I'm not a troll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
My only other suggestion is a MTL tank like a nautilus and 88vape from Poundland 'Rolling Leaf' e-liquid. Cheap and is literally the closest vape experience and taste to smoking I have ever been able to recreate. if the top strength 16mg is not strong enough you can add your own nic....

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Yeah, might as well dual use, but will always try to go back to cold turkey with an aide of a vaporizer.
do this...

when you wanna smoke, vape first for at least 11 minutes.

good luck!!!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
You have probably tried it already, but I coughed quite a bit and what did it for me was to do a mtl inhale and totally hold it in my mouth for like 5 seconds, then inhale to lungs. This excessive holding time seemed to dilute or weaken the vapor, making it a lot less harsh. I had to do this for a few weeks until my lungs got use to it.
I would love to do MTL as this would closely mimic smoking.

So how would one kick back without coughing or should I just keep the vapour in my mouth and exhale through nose

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
Hi me and my girlfriend have schizoaffective, I have read that only 1 in 10 schizophrenics are successful in quitting. I have asthma and just temporarily had to quit because I thought it was the vapor but it was a rare side effect of a psych med I was on. I stopped that med with doctors permission. But it has been a struggle over the past 2 years for both me and my girlfriend with dual use. I've made it many times 1 or 2 months smoke free. And never have smoked much when I do smoke , at least not as much as I used to before I vaped. So it's a win. I'm not giving up and neither should you because if you are smoking significantly less, that's a win.

Also I don't care for mtl I'm using a bonza clone at 60 watts with 6mg juice.. Play around and do what feels right for you.

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
As of 9pm today, I am only vaping.

That’s awesome! Like said before, just break it down into small time frames. Even if it’s - I’m not going to smoke for the next 15 minutes- it’s a lot easier to do and doesn’t feel overwhelming. The success will just keep building on itself then you can increase your time frames if you want to.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
I'll can't repeat it often enough:

step1) identify what EXACTLY makes you crave smoking tobacco.
step2) re-route this urge/habit to something that is BETTER done through vaping.

If you don't know what makes you go back to cancer sticks, your chances of quitting forever will remain low, no matter how tricked out or expensive your gear is.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
I also dual used at first, and I hated myself for doing so. Then I read other people's transition, and if I am not the only one, and there's quite a few of us, maybe it's normal to some of us. I also read other interviews of people who switched from smoking to vaping and all that are published are those who say the never touched a cigarette the moment they started vaping. I can't say I don't believe them, like sure! That's good for them! But it's a little tailored IMO.

Honestly and guilty still, I still smoke. Well, only sometimes and very very little. Call me a troll if that makes any of you happy. But those were situations I feel embarrassed to walk away from. Like my boss gives me stick during an intense meeting to calm himself down. Our old (72yo) ex-con colleague gives me a stick just to chat at the door before going home a week after his wife passed away. And the weirdest of them all, just 3 weeks ago, I forced myself to smoke just to try and see what's there that tied me down for 20 years. I don't feel the urge anymore and I hated the thing now. I moved on. I am without smoke 3 weeks strong. Mentally, I consider myself not a smoker anymore. Although I still have 15 sticks from the pack I bought 2 months ago that I keep just for self satisfaction. Because I think I will buy another pack if I throw that and still use on some occasions. I started vaping 3 years ago, my join date here will never show that. :blush:

As for OP's transition, I think you should just relax and not think of what other people will tell yah. It can make you feel anxious and that my friend is another reason to get a stick again. I also think that you just need to stop thinking about it and just grab the vape instead of the pack anytime you feel like smoking.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay so for a long time the prevailing theory was that schizophrenics and other of the "major mentally ill" couldn't quit. Then a few studies were completed indicating that they had the same quit rates of everyone else... with the right support.

If you can find a vaping cessation program that won't freak out about you transitioning to vaping it might be a good help for those first few weeks when the transition isn't super easy. Real life support can sometimes be motivating.

Also, if you can't get access to WTA (I am bipolar and my brain needs it) you might try importing a bit of Swedish snus, and alternating or using it when you are having terrible cravings or whatnot. It's quite useful and has a TON more of the alkaloids than you will ever get through vaping WTA (probably) and the harm reduction is the same or better. It really is.

Best of luck to you. You can quit, regardless of your circumstances or your diagnosis. It may make it HARDER but it is still eminently doable. I would say: try some DIFFERENT things. If you've tried quitting before and had failure, different approaches can also be motivating.

Good luck and vape happy!

Anna

P2PLeon

Toot This, Toot That, Toot Everything
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 19, 2015
    Middlesbrough,UK
    myvapingright.com
    Reverted back to smoking, I just do not know why I go back to it, but it is a habit I would like to brake.

I know I can do 24 hours, but it is feeling that I can cope with. But needing to do 7 days straight.

I would like to go into Mouth-to-lung with high nic, But can only do Direct to lung, without gasping for air.

I have been Vaping since 6pm today.

mattymatt82

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 14, 2012
    Kansas City
    When I started vaping, I dual used for quite a while. What I did was to reduce the amount of cigs I had everyday by one every few days. So for 2 to 3 days I smoked 10 cigarettes a day. Then I went down to 9 cigs a day for several days, then I went down to 8 a day etc. After a several weeks I was down to 1 cigarette a day. It was easy to stop smoking cigarettes altogether after that. For me this was better than quitting smoking cold turkey.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread