Ended Innokin Ares 2 Giveaway + Ask Phil & Dimitris anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharliesTheMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Louisiana
@pbusardo I just want to thank you a Dimi for staying true to your mission. I think you've done amazing things with Innokin for the smokers and new converts, and I appreciate George as well. I've got lots of respect for you guys. I've been watching Phil since I got my first box and spent what seemed like thousands at the time on a kayfun for my first dna 20. I'm now 6 years smoke free. Also Phil, I bought a 12 kW generator after Hurricane Laura and your old video pushing it around the yard was the first thing I thought of when I unboxed it.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
How easy are these to rebuild? I have been using a Unity Profile, for the ease of the fill and rebuild, and it needs to be replaced ASAP. I haven't been able to find anything that doesn't look complicated. Also good flavor is a must!!

Hello mrsnspectr!

Yes, it's designed with beginners in mind, is a very complete kit, there is a Facebook support group available, as well as tutorial videos.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi Phil!

I think you and Dimitris did a fantastic job with the whole platform line and I can’t wait to see future products, because no doubt they’d be solid pieces of kit. Ares 2 is my first RTA and as much as it was frustrating in the beginning I’m really enjoying it now and I believe my building is getting better day by day. Thanks to all the help from you and Dimitris, and the platform group. I can’t praise you guys enough for what you do for the vaping community!

Quick question.
Would there be much difference between using Kanthal or Ss?
Much appreciated CraigPate!

First, SS can be used in both wattage and TC mods. SS is going to give you a smaller resistance build at the same gauge and numbers of wraps as Kanthal.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Ah! I see! Having never built my own coil, I know so little about how to do it. I guess what you are saying is you can build it to spec? Meaning, you buy the materials that will give you the ohm you looking for? I currently use VooPoo UFORCE Replacement Coils Resistance P2 0.6ohm. So I can build my own to get a similar ohm that's close to 0.6?

Correct. I use 26 gauge Kanthal around a 2.5 bit and spaced. My build always comes out around .9 ohms. If I want higher, I can create more wraps or use a lower gauge. If I want lower, I can create less wraps or create a smaller diameter coil.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
@pbusardo I just want to thank you a Dimi for staying true to your mission. I think you've done amazing things with Innokin for the smokers and new converts, and I appreciate George as well. I've got lots of respect for you guys. I've been watching Phil since I got my first box and spent what seemed like thousands at the time on a Kayfun for my first DNA 20. I'm now 6 years smoke free. Also Phil, I bought a 12 kW generator after Hurricane Laura and your old video pushing it around the yard was the first thing I thought of when I unboxed it.

AH!! Vaping Irene! :)

Thanks so much for the kind words Charlies! They mean a lot!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
My question:

If it was possible to change any moment in vaping history what would it be?

Me deciding to not put my name on a product or liquid for such a long time.

I always tried to do the right thing by the community and always thought that if I put my name on anything people wouldn't accept the fact that I could still be unbiased in the reviews.

So as I watched every other reviewer put their names on liquid and devices with no one really giving a ...., I realized I did the wrong thing and waited too long.

But now, I'm very happy to have made the choice to work with Innokin. They are a great company who still and always has had the smoker in mind.

I guess the other thing I'd change, which is not really possible is when vaping changed from a life saving medicine to a game. When we lost the tobacco harm reduction aspect of vaping and forgot about the smokers.

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Me deciding to not put my name on a product or liquid for such a long time.

I always tried to do the right thing by the community and always thought that if I put my name on anything people wouldn't accept the fact that I could still be unbiased in the reviews.

So as I watched every other reviewer put their names on liquid and devices with no one really giving a ...., I released I did the wrong thing and waited too long.

But now, I'm very happy to have made the choice to work with Innokin. They are a great company who still and always has had the smoker in mind.

I guess the other thing I'd change, which is not really possible is when vaping changed from a life saving medicine to a game. When we lost the tobacco harm reduction aspect of vaping and forgot about the smokers.

You Sir are a LEGEND with capital letters.

Thank you.

Hi guys,
I'm a 64 year old long time fan. I've got an ares 1, three zenith's and two zlides. I really like to build my own coils though. I have always had a problem with the ares leaking. Tried everything and can't get it to stop. Hopefully I will win these new versions and have better luck. I very much like the new look and finish. Looks like you guys have a couple of new big weiners!!

Reactions: Winci

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi guys,
I'm a 64 year old long time fan. I've got an ares 1, three zenith's and two zlides. I really like to build my own coils though. I have always had a problem with the ares leaking. Tried everything and can't get it to stop. Hopefully I will win these new versions and have better luck. I very much like the new look and finish. Looks like you guys have a couple of new big weiners!!

Thanks lrigco!

First, you know how I feel about that word "fan"!!! Don't be a fan, be a friend! Who the hell am I to have fans?!?!

We did have some manufacturing issues with the original Ares which were a thorn in our sides. So I can't say if the leaking was caused by the tank itself or something you did.

The manufacturing issues have been resolved in the Ares-2 and LE. So now if it leaks, it's on you! LOLOL!!! :)

Shane13

Sep 25, 2020
Another great giveaway from our friends at Innokin this week, their new Platform Series RTAs the Ares 2 and Ares 2 LE are up for grabs, and 10 lucky winners will get one of each.

This time we're lucky to have the vaping legends @Dimitris and @pbusardo on hand to answer all your questions!

All you need to do to enter is post in the thread and say hi, ask the guys a question about the new platform series RTAs if you have one, or anything else you could use their input on, like was the crab juice really as bad as it looked (old school vapers know what I'm talking about).

The contest will last for 2 weeks and we'll draw the winners soon after, good luck!

View attachment 909021

Shane13

Sep 25, 2020
Another great giveaway from our friends at Innokin this week, their new Platform Series RTAs the Ares 2 and Ares 2 LE are up for grabs, and 10 lucky winners will get one of each.

This time we're lucky to have the vaping legends @Dimitris and @pbusardo on hand to answer all your questions!

All you need to do to enter is post in the thread and say hi, ask the guys a question about the new platform series RTAs if you have one, or anything else you could use their input on, like was the crab juice really as bad as it looked (old school vapers know what I'm talking about).

The contest will last for 2 weeks and we'll draw the winners soon after, good luck!

View attachment 909021

Reactions: Vapah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread