Status
Not open for further replies.

gredie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
GG, Austria
I looked in greece and they are sold out of upper part...

Have you looked today? I could press the order button currently...

Untitled.jpg

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Yep....

It's the only thing I use and love it.

Thanks... I actually did have a chance to use it on a couple of rebuildable atties. Didn't like the style of those atties so much but LOVED the xc-116! I don't mind the work involved in prepping it considering the end result...And someone saw my post on top of the page and offered to send me some... So now I have about 7 feet. I believe that should last for a while in the ODY.

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
This is a repost of the pics that were lost from the original post.

Here are the pictures of the process of making the iAtty wire with 32ga kanthal, .999 30ga fine silver NR wire and 1mm x 1mm Silver crimp tubes.

Bare wires:
lorderos33-albums-iatty-crimped-wire-picture70311-resistance-nr-wires.jpg

Wires and crimp tube - tiny aren't they?
lorderos33-albums-iatty-crimped-wire-picture70310-wiers-crimp-tubes.jpg

Here's a closer look. Don't hook the wires like this, they will be too big to fit in the crimp tubes if you can magine that :)
lorderos33-albums-iatty-crimped-wire-picture70309-ng-hooked-crimp-wires-straight.jpg

Here is what the finished wire looks like, the connections are quite small when finished - exactly what we are looking for.
lorderos33-albums-iatty-crimped-wire-picture70307-finished-wire-2.jpg

Here is the wire wrapped up on a fiberglass wick. The wire connections are holding very nicely.
lorderos33-albums-iatty-crimped-wire-picture70306-crimped-wire-around-rope-wick.jpg

And here is it all put together in the ceramic.
lorderos33-albums-iatty-crimped-wire-picture70304-crimped-wrapped-ceramic.jpg

This is a 1.5 ohm coil using 30ga .999 pure silver leads, 32ga kanthal and 1mm x 1mm silver crimp tubes to hold the wires together.

Now it's time for a :vapor: break ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread