I refuse to buy clones or fakes. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
i would LOVE to be able to buy the originals...
but heres the thing
i live in a country where for example the tax on:
a car is 180%
a motorcycle is 280%
my paycheck is AT LEAST 40% (depending on how much you earn it can rise all the way to 60%)

and living expenses are high priced as well

day care for my daughter is right about 1200$ a month
1 liter of gas for my car is right above 2$ when its REALLY cheap and ofc not premium
the cheapest burger at the golden seagull is about 2$ and is smaller than a fist

now... do you seriously think that i can afford to go buy a provari that costs right under 400$ or the cobra rba clocking in at right below 200$ as the cheapest i could find where tax wouldn't make it 25%+30$ more expensive just for crossing the boarder?

or do you think imma go grab the first identical clone that i can find that costs less than 1/4th?

if an asian man can make a luxury item 90% cheaper and 100% identical to the original i call it a crime to sell the original...

So we accuse the inventors and original thinkers celebrate someone who copys clones and fakes then blame the gooberment for taxing us to much?

Sorry I just dont agree with this logic while I do see the point you are poorly trying to make I think the ultimate villein is the gooberment and they should be the target of your frustration not the guy trying to make a good product.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
So we accuse the inventors and original thinkers celebrate someone who copys clones and fakes then blame the gooberment for taxing us to much?

Sorry I just dont agree with this logic while I do see the point you are poorly trying to make I think the ultimate villein is the gooberment and they should be the target of your frustration not the guy trying to make a good product.

i see what you mean.
but just because you make a good product, why do you have to sell it overpriced?
and trust me i do blame the gov for trying to tax everything (dog they even made tax for a bag of chips or any other food with a certain fat% at one point)
but i do hate overpriced items with a passion... why does a B&O tv cost 10,000$ if a 1,000$ Sony of the same size can out perform it?

dw'struth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
London, KY
Or, you could buy a Vamo, or something else in your budget.

Did that "asian man" spend the money and invest his time to develop something, go through the R&D process and foot the money for the first units produced? No. THAT is why he can afford to sell them much cheaper. THIS is the whole point of this thread.

It's his choice. If he chooses a Vamo......
A few different people have said several times in this thread, "don't buy the quality clones with your money, but buy some other crap you can afford as long as it's "original"."

I should vape with inferior gear because of your imagined morals?

Last edited:

ADDICT3101

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
Lakewood,colorado
I can't afford to buy out right a high end mod. I like to build tinker blah blah blah. A good friend of mine used his GP Paps for like a month. Thing started to fire on its own. He went back to provari. My sigelei 8 with my IGO-L vapes just as good if not better IMHO. You get what you want as long as it works for you. Bash my hardware all you want. I'll put a cloud up against whatever. That's the bottom line for me.

dw'struth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
London, KY
It's his choice. If he chooses a Vamo......
A few different people have said several times in this thread, "don't buy the quality clones with your money, but buy some other crap you can afford as long as it's "original"."

I should vape with inferior gear because of your imagined morals?

By the way, I don't mean your morals are imaginary. I'm sure you are an upstanding citizen. What that meant was it is your opinion, from what I read, that the clones are immoral.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
i see what you mean.
but just because you make a good product, why do you have to sell it overpriced?
and trust me i do blame the gov for trying to tax everything (dog they even made tax for a bag of chips or any other food with a certain fat% at one point)
but i do hate overpriced items with a passion... why does a B&O tv cost 10,000$ if a 1,000$ Sony of the same size can out perform it?

We get back to gooberment when we get more taxes we also tend to get more regulation the more the gooberment interferes the worse it gets!

I have a Sharp TV while the Screen is made in Vietnam its mostly assembled in the USA and it has a better picture than a Sony for about the same price.

So companys can compete I guess I dont personally think its my place to set someone elses price. I just don't have to pay it If I think its to high.

I just don't agree with copying someones product. I have some highend stuff and some average stuff, but I dont have to support copying to get quality there are enough decent Modders out there who sell quality at a good price. I dont think all stuff from China is bad I dont think all stuff made in USA is the best I just tend to seek out quality and inovation no matter where it comes from.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
Remember, we're talking about metal tube battery holders with top caps and buttons.....lol....:p
exactly, its not like the research do develope those things ends up costing millions of dollars nor does the materials required to produce them.

i'm gonna start developing my own mods in a near future, and i expect the "research costs" are gonna cost about the same as a kg of coffee since thats what i'll be drinking alot of while doing the research.
i'm not gonna count in the costs of my computer, table, chair, home, cups, water, filters, sweetener, milk, library trips, grocerys or toilet paper eventho all of those things AND MORE will be used while researching

the actual cost of materials will be made up for in the price once i got something i can sell but no more... (except the coffee of course!)

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
Couldn't resist throwing in my mostly made in USA TV ;-)

B&O is made right here in denmark (mostly) but sony is made... well you know where... so that should be more expensive after taxes if that was the problem...
but there the problem is mostly just brand, the scrap value of the tv is no more than the one of a sony, philips, panasonic of whatever people have

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
exactly, its not like the research do develope those things ends up costing millions of dollars nor does the materials required to produce them.

i'm gonna start developing my own mods in a near future, and i expect the "research costs" are gonna cost about the same as a kg of coffee since thats what i'll be drinking alot of while doing the research.
i'm not gonna count in the costs of my computer, table, chair, home, cups, water, filters, sweetener, milk, library trips, grocerys or toilet paper eventho all of those things AND MORE will be used while researching

the actual cost of materials will be made up for in the price once i got something i can sell but no more... (except the coffee of course!)
Im betting its about 5000 conservative est to R&D build a few prototypes and make your first 100 mods thats if you have a machine shop that will make you 100 most wont touch anything under 300 then you still have to do all of the details and QC your self. I think on a 200$ mod after labor and materials consumables ect.... The modder makes tops 50$

fuadali9

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2011
xxxxx

While researching, E-juice and then, Food, Electricity bills, House mortage/Rent, Salary per hour, Services (Internet, Cable)

Living as researcher isn`t free and must be paid

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
B&O is made right here in denmark (mostly) but sony is made... well you know where... so that should be more expensive after taxes if that was the problem...
but there the problem is mostly just brand, the scrap value of the tv is no more than the one of a sony, philips, panasonic of whatever people have

I just checked em out they are some very nice TVs but way outa my price range! 1000$ Per square inch! I hope they sell a million of them but not to me;-)

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
I think this has been lost here.

Perhaps...but a good example of why I cant always buy the China product, like Innokin, from a US vendor is when FT sells a SVD for 37 bucks and the local B&M, right now, today, is selling it for 90 bucks, they can kiss my loyalty goodbye...I mean, cmon...I understand that they have costs that drive their prices up, but at least try to be a least somewhat competitive...I will support our own as long as it doesn't amount to an outright fleecing...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread