Status
Not open for further replies.

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I LOVE vaping! I LOVE reading this forum. Even thinking of a ban by the FDA causes anxiety. But I feel like there are a lot of people on here who could "get around" a ban. I wouldn't know how to make my own mod, where to get nicotine juice if it's banned in the U.S., etc. I think a lot of you experts could really help people like me. So, my question: would ECF stay active so we could communicate? Obviously we couldn't openly post some info, but we could PM each other. Maybe I'm worrying for nothing, but it never hurts to be prepared.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
I think if that did happen some of the ecf members would probably just start their own forums out of pocket or with member donations. Kinda like if a house party gets busted every disperses and goes someplace else.

We could still trade all th info we want about juice recipes, how to build mods, etc... no one can prevent that.... it would be for informational purposes only

That's just my guess.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
The broad answer is: yes, we'll still be here. An ecig central point would be even more vital than now. Pressure of that sort is just more likely to make us find some way to keep going.

It's hard to see how they could shut us down as publishing resources about 'unlicensed medicines' is not currently illegal anywhere that we might host our servers. ECF is a global entity and we have hosted the site in two countries so far, if we had to move it wouldn't be the end of the world. Places like Sweden and Belgium have democratic governments that don't censor citizens in any way, which is why the Wikileaks servers are hosted there for example.

But as intimated, income might be an issue, as it costs thousands a month to run ECF. It all depends what kind of a ban we're talking about. A UK ban is a possibility soon and the suppliers will be forced to move offshore. After a month or two of relocation issues it will be business as usual, since it is not illegal to send or receive or use 'unlicensed medicines'. Obviously the suppliers will still need to advertise and carry on their business in all other ways.

In the US, there is a fair way to go before that stage is reached. Because the US is so big, there are differences. For example some States might take the pharma money and ban ecigs. However operations would just move out of state. As regards a federal ban, you still have the issue of whether it is illegal to send or receive products by post. As far as I know this could not be stopped without a change to federal law. Therefore business will go offshore - if that happens. But currently it looks as if the FDA will lose.

What is more likely to happen than a ban (ie, compulsory pharmaceutical licensing) is that the FDA loses, then bounces back with various restrictions on tobacco products that will affect us, later next year some time. They will never, ever give up because there is too much money at stake. Every time they lose at law they will find some other way to try and stop or restrict ecigs, as it is hurting their friends badly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread