The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Iatty

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. clavit

clavit Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2008
    EU
    Pictures are still here, post#149:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/208898-iatty-leak-question-15.html#post4600964

Mine have been virtually leak-free since applying the three extra o-rings :)

2. zober

zober Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Who can say what the size of the thread at the Top Plastic iAtty 1, both, thick and thin?

3. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
  4. Mac_206

Mac_206 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2011
    Seattle
  5. MikeK0416

MikeK0416 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Mount Dora FL
    I received an iAtty all set up for me. I have some basic questions. 1. how do I know when to build a new coil? 2. how long before I might need to do so? 3. where do I find out about oxidizing?

I watch Scott's vids for my GG, UFS, etc equipment and the iAtty too but have not been able to pinpoint the answers to to these fundamental questions.

tahnk you for your help.

6. Mosin_Sergei

Mosin_Sergei Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    Nizniy Novgorod Russia
    iatty.jpg

Photo braids 0.15 mm nichrome.
    It can be seen in the cup is removed is normal eight turns pigtails. Specifically pulled right twist Nikhil so it was obvious that nichrome should not be stripped beyond the cup, twist enters the home. ie used by all the turns involved in the evaporation of the liquid, and is blown from the bottom of the duct. Nichrome outside of the cup - the ballast.

7. Mosin_Sergei

Feb 17, 2012
    Nizniy Novgorod Russia
    The resistance should be less than 2.2 ohm.

8. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    1 When either the vapor production drops by quite a bit or when the flavor turns really bad.
    2 Varries by the juice you use how much you vape wicking materials and your tolerence for burnt taste. I use Tasty Vapour Caramel Waffle and it kills coils in 1-2 days vaping 10 ml a day. Sometimes a dry burn will revive other times it won't. I have heard people get weeks out of a wick and coil setup and there are others like me that pretty much need to change it every day.
    3 Oxidizing is only really required if you are going to use mesh. Unfortunatly I have never used it but in the past when I searches SS Mech it turned up a bunch of write ups on how to use it. You can also search youtube for "how to oxidize ss mesh" and it will probably work as well.

Good luck

9. MikeK0416

MikeK0416 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Mount Dora FL
    thanks guys for the info as it was a big help!

10. rwechsler

rwechsler Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    The best iAtty setup I've yet to try. Shouldn't have refilled my tank today, gotta get some pics of the mesh setup I'm running in mine. Wicks better than my Katana!

11. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    After my last unsuccessful try to make the Ody wickless, I am in a process to try again. I have ordered what I need. If this time works then we will be able to vape totally healthy

12. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    very nice work Rw. I wish that I will succeed this time with my new project about wick so you will never need to prepare anything like mesh and you will vape as healthy as you can

13. blackwater

blackwater Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2011
    NH
    OHHHHH Boy, I am so excited Imeo!!!!
    This is wickless for P&P or ODY or Both?

14. rwechsler

Nov 2, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm fascinated Imeo, but I can't imagine what you've come up with to achieve such a feat! The first thing that comes to mind is something like the AVA's ceramic wick/heating element, but idk how you'd make something like that a rebuildable...

15. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    The ceramic idea is about 6 months old and I tried once with a ceramic that had a "Π" design if you remember. Now after Mr Krinkle's method we can maybe make Ody and Penelope work with a ceramic that will fit exactly on the vertical cuts that the Ody's ceramic has. If it works then we will never need wick again.

I didnt know that ava made my idea true. Do they use ceramic as a heating element?

16. Mosin_Sergei

Feb 17, 2012
    Nizniy Novgorod Russia
    It will be great, Imeo

17. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    I don't believe it is. I may be wrong, as I haven't seen one dissected yet, but I think the ceramic is just a bridge/wick used as the juice reservoir in the atty with a normal coil underneath it. I haven't been able to get any good info on the actual construction of those AVAs

18. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Ah, I see kill, thanks for the info:)

19. rwechsler

Nov 2, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    That's probably correct kill, but whatever they use, it's nothing special. Imeo can and will do much better (and already has countless times)!

20. AdamAnd

AdamAnd Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Ajax, Canada
    if you could make ody wickless then I think that I would have the ultimate vape ever I don't understand how u will do it but good luck I hope u succeed for all of us I know the wick as safe as everyone says it is isn't that great for us anything is better then analogs but wickless I think even the FDA wouldn't be able to complain thanks adam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.