Status
Not open for further replies.

clavit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2008
EU
a lot of great info in this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/208898-iatty-leak-question.html

There was pictures on where to place a couple more o-rings to help out with leaking but the pictures aren't showing up anymore and I sold my iatty ages ago.

Good luck I hope everything turns out great.

Pictures are still here, post#149:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/208898-iatty-leak-question-15.html#post4600964

Mine have been virtually leak-free since applying the three extra o-rings :)

Mac_206

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2011
Seattle
www.macavelihybrid.com
321e186f.jpg

MikeK0416

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Mount Dora FL
I received an iAtty all set up for me. I have some basic questions. 1. how do I know when to build a new coil? 2. how long before I might need to do so? 3. where do I find out about oxidizing?

I watch Scott's vids for my GG, UFS, etc equipment and the iAtty too but have not been able to pinpoint the answers to to these fundamental questions.

tahnk you for your help.

Mosin_Sergei

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Nizniy Novgorod Russia
www.mebelalkova.ru
iatty.jpg

Photo braids 0.15 mm nichrome.
It can be seen in the cup is removed is normal eight turns pigtails. Specifically pulled right twist Nikhil so it was obvious that nichrome should not be stripped beyond the cup, twist enters the home. ie used by all the turns involved in the evaporation of the liquid, and is blown from the bottom of the duct. Nichrome outside of the cup - the ballast.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
I received an iAtty all set up for me. I have some basic questions. 1. how do I know when to build a new coil? 2. how long before I might need to do so? 3. where do I find out about oxidizing?

I watch Scott's vids for my GG, UFS, etc equipment and the iAtty too but have not been able to pinpoint the answers to to these fundamental questions.

tahnk you for your help.

1 When either the vapor production drops by quite a bit or when the flavor turns really bad.
2 Varries by the juice you use how much you vape wicking materials and your tolerence for burnt taste. I use Tasty Vapour Caramel Waffle and it kills coils in 1-2 days vaping 10 ml a day. Sometimes a dry burn will revive other times it won't. I have heard people get weeks out of a wick and coil setup and there are others like me that pretty much need to change it every day.
3 Oxidizing is only really required if you are going to use mesh. Unfortunatly I have never used it but in the past when I searches SS Mech it turned up a bunch of write ups on how to use it. You can also search youtube for "how to oxidize ss mesh" and it will probably work as well.

Good luck

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
very nice work Rw. I wish that I will succeed this time with my new project about wick so you will never need to prepare anything like mesh and you will vape as healthy as you can
The best iAtty setup I've yet to try. Shouldn't have refilled my tank today, gotta get some pics of the mesh setup I'm running in mine. Wicks better than my Katana!

blackwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
NH
www.blackwatersound.com
very nice work Rw. I wish that I will succeed this time with my new project about wick so you will never need to prepare anything like mesh and you will vape as healthy as you can

OHHHHH Boy, I am so excited Imeo!!!!
This is wickless for P&P or ODY or Both?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
The ceramic idea is about 6 months old and I tried once with a ceramic that had a "Π" design if you remember. Now after Mr Krinkle's method we can maybe make Ody and Penelope work with a ceramic that will fit exactly on the vertical cuts that the Ody's ceramic has. If it works then we will never need wick again.

I didnt know that ava made my idea true. Do they use ceramic as a heating element?

Mosin_Sergei

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Nizniy Novgorod Russia
www.mebelalkova.ru
It will be great, Imeo
Now after Mr Krinkle's method we can maybe make Ody and Penelope work with a ceramic that will fit exactly on the vertical cuts that the Ody's ceramic has.
I didnt know that ava made my idea true. Do they use ceramic as a heating element?

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US

I don't believe it is. I may be wrong, as I haven't seen one dissected yet, but I think the ceramic is just a bridge/wick used as the juice reservoir in the atty with a normal coil underneath it. I haven't been able to get any good info on the actual construction of those AVAs

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
if you could make ody wickless then I think that I would have the ultimate vape ever I don't understand how u will do it but good luck I hope u succeed for all of us I know the wick as safe as everyone says it is isn't that great for us anything is better then analogs but wickless I think even the FDA wouldn't be able to complain thanks adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread