Status
Not open for further replies.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
A book! A book! How lovely!

I'm still rocking my ProThingy and Reo (please take a monoent of silence to send good thoughts to Becky, Sultana of Squonk, wherever she may be), but I will be getting my first tube mechanical next week. I always seem to forget that the Reo is a mechanical, so I already have experience with them - anyway, I'm getting a bOd Mecha ByLeo. I'm getting excited about it, which is good, since it was an impulse buy. I was all set to order a Poldiac, but then got ticked off at MMVapors for charging my friend in Montana VAT and refusing to acknowledge that they shouldn't be charging VAT on exports to the US. Swine. While I wanted the Poldiac, the bOd meets my initial criteria: satin ss, no bottom firing button and not looking like a plumbing part due to a weird looking side button.

I've been building mico coils in the RM2 and in RTAs since around December. Currently my favorite is the Rüzgar, which is similar to a kayfun. Right now it has a 1.3.Ω coil wicked with rayon. And I'm still vaping the same AVD as I have for 2 years.

So that's my story morning glories.

The bOd looks very nice. Expensive, but really well finished.

Almost certainly redundant advice for someone of your experience, but I find the best way to manage mechanicals is to pick the coil resistance that works well at about 3.8V for the atomiser device that you are using. You then do several short presses on a fresh battery while taking a vape, and longer and longer presses once the battery voltage drops. It's so intuitive it requires no thought whatsoever once you have the knack. It's one of those "experience" things. If all the electronic devices broke tomorrow I could quite happily live with my mechanicals... only laziness keeps me using the Vamo, Itaste, and Protanks.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

eye_huros_spinning.gif

tobacco2.gif

bellyndashdancer.gif
oh_noes__they_are_back__by_natanarihelliat-d66ahjg.gif
bellyndashdancer.gif

Latin_thanks_support.gif

444d245f1bbece549b736a6531c269ab.gif

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I was just talking a bit about Fab and Atty Pops tonight to a friend who is getting irked at the Good Dr, who appears to be posting with a vengeance lately (pun intended). I came across an analogy I wrote summarizing an encounter you had. Remember this?

Person #1 "Going into a lion's cage is dangerous. People can be injured if they go inside a lion’s cage."

Person #2 "It's safe for lion tamers to go into a lion's cage and there are protective jackets available. Besides, being scratched by a lion is no big deal."

Person #1 "I'm not talking about lion tamers. I'm talking about an inexperienced person reading this who might think it's safe to walk into a wild lion's cage and might end up being seriously injured."

Person #2 "I didn't say wild lion. The number of people killed by lions is minute. You are an alarmist to claim that someone will be killed if they go into a lion's cage."

Person #3 "Suggesting to people who aren't lion tamers that they can go into a lion's cage without first knowing if the lion is tame is irresponsible."

Person #2 "I didn't instruct anyone to go into a lion's cage, I am refuting an unhinged ranter’s claim that people who go into a lion's cage will be killed."

Person #3 "No, you didn't tell someone to do it, but stating someone could go into a lion's cage without knowing the variables, such as if the person is a lion tamer or if the lion is tame and that it is 'No big deal' to be scratched by a lion disregards safety."

Person #2 "Claiming that I told people they can safely go into a lion's cage is strawmanning."

Ha ha ha ha!

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Congratulations on 2 years Ocey, and it's good to see a few familiar names posting here as well. I see a few of you around on the forums occasionally - and yes, I too have noticed the resurrection of the our favorite poster :facepalm:

Still he's entertaining in a car-crash kind of way.

Good luck with the book Fab, nice to see you too Shadav *waves*

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Congratulations on 2 years Ocey, and it's good to see a few familiar names posting here as well. I see a few of you around on the forums occasionally - and yes, I too have noticed the resurrection of the our favorite poster :facepalm:

Still he's entertaining in a car-crash kind of way.

Good luck with the book Fab, nice to see you too Shadav *waves*

I was thinking of you too.

"I REJECT YOUR PREMISE - and substitute my own alternate reality - thus proving that the hypotenuse is vertically opposite - even for hotdogs.

Is that anecdotal or did I just make it probative?"

Brilliant!

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I was thinking of you too.

"I REJECT YOUR PREMISE - and substitute my own alternate reality - thus proving that the hypotenuse is vertically opposite - even for hotdogs.

Is that anecdotal or did I just make it probative?"

Brilliant!

:laugh: I forgot about that thread. I just read it back again - absolutely hilarious. Zingers from all sides and yet they still came back for more.

Oh and I have Ricardo Olvera - Dialogos in my wallpaper rotation on my desktop, so thanks for introducing me to him as well

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
*waves* hiya :)
sorry just a fly by, gotta be getting ready for work....just got back from unloading my oldest at her new school (my 7th grader :blush: )...had to find her locker and unload supplies then find her first class
10613018_10152648570720970_7462155677663269832_n.jpg

she was doing well until we got into the school...then her confidence started fading and her anxiety started kicking in.....and in the excitement of last night we can't remember if she took her meds...
and then got back home in time to put my little one on the bus for the first time :cries: my baby's going to kindergarten....
10576980_10152648586240970_3090058357925897642_n.jpg

i'm a bit nervous for both of them....hate that I won't be home when they get home today :( have to work til 6pm.....
anyways see ya'll later

and lmfao@the dr....ug, didn't think they'd be back or if so mellow out....guess some people just won't learn.....

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
:vapor:

Still Vaping! Writing a book on it, who'da thunk?

wow really? neat. Best of luck!

Well for me....my baby TECs died, it became decapitated after being dropped/knocked over a few too many times....might be able to fix it, just gotta get special conductive glue....

I got an mvp v2 in june for my 1 year aniv :) am really quite impressed with it for being a built in battery it does everything my TECs did and the battery lasts just as long, if not longer ( a good two to three days) and being a passthrough battery is nice...though it is boxy in style it's bout half the size of the TEC and half the weight :D

gave up on vivi novas (pieces of crap), had a love hate with protank styles, they kept leaking....tried carto's, meh....it was good for a minute, need better carts :lol:
:wub: eternity dripper :wub: there's no going back after the et :) and it's dripping made easy and coil making made so easy but then when I can buy 50 pre made coils for dirt cheap from ft :laugh: why should I make my own....
and finally almost tried all the juice that I had bought a year ago (my big box of goodies) :D

current favorite vender madtown vapor :wub: spot on flavor

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Precious kids Shadav - hope your 7th grader found some new friends and your youngest made it through the day with a smile.

It was a long time ago that I put my youngest on the bus for the first time, but I remember the feeling. Both wonderful and downright scary in one.

Wishing you and your family all the best.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
While I shall always be ProVarinati (The Blessed One is still my primary device) to celebrate my one year tobacco-free I entered the world of bottom-feeders and now for my second year I am testing the waters of tube mechanicals. I just got the tracking number for this beauty:

Gus2_zps54852c9b.jpg

Any recommendations for an easy to build brass topper?

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Moon, PA, USA
Hello to you! I hope all is well in the kingdom. I stop by here sometimes, but no one is ever about. The ProVari form was shut down in the reorganization, so we commandeered the ProVape forum. They have been quite accommodating - not really surprising since we have more than doubled the amount of traffic to their forum from all of the proceeding years put together. Lol! You have to stop by and I'll reintroduce you, since there's quite a few new members....and, of course, we have lost other. People come and go, but I still miss them.
Hello again!! I hope all is well in your realm, Kitty! Our kingdom here has been thriving, thanks for asking.

:wub: Pancake :wub: and I just celebrated one year of being together in Pittsburgh this week, Yay!! It's been two weeks since I got my BiPAP machine for my sleep apnea and what an "awakening" it has been for me! It's been an adjustment wearing a mask with hose to bed, but I am waking up feeling much more rested and alert these days except I feel super achy like a case of the flu, but it isn't. I kinda feel like I've been sleeping beauty all my life and Slipper's kiss has been awakening me! Thank goodness Lord Pancake found me!! hehe Okay, yep :D

16 months, cig free, yay me!! :D I mostly use my ProVari as my primary device and a couple of my Vamoes with one Hypertank and various Kanger Protank versions for toppers and Heather's Heavenly Vapes for my ejuice so not much has changed for me vape wise.

:vapor:

Still Vaping! Writing a book on it, who'da thunk?

Lighthorse menthol on a Vamo V5 & protank 2
For work, an Innokin V3 and a mini protank 3

I'm back up to 20mg/ml :blink:
Yay Fab!! I'd a thunk you'd write a book on vaping, that's who!! Yay for good ol Vamo usage! I love my provari, but sometimes it's just so effortless and nice to be able to adjust and check settings with the 3 buttons on the Vamoes as opposed to the one button on the ProVari.

Hey folks :)
*cries* everyone wooshed to all corners of ecf....I migrated over to the lurkers thread lol

no worries on adding new members, I think we can pretty much trust each others judgement....
thinking to see if some of the lurkers want to join as well, so the next time ecf goes down we all have a meeting place since half of us are on fb and the other half aren't....
btw for those here who are interested :lol: https://www.facebook.com/shadav
Hello Shadav sweetie!! Fb request sent! Glad to hear our secret base is still kicking, thank you for that :2cool:

Oh my Cat!!! lol You've outdone yourself again!! Lemme give you a big congratulatory (((Hugs))) !! Well done Ocey!! :D
congrats-182_zps462c5966.gif

1611246f4h7mop2ma_zps9d2002aa.gif

Congratulations!

16 months tobacco free for me.
Awesome, way to go Fab!!

congrats-182_zps462c5966.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread