Ended Innokin Ares 2 Giveaway + Ask Phil & Dimitris anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally my favorite thing is the overall design and concept of the Ares.

We made it to be user friendly and as easy to work with as possible when it comes to rebuildables.
We put together an all-inclusive kit in the package as well. IMHO the best in the business.
Wick, Wire, Pre-made coils, buildtools, etc.
We also have video tutorials on using the tank if you scan the QR code inside the box.

We wanted this tank to be approachable and easy for someone who has never built before, but still provide a quality vape.
And you did a great job i'm enjoying my Ares 2 every day, very easy building, and as you said, you get everything you need in the package to get started, and for starters i think it's a plus to have the video's to learn everything you have to know about the tank.
so a big thank you to both of you for making this happen ;)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Howdy. Got a question. Who had it the worst of it when Dimitri helped Phil with his bladder issues a few months back?

BTW, been using the Zlide and Zenith (larger ones) lately and they replaced the Sub Tank mega finally. Thanks Pete!
First, thrilled you like the Zlide and the Zenith!!

Second, probably him. :) It wasn't a bladder issue. My back was out and I was in a French hospital. They wanted a "sample" and because of the pain I wasn't able to get into a position to hit the cup. He helped me with that. I will 1) always appreciate what he did for me and 2) NEVER live it down. :)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi Phil and Dimitry,

What's your favorite all time Eliquid and your current go to?
THAT'S EASY! Watermelon Peach... the #1 Best Selling Flavor in the Unsalted Line! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

I would have to say my longest running go to has been Peach Green Tea from Delaware Vapor, but lately it's been a mix of that, Watermelon Peach, and making a DIY Mango Pina Colada recipe Jennifer Winstead did for me.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi.
Whats crab juice? I honestly hope it doesnt include crab flavour

Hey Met!

Oh yeah it did! Back in the day it was a liquid from Blue Mist Vaping. It was actually brilliant because no matter how bad it was, it had people talking about Blue Mist, doing Crab Juice challenges, and people going to their website to buy that while checking out other liquids as well.

Crab Juice from BlueMist Vaping

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I wanted to love the Ares 2, but the flavor is just not there. For the price I paid, I expected a lot better. However, it was really easy to set up and doesn’t leak at all.

Sorry for your experience Michael.

Not sure what you mean by "for the price you paid". The Ares-2 is a very reasonably priced atomizer for what you get.

As far as the flavor is concerned, taste is subjective I guess. There are many, including myself, who are very happy with the flavor of the Ares-2. Although I don't pretend that it has the best flavor on the market, it's designed to provide a good balance between ease of use, support, a complete kit, and a quality vape.

Try a 2.5mm coil pushed down so that it's sitting just above the CAFC with the CAFC fully open. See if that helps at all.

Last edited:

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi PB I just want to thank you for the videos that helped me to quite smoking and start vaping. I have been cigarette free going on 7 years now
WONDERFUL MJCSD!!

So happy you've been cigarette free for so long now! I'm honored to have been a part of your journey! Wishing you many MANY more smoke free years to come!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I have exclusively been using Kayfun V3 Mini RTAs for pretty much the last 2 years. How easy is the building and wicking of the Ares compared to the Kayfun V3 Mini?

Hey Diver9543!

This has been answered many times in this thread! :)

The Ares was designed to be a super simple atty build and forgiving to wick. It was designed with a first time builder in mind. This is why it comes with such a complete kit. The deck is an easy drop in style. Wicking is genny style so it's not dependent on suction or draw. It has the QR card that will take you to videos of how to build, maintain, and troubleshoot it (also available directly on the Innokin website). And you can always get help on the Platform Facebook group.

Hope that helps!

The Kayfun V3 Mini is an outstanding atomizer BTW. Good choice!

MichaellMcCoyy

Sep 26, 2020
Sorry for your experience Michael.

Not sure what you mean by "for the price you paid". The Ares-2 is a very reasonably priced atomizer for what you get.

As far as the flavor is concerned, taste is subjective I guess. There are many, including myself, who are very happy with the flavor of the Ares-2. Although I don't pretend that it has the best flavor on the market, it's designed to provide a good balance between ease of use, support, a complete kit, and a quality vape.

Try a 2.5mm coil pushed down so that it's sitting just above the CAFC with the CAFC fully open. See if that helps at all.

Totally agree that it is a very easy to use quality RTA that doesn’t leak.

As far as support, I’ve only had one problem. I contacted Innoken and told them that the o-rings came slightly frayed on my drip tip, and they just suggested using the ones from the other tip. Not a big deal, and an easy fix, but disappointing to have that happen, and then the response be to make the other drip tip unusable - but like I said, it’s not a big deal, especially because I didn’t like the stainless tip anyways.

I’m coming from a $23 Hellvape MD RTA that produces really good flavor (but leaks slightly) to this Ares 2 which gave me absolutely no leaks, but less flavor. I guess I hoped that the increase in price would check both boxes, but I do understand what you’re saying (and it’s not like it’s a huge price leap, anyways).

I wish I had purchased this first, because the Ares 2 is a super user friendly RTA, and the flavor isn’t “bad”. It’s just not the best, like you said. Would’ve saved me from purchasing a coil master, too.

I tried 2.5 coils directly over the airflow as you (and the instructions) suggest with the AFC both closed down, and wide open. The flavor is almost there, it’s just not as intense as I enjoy. I plan on gifting it to my buddy as his first RTA

Stew1957

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2020
South Africa
I am unfamiliar with the Innokin Ares series. Could you tell me the advantages of it over other devices / tanks on the market? Always willing to learn. Thanks.

Okay. So I watched the video in the link

After watching the video I must as why you use Torx Screw to hold the fill port gasket but don't include a Torx Screwdriver in the kit? I most certainly don't have Torx Screwdrivers in my toolkit and I am a technical person.
Are there bubble glasses available for the 22 and 24 mm tanks?
Otherwise it looks a super tank in the 24mm version with the extra capacity of E-Liquid.

Last edited:

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2019
North-Central PA (flyover country)
Hi. The Ares is a nice looking piece. The last Innokin atomizers I used were in the I-sub series. I had the one with the top airflow and top fill. It was distinctive, techy looking, and perfectly functional, but impossible to take apart to properly clean and the multiple glass surfaces would get condensation. Then I got an I-sub V which solved those problems, at the cost of being a generic design. Taste and clouds were good. I got tired of searching for and buying replacement coils and have transitioned to rebuildables. Still using an old Cool Fire IV Plus mod. it would be interesting to try this RTA. It would be nice to see a picture of the build deck, but count me in for the giveaway.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Totally agree that it is a very easy to use quality RTA that doesn’t leak.

As far as support, I’ve only had one problem. I contacted Innoken and told them that the o-rings came slightly frayed on my drip tip, and they just suggested using the ones from the other tip. Not a big deal, and an easy fix, but disappointing to have that happen, and then the response be to make the other drip tip unusable - but like I said, it’s not a big deal, especially because I didn’t like the stainless tip anyways.

I’m coming from a $23 Hellvape MD RTA that produces really good flavor (but leaks slightly) to this Ares 2 which gave me absolutely no leaks, but less flavor. I guess I hoped that the increase in price would check both boxes, but I do understand what you’re saying (and it’s not like it’s a huge price leap, anyways).

I wish I had purchased this first, because the Ares 2 is a super user friendly RTA, and the flavor isn’t “bad”. It’s just not the best, like you said. Would’ve saved me from purchasing a coil master, too.

I tried 2.5 coils directly over the airflow as you (and the instructions) suggest with the AFC both closed down, and wide open. The flavor is almost there, it’s just not as intense as I enjoy. I plan on gifting it to my buddy as his first RTA
Got it Michael and appreciate the response!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I am unfamiliar with the Innokin Ares series. Could you tell me the advantages of it over other devices / tanks on the market? Always willing to learn. Thanks.

Okay. So I watched the video in the link

After watching the video I must as why you use Torx Screw to hold the fill port gasket but don't include a Torx Screwdriver in the kit? I most certainly don't have Torx Screwdrivers in my toolkit and I am a technical person.
Are there bubble glasses available for the 22 and 24 mm tanks?
Otherwise it looks a super tank in the 24mm version with the extra capacity of E-Liquid.

Hello Stew!

The T2 Torx tool is included in the LE kit. You can also get them quite inexpensively at Amazon or other...

https://www.amazon.com/Screwdriver-...ild=1&keywords=t2+torx&qid=1601565095&sr=8-15

No, there is no bubble glass available for the Ares-2 (LE) but it is something that I suggested to Innokin and will again.

As far as the advantages, we've been over this numerous times in this thread but...

It's designed with the beginner in mind while still providing a quality vape to those more experienced.
Comes in one of the most complete kits in the industry.
Support in the form of a QR code that you can scan to be taken to videos for building, maintenance, and troubleshooting, also available directly on the Innokin Website. Also available is the Facebook Platform group with lots of helpful folks.
The Cross Airflow Controller under the coil which is unique to the industry. It allows you to adjust the pattern and air velocity under the coil and when used in combination with the main AFC, offers many airflow possibilities without the need for inserts.
Easy push to open filling with a child-resistance mouthpiece that prevents the top from opening due to little fingers or moving around in your purse or pocket. Can be easily defeated by using a standard mouthpiece.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi. The Ares is a nice looking piece. The last Innokin atomizers I used were in the I-sub series. I had the one with the top airflow and top fill. It was distinctive, techy looking, and perfectly functional, but impossible to take apart to properly clean and the multiple glass surfaces would get condensation. Then I got an I-sub V which solved those problems, at the cost of being a generic design. Taste and clouds were good. I got tired of searching for and buying replacement coils and have transitioned to rebuildables. Still using an old Cool Fire IV Plus mod. it would be interesting to try this RTA. It would be nice to see a picture of the build deck, but count me in for the giveaway.

Thanks Ed!

There are tons of photos out there for the deck. You can take a look at some here:

Ares 2 – A Better Vape Experience

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread