Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Why haven't you been afflicted by holier-than-thou syndrome complete with the overwhelming urge to preach the evil of the vice you once cherished?

It probably because I believe in that whole "Judge not lest ye be judged" So I don't do holier than thou, just Opinionated #*@#!.

Hahaha..

Last edited:

Ohm My God

Dec 5, 2018
Gosh, looks like we have a reformed vaper in our midst. One who reminds me of some of the reformed smokers I've known in the past. :yawn:

As another decades-long smoker who switched to vaping over 5 years ago, yes, that's the lifestyle I want, because I enjoy it, just like I enjoyed smoking. The only part of smoking I didn't enjoy anymore were the side effects, which were starting to take a toll on me. Switching to vaping has fixed that.

Money doesn't merit consideration because the cost of my DIY liquid supplies runs somewhere between $50 and $60 per year.
If that's the lifestyle you want, go ahead. It's not the lifestyle I want. So again, to each their own? Lol.
I must say I don't share your views on nicotine. I don't believe it's all that addictive, and certainly not as harmful as you suggest.
It can be harmful in some ways, and nicotine is highly addictive.
I promise that if I ever quit vaping I will stay on teh forumz and casually drop it in to as many threadz as possible.
You'll be on the forums regardless trolling people because you have no friends.
If I quit vaping I'll come back and yell at you all for being degenerate addicts.
Once burned, twice learned.
Wait, I'm confused. According to your other posts you vaped using a dripper on an unregulated box mod at 6mg and were looking for salts at 5mg to 6mg strength and was given sources for it. So when did you use a JUUL and why would you switch to one from a dripper and mech mod? Also based on these other threads, you know that all Salts liquids are not at "JUUL strength", they do come much much lower, but now you are saying they are and that all should be avoided. I guess I am just not following the story gaps and logic leaps.

Anyway, congrats on quitting completely. I am sure it must be a relief to be done with that chapter of addiction in your life. As for me, I plan on consuming nicotine in some form until I die. I mean with the research showing how it can help prevent Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, why not take a little preventative "medicine". If I am going to live longer by not smoking, I'd like to keep my mind during that extended life.

That's old material I made when I was still vaping and consuming nicotine. I gave it all up and wanted to start a new lifestyle. Hope this helps.

• Disagree
Reactions: puffon

Ohm My God

Dec 5, 2018
Nicotine is about as addictive as caffeine, both of which I see no issue in consuming, in moderation.

There’s no difference in the end result of vaping salts vs freebase. I do both, at various levels, and have not become more dependent, depressed, anxious, or otherwise unhealthy.

You make a blanket statement, and one size, when it comes to smoking cessation, does not ever fit all.

The vast majority of ex-smokers here are not 20-something’s who’ve puffed 2-3 lights for 18 months, then go nuts with a Juul until they really rack up an addiction. Sure that happens. But for most, we could hardly get more nic regardless of vape or juice than we used to consume via Camel Wides.

Sorry if I sound like a cranky old lady, but you sound like an arrogant and know-it-all kid. Nobody should use Juul why? Because you couldn’t handle it?

Please.

And get off my lawn.
Jesus, calm down ya old bat! (kidding)
You're right, most ex-smokers aren't people who are 20 something racking up an addiction on a Juul. However, most teenagers are. Most high schoolers are getting into the trend of Juuling and it's a serious problem (I'm hoping you could agree.) This post was to share my experiences and progress, not to upset the army of nicotine defenders. I might have to go to nicotine jail for running from it, I'm such a threat to everyone!!!! :(

LOL

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
You're right, most ex-smokers aren't people who are 20 something racking up an addiction on a Juul. However, most teenagers are. Most high schoolers are getting into the trend of Juuling and it's a serious problem (I'm hoping you could agree.) This post was to share my experiences and progress, not to upset the army of nicotine defenders. I might have to go to nicotine jail for running from it, I'm such a threat to everyone!!!! :(

LOL

The problem is your preaching to a bunch of people between the ages of 30-65 as if we were all teenagers.

Heck my son is 34.. and your here preaching at people like myself as if we were children.

I don't use nicotine because in vaping nicotine is a choice.. but you never even vaped long enough to realize you don't have to use nicotine if you don't want to.

You haven't read articles on the benefits of nicotine for memory loss, Parkinson's disease and more - problems many people on this forum have due to advancing age.

I don't use nicotine for specific reasons, but my reasons aren't everyone's.

My son will always use nicotine because he is ADHD and nicotine helps him and allows him to function with fewer pharmaceuticals.. (yea!)

Don't preach at people, learn to understand them and their reasons, pay attention to your surroundings, and you might avoid such situations as this where you are treating people 3 times your age and far more experienced with vaping than you as if they were children who didnt have a clue what they were doing when it's the reverse that is the truth.

You should be apologizing to people here for your behavior and how your treating them, not pretend to be some kind of victim because you had a different view, because that's NOT what happened here.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Dear oh dear Ohm My God...

It can be harmful in some ways, and nicotine is highly addictive.

Proof, please?

In case your research hasn't taken you here...

You'll be on the forums regardless trolling people because you have no friends.

Ummm..... WHAT?????

Really?

Sorry but that Report button is tantalizing. No, I haven't. Yet.

Seriously, perhaps the ECF is not for you.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
For irresolute types, the perennial way of summoning the gumption to quit a dependency is to engage in mental gymnastics. If one can sufficiently Demonize the substance in question, it is possible to cast oneself as the Victim, who then Heroically stands up to and Wards off the Evil Aggressor, emerging as the Victor. While this story forms an immensely gratifying internal narrative, and can be effective, it has the unfortunate side-effect of making one a bit of a Zealot.

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
I don't intend to quit vaping myself. Apart from the fact that I like it I've heard that nicotine can be helpful at keeping Alzheimer's at bay. I've got that in my family tree.

+1.

Grandma had Alzheimer's. Grandpa had Dementia.

Hard pass on either of those.

If your goal is to eventually quit vaping and quit nicotine altogether at some point in your life, then let me give you a quick tip. DON'T PICK UP A JUUL AND STAY AWAY FROM NICOTINE SALTS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. This is literally so important if your goal is to eventually get off of nicotine at some point. During my vaping era, I found that nicotine salts, Juuls, etc were the worst products to consume if you're looking to eventually quit nicotine because of how much the dosage these products have per hit/serving. Once you start consuming these high nicotine salt products, you will adapt and build such a strong and strict tolerance for it, and you will eventually want more and more and up your dosage consumptions. Oh, and I can confirm this because I went through this entire process, however, everyone's body is different so I can't really speak for everyone's situation.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some people out there that 100 mg Nic salts does nothing for them so they've graduated to Salt enemas.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I wouldn't be surprised if there are some people out there that 100 mg Nic salts does nothing for them so they've graduated to Salt enemas.

I don't know about enemas but I did read about one guy that injected his eliquid directly into his veins. It was ruled a suicide.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Cleaning up

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    You just called my friend an old bat. Good thing im not in the same room with you or i'd smack you down just for that. Who the hell do you think you are anyway? A disrespectful little punk full of self importance is what you are. Even though you said just kidding, i think you should publicly apologize to @DeloresRose, the sooner the better, and then you should probably go crawl back under whatever rock you came from.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    For irresolute types, the perennial way of summoning the gumption to quit a dependency is to engage in mental gymnastics. If one can sufficiently Demonize the substance in question, it is possible to cast oneself as the Victim, who then Heroically stands up to and Wards off the Evil Aggressor, emerging as the Victor. While this story forms an immensely gratifying internal narrative, and can be effective, it has the unfortunate side-effect of making one a bit of a Zealot.
    This of course explains the mentality of the "reformed smokers" I alluded to earlier in this thread. :)

I had no use for people like that when I was a smoker, nor do I have any use for "reformed vapers". Now there are a number of people here who've quit vaping, or who've cut the nic in their vapes all the way down to zero. That's fine, I can respect that, provided they don't go around insistently telling others that they "should" do the same, and most of them don't.

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
    May 12, 2009
    I smoked a pack to a pack and a half a day for 40 years. At the beginning of this year, I decided to vape instead. For the first week, I had no nicotine to add to my juice (was waiting for delivery), so I vaped 0mg VG juice. I suffered no "withdrawal" symptoms, cravings, or irritability. I did not "feel" any different without nicotine.

I'm currently mixing/vaping 6mg VG juice - and I don't see any compelling reasons not to continue doing so.

I smoked because I WANTED to smoke. I vape because I WANT to vape.
    Telling people how they "should" think, act, or behave is abhorrent to me... which is why I don't.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread