Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
What a wonderful review from an old friend of mine!! Hi Scott, thanks a lot for this review and I wish I had send you sooner the Iatty but I just forgot. I am really sorry but my mind doesnt work any more exept on GG things :lol:
The only thing I disagree with your review is the way you connect the first wire between the neck of the upper plastic and the center pole. The way you did it, the wire goes on both of the 2 slots of the upper plastic and it will meet the second wire while you place it on the slot. You will have a short and you will not be able to understand what happened. So better to put the first wire around the neck of the upper plastic

Thanks again for this great review and I wish that your review for Odysseus will be so nice like this one. Just to inform you again that you have a lot of work to do with Odysseus, it will be the most timeeater review you have ever done!
Voila! :D

cheers

scott

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México

clavit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2008
EU
hi mate,
could you please post a pic / pics of how you have created and used the Iatty with a mesh wick? i would like to give it a try! :D
cheers
scott

Sorry Scott, no pics at the moment. I'll try and shoot a few pics next time i do a rebuild.
In the meantime, heres what i did:
-Roll and oxidize a piece of mesh the same length as the fiberglass wick.
-Non-resistance wire has been replaced by teflon coated silver wire (multistrand wire from way back, when i played with HiFi!)
The silver wire is mounted on the Iatty and runs through the slots up to the upper edge of the ceramic cup. Teflon insulaton has been removed from the top 2-3 mm (and also on the bottom where its mounted to the plastic pieces).
-resistance wire is wrapped around the top 3mm silver wire, around the mesh and finally around the second silver wire. Not very easy, but it gets worse:
-The trick is now to get the mesh into the slots, below the silver wire. The teflon-wire now isolates the mesh from the Iatty cone, thus preventing short-circuits.

At the moment, I'm waiting for teflon tubing from China. I'm hoping i can run the mesh wick through the teflon tube and still have it wick well enough. If that works, i can revert to the normal non-resistance wire and still prevent the mesh from shorting out on the Iatty cone.

Sure, it's a lot of faff, but i think its worth it. Fibreglass wicks tend to clog up in a few days with my liquids, whereas the mesh will work for at least a couple of weeks. One of my Iatties has been going for about six weeks and still works great, which for me makes it worth the hassle :)

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
hi mate,

could you please post a pic / pics of how you have created and used the Iatty with a mesh wick? i would like to give it a try! :D

cheers

scott

Here is a post with pics and write up on using ss mesh
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/183205-iatty-178.html#post3715664

oK, here it is again with pics on building the iAtty with a mesh wick. Hope this helps :)

Here's how I did it.

I took a 15mm x 50mm piece of mesh and rolled it till it fit in the CE2 ceramic cup and then oxidized the entire wick, not just the part the coil gets wrapped around.

lorderos33-albums-iatty-mesh-wick-picture46688-rolled-mesh-not-formed-oxidized.jpg

Once the oxidation is was done, I put it in a gutted CE2 to hold it steady while I made the tight bends. T make the bends, I took the butane torch I used to oxidize it, set it to high and focused the heat on one side of where it sticks out of the CE2. I heated it u til it gave to slight pressure then bent it to 45 degrees while still applying the heat from the torch. Do the same on both sides so you end up with a wick that looks like kind of like this \_/ (upside down though).

lorderos33-albums-iatty-mesh-wick-picture46689-mesh-wick-formed-oxidized.jpg

Make your wire like you normally would and wrap it around the center leg of the mesh.

Take 2 pieces Of the fiberglass wick just long enough to use to put between the mesh and the wire leads (you need this to seal up the channels where the wick goes to the liquid and to insulate the mesh from the leads).

Assemble the iAtty as you normally would, fill it with juice and hold on to your socks!

lorderos33-albums-iatty-mesh-wick-picture46686-iatty-finished-side.jpg

lorderos33-albums-iatty-mesh-wick-picture46685-iatty-finished-top.jpg

lorderos33-albums-iatty-mesh-wick-picture46687-resistance-provari.jpg

Remember, this setup kicks like nothing else I have ever tried. It does not burn the juice at all, but it produces extreme amounts of very strong vapor... The first hit made me choke

To those of you brave enough to do this, you have been warned. I promised I'd do the experiment and post the results. Use at your own risk and try it with lower level nic juice first. I cannot say it strongly enough...the iAtty hits VERY HARD like this.

Personally, I will most likely work on a hybrid mesh/wick combo next to try to tame this for every day use.

The pics were taken after a couple o days and 2 full tanks vaped through, no cleaning, just opened the iAtty and took pics ;). As you can see, it stays very clean. The vapor production is as good as the first day still, flavor is through the roof and TH is now manageable. I can hit after hit with no issues, but if I chain vape it, it's an almost instant head buzz and I have to fight back the coughs, lol, but no burnt taste at all. It's very nice. :)

You'll have to excuse the pics, they were taken with my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread