Ended Innokin Ares 2 Giveaway + Ask Phil & Dimitris anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hello Phil and Dimitris

I always wanted to try the Ares rta but that filling port kept me away from them.

How leakproof is that port? I just can not convince myself to trust it....probably the problem is in my head :blink:

Hey pancser!

Haven't had any leaking from the fill port on either the Ares-1 or 2, but the Ares 2 does have:

1) An improved top seal
2) A self closing silicone membrane
3) The ability to change the top fill port silicon seal should it become damaged.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi
I have quite a few RTAs and the original Ares tank as well. I had huge leakage issues with it though. No matter how I wicked it the problem was still there.
has the new tank sorted this issue. mid so, I’d love to try it to see if that problem has now been resolved

Hey Stephen.

We had some manufacturing issues with the Ares-1. The leaking could have been caused by that so I'm hoping you gave support@innokin.com a shot.

Resolved on the Ares-2 so please give it a shot! Thanks!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
How did you come up with the idea for the Ares2 tank and what were your inspirations for its usage and design?
Hello Luna!

To be honest, a lot of the Ares-2 was based on feedback we received from the Ares-1. The CAFC, however was a concept we came up with to give the user the ability to change the airflow pattern and velocity under the coil without the need for inserts.

The CAFC in combination with the main AFC give you the ability to tailor your airflow to your liking.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi I’ve been a fan since day one of innokin! I actually own every unit that innokin has ever sold and I have pictures to prove it. I’m not kidding. If anyone wants to see the pics hit me up but I have every single unit. I would love to win. It would be awesome!
Thanks so much for the support Carmen!!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hello...Longtime Innokin user - currently really enjoying the Adept + Zlide MTL.

My question is how is is the Aries 2 different from the Zlide? Is it an upgrade/improvement?

My Zlide has been the best tank I have owned and is perfect with the Adept.
Hey BruceS1G!

Totally different tanks Bruce. The Zlide uses premade Z-Coils and the Ares-2 is a rebuildable.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi, never considered rebuildable before. This sounds like a good starting point but would it be an improvement on the Innokin T20S which I really like?

So here's the difference between me and some others. Although I would love for you to go out and buy and Ares-2 you said something that is key... "which I really like". So, if you really like something and you're not smoking, why change?

I can't say it would be an improvement because that would be subjective. It would be different for sure and if you did want to give building a shot, the Ares-2 would be a great place to start!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi @pbusardo , hi @DmitryS . Great looking hardware once again. No question from me really, just to say that after reading your responses here, I really appreciate the thought you've put into this, to make it easy to build on AND contain one of the most complete tool sets out there. Will be very helpful for people like me who are just starting to go into building
Much appreciated Jen!! Thank you!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Do the coils that you make yourself last longer? I haven't tried these type before but find the ready made coils burn out really quickly. They seem even worse now rather than getting better.
Would love to try them if they are superior.
Thanks.

Hey Jason.

Yes, No, Maybe. :)

I'm wondering is the perception of coils getting worse is actually the introduction of thicker liquids with a ton more sweetener being used in the industry. Salt nic as well.

Anyway, I would have to say it depends. On the liquid, your build, the sweeteners, the nic, etc, etc.

The bonus of building is you wind up saving money on coils. You can open it up, pull the cotton out, give it a quick dry-burn to clean off your coil, put some new cotton in and off you go.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hello Phil and Dimitris,
What do you think about RTAs with side airflow? I think it will be interesting to seeing a brand new Phobos or Deimos MTL RTA)
Anyway, thanks a lot for the Ares.

Hello Eye!

Not sure what you mean by side airflow as the Ares-2 is a side airflow device. Perhaps you're talking about top vs. bottom airflow. All of our devices up to this point have been bottom airflow, but top is something we've been discussing.

Thanks!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I started vaping in 2015, had to go to YouTube to learn how, watched both of you, bought the Connie approved MVP 2 that worked for me and my brother, using the Z BIIP now, love it, like building coils for my Narda clone dripper, do you think I could win the Ares 2 and try my 30 ga. 5 wrap, 2.4 mm ID, tootle puffer specials in it?

HA!! Thanks bill!

Yes! I bet you could! Although how do you get 30 ga to hold a coil?!?! LOL!! :)
Actually, I don't even want to say I bet you could as I honestly don't know if the capture screws will hold the lead in place strong enough as the wire/lead would be so thin.

THAT, however, is something we're thinking about for the next version! ;-)

David Giudice

Sep 24, 2015
Another great giveaway from our friends at Innokin this week, their new Platform Series RTAs the Ares 2 and Ares 2 LE are up for grabs, and 10 lucky winners will get one of each.

This time we're lucky to have the vaping legends @Dimitris and @pbusardo on hand to answer all your questions!

All you need to do to enter is post in the thread and say hi, ask the guys a question about the new platform series RTAs if you have one, or anything else you could use their input on, like was the crab juice really as bad as it looked (old school vapers know what I'm talking about).

The contest will last for 2 weeks and we'll draw the winners soon after, good luck!

View attachment 909021
cool deal on the give away. how many mils is the rta?

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi Guys
I bought 4 ZLide units how does Ares differ from the Zlide. I use the Zenith tank and have loved it from new, the Zlide is good though so I would like to know the differences between the Ares and the others?
Hello robone.

The Zlide uses pre-made Z-Coils and the Ares-2 is a rebuildable.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Why do you think the "buzz" around vaping has died off? I think that there has been a lack of truly innovative products recently. It's hard to get exited about another pod system, even though some of them do give a great vape. It used to be that everyone was clamouring to get the latest atty or MOD but it just doesn't seem like that now. There are obviously some great new products out there but not the excitement surrounding them.

Hey Andy.

Perhaps it's the constant pounding of vaping into the ground by our lovely government, agencies, organizations, and main stream media, not to mention the PMTA. It's not what it used to be. I think all the negative publicity has taken the wind out of many people's sails.

Also, with that negative publicity it's hard to get new people into vaping and new shops opening. If anything the opposite is happening. Shops are closing and vapers are going back to smoking.

Thanks government and media... you're killing people.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hello!! What is the main difference between this and the 1st series?

Hello Ablonz.

Improved seals top and bottom.
Replaceable silicon fill port seal.
Child lock to prevent the cap from opening for a child or in a pocket (can be defeated by using a standard mouthpiece)
Additional .8mm AFC hole.
Self closing silicon fill port flap.
The Cross Airflow Control.
Closed wick channels.

Those are the main differences between the 1 and the 2. The differences between the Standard 2 and the LE are cosmetic only plus the addition of a t2 torx tool to get the cap off for silicon fill port replacement.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hey guys. I was curious, how do you feel about MTL devices that come with a wide bore 810 drip tip? Do you think it's better to have a narrow bore 510 drip tip for a proper MTL? Thanks.

Hey Stu! Personally YES!
Actually just mentioned that in my last review for the Aegis Hero.
I like a more narrow bore (not so much that it becomes a juice straw). I feel it tightens up the TH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread