Not open for further replies.

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Orange, California, United States
kittyhug2.gif

Why don't you wrap your thingy while half watching mod Envy?

I'd wrap mine, but that gets awkward after a little while...

Sent via the guys that made Star Trek low tech.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
Honey, I was rotten long before I met you guys! Let me know if you would like some private coiling lessons!

apparently i should just hand over all of my rba's and my vaper's card...i can't even get the mesh small enough and my fingers are killing me (and YES i oxidized it)

the lag is killing me....as well as "the voice" that keeps saying refresh (or anything really)....600 ppl can't have crappy internet connections....

Wizzlefits

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Ohio
www.rdc3.com
Glad ya'll liked it. It took me 1/2 hour before I could post here. :)

Tiny grates on my nerves. I'll leave it at that.

Hottie, you're killing me. ;) PM me your address & I'll send you some pre made wicks & coils. (coils will be installed on wicks) I also need to know what type of mod you're using, mechanical or VV/VW or both.
Nooo I wont send you a sub ohm coil.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
Glad ya'll liked it. It took me 1/2 hour before I could post here. :)

Tiny grates on my nerves. I'll leave it at that.

Hottie, you're killing me. ;) PM me your address & I'll send you some pre made wicks & coils. (coils will be installed on wicks) I also need to know what type of mod you're using, mechanical or VV/VW or both.
Nooo I wont send you a sub ohm coil.

it's killing ME....how could anyone be this much of an idiot at rebuilding? such a FAIL!
i mean i have worked on and modified motorcycles (and the japanese use every speck of space), circuit boards, built computers, been an admin for a few MAJOR companies with huge data centers with small components, rewired outlets, replaced plumbing, sweated copper, HAIR (that is much smaller than a bleeping wick and wire), stuff i am sure i am not remembering.... and this piece of mesh has been worked so hard it should be the size of a split atom and it doesn't damn fit?
i do NOT like to give up or just have someone else do it for me
it does NOT make sense....
step 1-whatever....how could it not work?
that is like someone being a dummy at breathing...the steps are THERE...breath in...breath out.....follow them...success

yes i am having a virtual temper tantrum at this moment

p.s. i think it is totally ridiculous that idiot and dummy are not censored but more on is....

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
it's killing ME....how could anyone be this much of an idiot at rebuilding? such a FAIL!
i mean i have worked on and modified motorcycles (and the japanese use every speck of space), circuit boards, built computers, been an admin for a few MAJOR companies with huge data centers with small components, rewired outlets, replaced plumbing, sweated copper, HAIR (that is much smaller than a bleeping wick and wire), stuff i am sure i am not remembering.... and this piece of mesh has been worked so hard it should be the size of a split atom and it doesn't damn fit?
i do NOT like to give up or just have someone else do it for me
it does NOT make sense....
step 1-whatever....how could it not work?
that is like someone being a dummy at breathing...the steps are THERE...breath in...breath out.....follow them...success

yes i am having a virtual temper tantrum at this moment

p.s. i think it is totally ridiculous that idiot and dummy are not censored but more on is....

Hotty, it's okay honey. You're not a failure. Take a deep breath. Get some rest, it'll still be there tomorrow. I'm sending you positive thoughts.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
Hotty, it's okay honey. You're not a failure. Take a deep breath. Get some rest, it'll still be there tomorrow. I'm sending you positive thoughts.

i am just really frustrated....i feel like "it's so easy even a caveman can do it" but *I* can't?
i mean the steps are there...i am following said steps...and i haven't even gotten to the hot spots portion of our program LOL

anybody wanna buy some mesh and 3 rba's? LMAO

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
Take a break hottie, sometimes when something frustrate a person to no end, leaving it alone and approaching it later helps. It has helped me at times. And I don't think anyone here thinks your an idiot, we like you.

i just feel like one that something so simple...isn't for me LOL

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I followed ehumans advise in his blog. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ly-opportunities-hone-your-skills-part-1.html Not sure what size of mesh you are starting with, he recommends 1.5 x 3 inches. That is for a solid wick. Sometimes you can roll the wick between you fingers after it is rolled to make it smaller, just make sure to roll it in the same direction that you originally rolled it or you will make it bigger.

You could always use a smaller piece of mesh, or if you get really mad, drill out the wick hole.

Last edited:

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
i just feel like one that something so simple...isn't for me LOL

If it was simple, everybody would be doing it. Don't be so hard on yourself; I relied on the pre rolled wicks from Provape for months. I never found a tutorial on rolling your own wicks and I wasted a lot of material trying. It's a learning process, have patience with yourself.

Wizzlefits

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Ohio
www.rdc3.com
This isn't going to sound right.. just fair warning! ;P
If the wick is too big to fit the hole, just unroll it and cut it down a little. That is AFTER you have your morning coffee! ;) Take a break & get some rest.

I've made wicks that were a single roll, which made a straw and they work fine. Actually even better than solid wicks sometimes.
Now you want to talk fail? Today I worked up 6 coil dripper. Yes 6 micro coils that took me a good 2 hours to get installed perfectly with no hot spots. I was sooo happy with them.
Then I put the top cap on, loaded it with juice and instantly popped every single coil. Not going to try for 6 coils again anytime soon.

Oh, and I didn't mean to offend you or imply you can't rebuild. Was just thinking that if you had a few pre built coils you could tear them apart & compare. That's how learned anyway. ;)

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
This isn't going to sound right.. just fair warning! ;P
If the wick is too big to fit the hole, just unroll it and cut it down a little. That is AFTER you have your morning coffee! ;) Take a break & get some rest.

I've made wicks that were a single roll, which made a straw and they work fine. Actually even better than solid wicks sometimes.
Now you want to talk fail? Today I worked up 6 coil dripper. Yes 6 micro coils that took me a good 2 hours to get installed perfectly with no hot spots. I was sooo happy with them.
Then I put the top cap on, loaded it with juice and instantly popped every single coil. Not going to try for 6 coils again anytime soon.

Oh, and I didn't mean to offend you or imply you can't rebuild. Was just thinking that if you had a few pre built coils you could tear them apart & compare. That's how learned anyway. ;)

I think on wick size we agree, less material, we just came at it from different angles, I like your idea of just unrolling it and trimming it down.

Wizzlefits

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Ohio
www.rdc3.com
If it was simple, everybody would be doing it. Don't be so hard on yourself; I relied on the pre rolled wicks from Provape for months. I never found a tutorial on rolling your own wicks and I wasted a lot of material trying. It's a learning process, have patience with yourself.

THAT is SUCH and understatement!! :)
Rebuilding "looks" so ridiculously simple that a caveman could do it.
Funny thing is, the very first coil I built worked perfectly. The 2nd to about the 40th... complete fail.

Rebuilding is an art that has many hidden treasures. And when you get it "right", those treasures are bloody amazing! :vapor:

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
holy heck i think i got it!

i was following ehuman's blog on rolling the mesh...
i used zak's 7/64th drill bit advice for the coil...

i prob ended up cutting it down by a good 1/4-1/2" and oxidized the crud out of it and rolled and rolled and rolled..and oxidized...and pulsed and moved and pulsed and moved and all 4 coils are lit...4 squares of wasted mesh and callouses/tantrums later and i am not even going to try it tonight.....better taste like heaven when i do

i got in on a group buy for an ohm checker...good thing too since my vamo is skitzophrenic...it just said that a 4 wrap 28g was 4.0ohm...provari said 1.0...back on vamo and it says 1.8

thank you for letting me whine and throw tantrums and being supportive! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread