Status
Not open for further replies.

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
Probably not a typo 5000 euros ($7089.18USD) for 5 kilometers (3.1068 miles or 16,404 ft). Thats 0.30 euro/ft ($0.43/ft USD). Sounds about right and a fair price and it includes Customs (VAT).

Not sure which VAT rate is used here but here is the info:
The new standard V.A.T. rate is 23% compared to the previous 21% rate
Starting January 1, 2011 the reduced Greek V.A.T. rate increased by two per cent to 13%,replacing the previous 11% rate.
The super reduced V.A.T. rate increased by one per cent, from the previous 5.5% rate to 6.5%.

I did not do it with a calculator, this is 100% accurate.

zuTma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Croatia, Zagreb
Finally I made a coil with mesh! Yeaaaaa!
I was nearly ready to give up but thank god I didn't, couse it is yum yum :)
It is 1.6 ohm and lots of vapor with great taste.
I didn't mod anything on iatty and most trouble I had with fitting the mesh with coil in ceramic...
I hope next time it will be easier :D
Now I'm going to vape my self into oblivion :vapor::vapor::vapor:

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
Finally I made a coil with mesh! Yeaaaaa!
I was nearly ready to give up but thank god I didn't, couse it is yum yum :)
It is 1.6 ohm and lots of vapor with great taste.
I didn't mod anything on iatty and most trouble I had with fitting the mesh with coil in ceramic...
I hope next time it will be easier :D
Now I'm going to vape my self into oblivion :vapor::vapor::vapor:

Congrats!!! Now you see what I have been talking about all this time.

To make fitting the mesh wick easier get a diamond precision file set, they are usually quite inexpensive, and enlarge the slot enough to get it to fit in easily. The diamond files eat right through the ceramic with no problem at all. Don't even bother to try with a steel file. The ceramic is much harder than the steel and you will only make black marks on the ceramic. Almost no material will be removed.

zuTma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Croatia, Zagreb
Yesterday my friend give me a few puffs from his genesis(just like in your sig) and that is all I need to try :)
I love the taste and you can't even compare it with fiber. But I get much more vapor :D Probably couse 1.6 coil...
Ok. Thanks on tip with diamond file, I have steel one but ain't gonna try with it now :)

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
Thank u M8!! Now i just need a good SS Mesh LOL

No worries. If you want to give it a go I'll help as much as I can. I use only SS mesh now because it lasts pretty much forever, it tastes amazing and can be cleaned with a torch (once removed from the iAtty of course) to like new time after time. It's about as close to everlasting as a wick can be and once you get the hang of it you can clean and re-coil it in less than 10 minutes from crudded up coil to vaping again.

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
Yesterday my friend give me a few puffs from his genesis(just like in your sig) and that is all I need to try :)
I love the taste and you can't even compare it with fiber. But I get much more vapor :D Probably couse 1.6 coil...
Ok. Thanks on tip with diamond file, I have steel one but ain't gonna try with it now :)

I never tried with the steel file, but a friend of mine did. He said he worked at it for a good while with no results so I lent him the diamond file. Took him less than a minute to file the ceramic with it. I took a little longer, but I'm a perfectionist so I worked at it till both sides were exactly the same size and no sharp edges were left :)

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
I recommend it dspin I really do!
I was cursin for 2 days till I made it but I swear there is nothing like it.

That is true zuTuma. I have not heard of many people that get it right that do not really like it alot. There is a learning curve, but once you're there most people try to get SS mesh wicks to work in all of their mods - at least I know I do :)

zuTma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Croatia, Zagreb
I'm quite sure I find my sweet spot with mesh!
I vape on it for almost 24 hours and everything is completely perfect,
beautiful, thick and tasty vapor without burn taste, and every puff is the same! Everything I dream of:)
It could be just my beginners luck, but If I do it once I'm shure I can do it again ;)
Bad thing is that I still wait my mesh to arrive, I got small piece from a friend and I messed up the most of it :cry: but I have left for one more try though :D

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
I'm quite sure I find my sweet spot with mesh!
I vape on it for almost 24 hours and everything is completely perfect,
beautiful, thick and tasty vapor without burn taste, and every puff is the same! Everything I dream of:)
It could be just my beginners luck, but If I do it once I'm shure I can do it again ;)
Bad thing is that I still wait my mesh to arrive, I got small piece from a friend and I messed up the most of it :cry: but I have left for one more try though :D

Remember, the coils last longer with mesh as well. You should not have to change anything, just clean gently with a toothbrush and rinse with grain alchohol or vodka once a week or so (whenever the taste changes). When the coil pops, then pull the mesh, clean with a torch and wrap with a new coil :)

Any residue on the mesh will turn to ash and blow away with the heat from a butane torch, but the mesh will remain intact. It does not get hot in your hand either except the part that is in the flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread