The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I Quit Vaping

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Ohm My God, Apr 15, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Why haven't you been afflicted by holier-than-thou syndrome complete with the overwhelming urge to preach the evil of the vice you once cherished?

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    It probably because I believe in that whole "Judge not lest ye be judged" So I don't do holier than thou, just Opinionated #*@#!.

Hahaha..

• Funny x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Love x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  3. Ohm My God

Ohm My God Full Member

Dec 5, 2018
    If that's the lifestyle you want, go ahead. It's not the lifestyle I want. So again, to each their own? Lol.
    It can be harmful in some ways, and nicotine is highly addictive.
    You'll be on the forums regardless trolling people because you have no friends.
    Once burned, twice learned.
    That's old material I made when I was still vaping and consuming nicotine. I gave it all up and wanted to start a new lifestyle. Hope this helps.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Ohm My God

Ohm My God Full Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Jesus, calm down ya old bat! (kidding)
    You're right, most ex-smokers aren't people who are 20 something racking up an addiction on a Juul. However, most teenagers are. Most high schoolers are getting into the trend of Juuling and it's a serious problem (I'm hoping you could agree.) This post was to share my experiences and progress, not to upset the army of nicotine defenders. I might have to go to nicotine jail for running from it, I'm such a threat to everyone!!!! :(

LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    The problem is your preaching to a bunch of people between the ages of 30-65 as if we were all teenagers.

Heck my son is 34.. and your here preaching at people like myself as if we were children.

I don't use nicotine because in vaping nicotine is a choice.. but you never even vaped long enough to realize you don't have to use nicotine if you don't want to.

You haven't read articles on the benefits of nicotine for memory loss, Parkinson's disease and more - problems many people on this forum have due to advancing age.

I don't use nicotine for specific reasons, but my reasons aren't everyone's.

My son will always use nicotine because he is ADHD and nicotine helps him and allows him to function with fewer pharmaceuticals.. (yea!)

Don't preach at people, learn to understand them and their reasons, pay attention to your surroundings, and you might avoid such situations as this where you are treating people 3 times your age and far more experienced with vaping than you as if they were children who didnt have a clue what they were doing when it's the reverse that is the truth.

You should be apologizing to people here for your behavior and how your treating them, not pretend to be some kind of victim because you had a different view, because that's NOT what happened here.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Love Love x 3
  6. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinged mods and poli-TIX ready! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Dear oh dear Ohm My God...

Proof, please?

In case your research hasn't taken you here...

Ummm..... WHAT?????

Really?

Sorry but that Report button is tantalizing. No, I haven't. Yet.

Seriously, perhaps the ECF is not for you.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
  7. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I was asking when in you used JUUL was it before those posts or after?

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    For irresolute types, the perennial way of summoning the gumption to quit a dependency is to engage in mental gymnastics. If one can sufficiently Demonize the substance in question, it is possible to cast oneself as the Victim, who then Heroically stands up to and Wards off the Evil Aggressor, emerging as the Victor. While this story forms an immensely gratifying internal narrative, and can be effective, it has the unfortunate side-effect of making one a bit of a Zealot.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Love x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  10. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    maybe I should do the nic salts cuz the 50mg/ml "normal" juice isnt working ... :)

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    come to think about it.... if nic was/is so addictive, then why didnt I get hooked on the patches, gums, pills etc when vaping wasnt around?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Morgan_Drury

Morgan_Drury Senior Member

Dec 5, 2018
    +1.

Grandma had Alzheimer's. Grandpa had Dementia.

Hard pass on either of those.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some people out there that 100 mg Nic salts does nothing for them so they've graduated to Salt enemas.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I don't know about enemas but I did read about one guy that injected his eliquid directly into his veins. It was ruled a suicide.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Daniel Forsyth
    This message by Daniel Forsyth has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Apr 17, 2019, Reason: Cleaning up.
    Apr 16, 2019
  15. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    You just called my friend an old bat. Good thing im not in the same room with you or i'd smack you down just for that. Who the hell do you think you are anyway? A disrespectful little punk full of self importance is what you are. Even though you said just kidding, i think you should publicly apologize to @DeloresRose, the sooner the better, and then you should probably go crawl back under whatever rock you came from.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  16. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I have never heard a sentence with the word "reform" in it go anywhere good. I mean.... Reform school, reform political party, etc.

So I will just say WOW congrats, born again ex vaper!

Oh.... Wait.... LOL.

Anna

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. SP013

SP013 Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Congratulations on beating this very hard challenge to stop smoking AND vaping AND nicotine intake! Lots of respect!

but the way you bring it can be done a little lighter, you know what I'm saying?

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    This of course explains the mentality of the "reformed smokers" I alluded to earlier in this thread. :)

I had no use for people like that when I was a smoker, nor do I have any use for "reformed vapers". Now there are a number of people here who've quit vaping, or who've cut the nic in their vapes all the way down to zero. That's fine, I can respect that, provided they don't go around insistently telling others that they "should" do the same, and most of them don't.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. ThrashNeon

ThrashNeon Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2009
    I smoked a pack to a pack and a half a day for 40 years. At the beginning of this year, I decided to vape instead. For the first week, I had no nicotine to add to my juice (was waiting for delivery), so I vaped 0mg VG juice. I suffered no "withdrawal" symptoms, cravings, or irritability. I did not "feel" any different without nicotine.

I'm currently mixing/vaping 6mg VG juice - and I don't see any compelling reasons not to continue doing so.

I smoked because I WANTED to smoke. I vape because I WANT to vape.
    Telling people how they "should" think, act, or behave is abhorrent to me... which is why I don't.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  20. ThrashNeon

ThrashNeon Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2009
    lol. Didn't see this as I was posting. Great post.

• Like Like x 5
  21. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Australia?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.