking! As someone who pushed her own smoking habit to the limit, (heading straight toward COPD I was) I know how hard it is when you *have to* stop smoking, but it's also a huge motivator for me, as I can *hear* my lungs recovering from the last bout of pneumonia, LOL, I even forgot to use my inhaler this morning, and I am totally fine! Hopefully, your docs are on board with your decision and good for you for finding the site to get questions answered-- it's an awesome place for that, the amount of knowledge here astounds me (though I think it may take some time before I DIY coils and e-juice, but it's nice to know it CAN be done, if you get what I'm saying.

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Omg THANK YOU!
I needed to hear that!

Kris,

I didn't hear you say what mod you were using, but you can find the Eleaf iStick Pico on sale for under $30 and it does TC mode with SS316L (stainless steel), Ni (nickel), and Ti (titanium). Most like stainless wire for TC vaping.

Google "iStick Pico Sale" to find the lowest prices on that mod. I bought my Pico Dual (dual 18650 batteries) at www.VaporDNA.com for $24.99 -10% off on sale. That clearance sale is still going on.

The manuals that come with ecig mods these days are pretty useless unless you can read fine print! I always to to the manufacturer's web site and download the manual and either print it or view it on my PC. TC setup isn't hard, but you do have to change the TCR (Temperature Coefficient of Resistance) value for most new mods.

Once you do the TC setup you can adjust the temperature to ensure that it stays under a set value. That assures you that you are always in a heat range that doesn't produce harmful byproducts. I set mine at 400 degrees and 10W.

Last edited:

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Been there, done that! Heart attack at 46. Tried everything to quit for 5 years, but failed in all of them. Continued smoking for 20 years before kicking it with vaping. Glad you got a quicker start with the vaping.

Having said all that, I have no problem with how much I vape.....and my cardiologist seems to have no problem with that. It is all better then smoking!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Seems like I have a pv in my hand 24/7. No puff counter, so I have no idea of how often I use it though.
    I'm strictly a low wattage vaper, (~7 watts give or take) so I go through 3-4 ml of 12 mg liquid/day.

Just to help you feel better:
    I too have a heart condition (zipper from my adams apple to my belly). 7 years ago it was either stop smoking or die. So it's easy for me to say that if it wasn't for vaping, I would already be dead!
    I'm now 76 years old BTW.

Last edited:

latevaper9

Dec 30, 2017
    PLEASE, EVERYONE... BE AWARE!!!
    ALYJOUGH THE AMOUNT OF NICOTINE IN A CIGARETTE IS 20 PLUS MG'S,
    THE ACTUAL AMOUNT OF NICOTINE ABSORBED BY THE BODY WHEN COMBUSTED IS ONLY AROUND 1 MG!!!

IT IS NOT 48 TO 56MG'S PER CIG AS WAS STATED BY IMFire3605.!!!
    IT IS ABOUT 1 MG PER CIG!!!

THE ACTUAL MATH IS EASY TO REMEMBER...

IF YOU BUY 18 MG. VAPE, THAT IS 18 MG'S PER MILLILITER!!!
    MY TANK HOLDS 2.5 ML'S...THAT IS EQUAL TO 45 MG'S OF NICOTINE. THAT IS 2 PACKS PLUS 5 MORE CIGS WORTH....IN 1 TANK!!!

YOU CAN EASILY FIND THIS INFORMATION ALL OVER THE INTERNET!!!

PLEASE UNDERSTAND...I HAD A HEART ATTACK AND 2 STENTS PUT IN 7 WEEKS AGO.. I AM A 53 YR OLD FORMER CHAINSMOKER..AVERAGED 2 TO 3 PACKS A DAY FOR CLOSE TO 40 YEARS.. I BELIEVE VAPING HAS SAVED MY LIFE!!! I ABSOLUTELY THINK IT WILL, AND SHOULD, DESTROY THE POISON OF CIGARETTES ONE DAY... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT... IT IS TESTING OUT TO BE 95% SAFER THAN POISON STICKS!

BUT WE MUST BE CLEAR ON THE FACTS...IF YOU VAPE A LOT, PLEASE DO IT AT LOWER NIC LEVELS. NICOTINE IS NOT WHAT KILLS YOU IN CIGS, ITS ALL THE OTHER CRAP. BUT AS FIRE STATED IT IS NOT GOOD ON CARDIO MATTERS. IT IS A POISON... ACTUALLY USED IN PESTICIDES. SO LETS BE CAREFUL ABOUT THIS FOLKS... THATS ALL IM SAYING...PEACE. ...VAPE ON!

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I had just posted a comment on here about nicotine levels in cigarettes.

I wanted to clarify that there are those larger amounts of nicotine actually in cigs ( 20 +), but it is only about 1 mg. that actually gets absorbed by our bodies.
    So please use the 1 mg. as a guide, not 20+. Peace.

First - you should have edited your post because the first one (in all caps) is nothing but a great big lie.

You are correct here when you say that in a combustible cigarette there is 18 mg or more (depending upon the cigarette make and model) of nicotine, but on average most people only actually absorb 1 mg of that amount into their system per cigarette, although that figure does vary person to person, some people absorb much more, some less. 1mg absorption is an approximate average with plenty of room for error.

So First - what makes you think vaping is necessarily a more efficient nicotine delivery system? Any scientific evidence that 100% of all nicotine vaped is absorbed into the human body?

(I think not)

Second - when someone vapes 2 - 3 mg of e juice a day (or less in some cases) that 18mg/ml of nicotine is actually very little considering not all of it is getting absorbed into the body coupled with its only 54 mg per day of nicotine to start with - the starting equivalent of 3 cigarettes before nicotine absorption.

So you know, mtl is both not quite as effective as sub ohm vaping where concerns nicotine delivery, as well as not as much consumption of eliquid as a whole, your average mtl vaper vapes around 3 mg a day while your average sub ohm vapor can vape much more daily - averaging between 15-20ml per day.

Depending on how a person vapes, and how much they vape will determine how much nicotine they will need to use - and even in that there is plenty of room for variants depending on how much they used to smoke and how efficient their system is at absorption - ie: how much nicotine did they get into their system from cigarettes. ..

The question was is vaping two and a half tanks worth of ejuice too much... no, it's not too much, and your right the difference between nicotine exposure and nicotine absorption is two different matters entirely - what your missing is that it's two different matters in vaping as well.

The general rule is that if is a person isn't getting nic sick and what they are vaping is getting them through withdrawals and making them feel comfortable without a cigarette then they are in the right spot for them...

and it sounds like heart problems or not, the OP is in the right spot for him at the moment. In time his vaping habits will likely change naturally - but there is a lot of chemicals and tars in cigarettes that AREN'T in vaping, and he has won a huge battle getting away from the worst of it.

Every one chain vapes at first... some never stop, many do - naturally.

Last edited:

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2017
    Charlottesville, Virginia
    THE ACTUAL AMOUNT OF NICOTINE ABSORBED BY THE BODY WHEN COMBUSTED IS ONLY AROUND 1 MG!!!

MY TANK HOLDS 2.5 ML'S...THAT IS EQUAL TO 45 MG'S OF NICOTINE. THAT IS 2 PACKS PLUS 5 MORE CIGS WORTH....IN 1 TANK!!!

PLEASE UNDERSTAND...I HAD A HEART ATTACK AND 2 STENTS PUT IN 7 WEEKS AGO.. I AM A 53 YR OLD FORMER CHAINSMOKER..AVERAGED 2 TO 3 PACKS A DAY FOR CLOSE TO 40 YEARS.. I BELIEVE VAPING HAS SAVED MY LIFE!!! I ABSOLUTELY THINK IT WILL, AND SHOULD, DESTROY THE POISON OF CIGARETTES ONE DAY... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT... IT IS TESTING OUT TO BE 95% SAFER THAN POISON STICKS!

BUT WE MUST BE CLEAR ON THE FACTS...IF YOU VAPE A LOT, PLEASE DO IT AT LOWER NIC LEVELS. NICOTINE IS NOT WHAT KILLS YOU IN CIGS, ITS ALL THE OTHER CRAP. BUT AS FIRE STATED IT IS NOT GOOD ON CARDIO MATTERS. IT IS A POISON... ACTUALLY USED IN PESTICIDES. SO LETS BE CAREFUL ABOUT THIS FOLKS... THATS ALL IM SAYING...PEACE. ...VAPE ON!
    Oh, it's on the internet!
    Must be true...

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member

I feel sure you joined the forum and yelled at us out of concern for our safety so for that I thank you. I wanted to take a moment to welcome you to the best site on the net if you want to get information on all thing vape related.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I have not read the whole thread yet, so I apologize if this has been covered. The nicotine is NOT the major concern in cigs, in fact nicotine is "generally regarded as safe" by the FDA for long term use in all other smoking cessation products. It's the tar, and all the other chemicals that are the problem. While you can potentially get too much nic chain vaping high level nic juice, for anything 6mg/ml or lower you would be hard pressed to vape enough to get anywhere close to the danger level of cigs. Even at 24-32mg/ml while you MIGHT could get too much nic you are not getting the rest of the harmful stuff. So vape away and don't worry about it too much.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Actually doing some searching I found this, see if this puts your mind at ease. Keep in mind that the "dose" listed would be "all at once" levels and not slow exposure across a whole day. Those levels are obviously much much higher.

Nicotine overdosing
    In humans, the median lethal dose is 0.5 to 1.0 mg/kg or around 40 to 60 mg in an average human. Despite its high toxicity, a person cannot overdose on nicotine just by smoking the substance. Overdose, however, can occur if a person uses too many nicotine patches or chews too much nicotine gum or chewing tobacco as well as smoking.

As nicotine can be absorbed into the bloodstream easily through the skin, if an extremely high concentration of nicotine is spilt on the skin, this can lead to toxicity and death.

Even the above toxicity levels are based on 150 year old self experimentation that is very likely wrong. Dr Farsalinos has written the following about this low toxicity level:

More interestingly, Prof Mayer reports that the lethal level of nicotine as measured in postmortem exams was 2mg/ml of blood, corresponding to 4mg/ml of plasma. Such levels would correspond to ingesting 500-1000mg of nicotine. This is 10-20 times higher levels that those “accepted” today.

There is no doubt that nicotine is toxic and can be lethal. However, the levels currently mentioned in the literature seem to be extremely low and unrealistic. Nicotine solutions should always be handled with care, but there is no reason to produce excessive fear or accept poor science in order to terrorize the public.

Read more here:
    Nicotine lethal dose in humans: a common argument by regulatory authorities, based on poor science

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread