Status
Not open for further replies.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Peraspera, what are you using for a lanyard arrangement? A pouch style? Other than making a similar style in, say, 1300 mAh, the thing I'd like to see on the VV3 would be an attachment ring for a regular clip...

I emailed innokin about wanting a lanyard for the iTaste VV 3.O. They said they would be offering one soon but didn't say when. Also, it is likely quite rude by Chinese social standards to tell someone something that will disappoint them so you can't always know if what one is being told is the truth.

I put an o-ring on the beauty ring of my Pro tank as well as my new Vision Aurora BFT. Then I attached the lobster claw clip of a lanyard to the o-ring. The shape of the beauty rings keeps the o-ring from slipping off.

I also had good luck with using an a-ring on a cone-shaped drip shield over a 510 dripping atty. I initially thought the o-ring would slip off due to the shape of the drip shield. Surprisingly, it stayed put. An o-ring might work with a mini Pro tank but I haven't tried that yet.

The purple drip shield pictured in this post is the one I used successfully with a o-ring and lanyard. The top of the shield is narrower than the base.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
As in a neoprene (or whatever) o-ring, thin enough to get the lobster claw around? I can see how the flared beauty rings would keep it from sliding down, but I find some toppers a bit heavy, and tip it over. May give that a try.

I've used a 510 to Ego adapter, and put the open clip style lanyard on that way, and it does work, but I don't really like that it's loose and spins around, since there's no button in the way. Maybe the right size o-ring would do the trick.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Sounds like neoprene or some other of the synthetics. The actual material wouldn't matter, and it's just size to fit :) May have to pick up a box at Harbor Freight.

I usually have something like a T3 on top, so the flared cone wouldn't work with that - ego threaded. Hence the 510 to ego adapter.

But between our two approaches, it's sort of covered...

vantagebox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
OR, US
Yeah I'm not using the 800 as a benchmark but I'm not even getting 250 before red. Yes, every charge I've done has been until the light goes out. I'm gonna keep monitoring mine and collecting feedback. But at this point I feel like I may have a dud.

Not sure how one can get 800 puffs out of those frankly... seems like a real stretch. Mine averages about 400 before it hits red and I almost never go above 7.5 w

Vapeman12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Georgia
Well make sure its charged all the way up, Im finding my Ego takes forever to charge it was on 3.88V that was at 12 midnight it charged all night till 7am and then only was at 4.06V let charge for another hr till 8am and was still only at 4.08 This is a very very slow charge, The ego only shows a red light is on when the battery is at 0.94v or lower voltage, not sure about the Itaste VV sounds like it shows different lights of different voltages, but if you have a Multi meter i would be inclined to check the voltage fresh off the charge, it should be close to 4.20 volts if fully charged.

If you do this, I found out that the meter will read a lower voltage when the device is suppose to be cut off, then when its on.... Found it weird to read with it off at all but this is on a eGo 1000 Pass through battery

vantagebox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
OR, US
so it shows on display the voltage? just got my vamo today and it shows 4v but doesnt show 4.5 or whatever like thooght it would, not a biggie, and i guess these batts dont like to charge to 4.20 like i thought both my 18650"s only went to 4.07 and my ego.about the same

Yes, it shows remaining battery volts starting with 4.2 when fully charged.

daventura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
In a van ............down by the river
I got an A7 in the mail today.

Went ahead and built a wick and coil for it and figured I would use the VV to check the ohms real quick.

It read .8

My eVic won't fire anything below 1.2, so I figured the VV wouldn't do it either.

Surprise, surprise...the VV WILL fire sub ohm coils.

Dripped some juice in there, and went to town, worked like a charm.

Very interesting.

unixadm

Nov 5, 2012
Georgia
I saw this problem the other day as a matter of fact, on my older one without the VW. (I still have the newer VW one as well which is still hitting like a champ and I love that it has all the features of my Vamo and Zmax in such a small form factor).

Anyway, back to the issue at hand. Now, it won't fire at all, and when I plug it in to charge, the button flashes Red/Yellow/Green several times, the display shows 888 and then 1 = 1 (the equals sign is actually 3 lines but I can't type that here) and it doesn't charge either. So it seems to be completely dead. I emailed Stormy's about it yesterday and am waiting for a reply back. Since it's only 2 months old, I'm hoping there's some kind of warranty on it, at least 90 days worth.

It sounds as if you had the same issue, but you were able to get yours working again. I'll let you know what happens with mine. (my mom's actually as I had passed it along to her when I acquired the VW one.)

Mine just did the same thing starting last night. Had it plugged into the computer charging. The green light was lit as usual, then all of a sudden, on it's own, the button started flashing the colors, the 888 showed then 1 = 1 and is dead. I had it less than 3 months...ordered it on June 10th from gotvapes. Contacted them and they told me that I was 2 1/2 months out of warranty! Crazy that there is only a 2 week warranty. I looked at the user manual and under Warranty it says "Please consult with Innokin official distributors for warranty and return policy", so I am guessing that Innokin doesn't take returns and it is up to each distributor on how long to warranty it for.

This is my third iTaste...fourth Innokin product and they have all had issues. White Stag vapor had replace my iTaste V2 after 3 months after it kept falling apart, then the replacement ended up dying. I am done with Innokin products at this point.

cuchullin

Aug 27, 2013
Manchester UK
In Britain there is a rebranded version of the iTaste V3 known as the aqwa.

This is the one I'm using. Got it from the UKeCig store after clicking a link on a gizmodo.co.uk e cigarette review. I'm very happy with it so far. But the instruction manual is not very good. When describing the VW function, it just repeats the information in the VV section. I only worked out how to use the VW function after watching a youtube review.

To repeat; to change mode hold the + button down for a few seconds, then simultaneously press the fire button.

Also in the instructions, it seems to suggest that 7.5 watts is the maximum setting to avoid the coil burning out. I find that to get a good amount of vapour, I prefer about 10 watts, as I use the pass-through function and don't worry about the battery being used up. I vape from home usually.

Could anybody suggest the best ohmage coil to use at 10 watts. I use the iClear 16 clearomiser

CheriePie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
cheriepie.com
Mine just did the same thing starting last night. Had it plugged into the computer charging. The green light was lit as usual, then all of a sudden, on it's own, the button started flashing the colors, the 888 showed then 1 = 1 and is dead. I had it less than 3 months...ordered it on June 10th from gotvapes. Contacted them and they told me that I was 2 1/2 months out of warranty! Crazy that there is only a 2 week warranty. I looked at the user manual and under Warranty it says "Please consult with Innokin official distributors for warranty and return policy", so I am guessing that Innokin doesn't take returns and it is up to each distributor on how long to warranty it for.

This is my third iTaste...fourth Innokin product and they have all had issues. White Stag vapor had replace my iTaste V2 after 3 months after it kept falling apart, then the replacement ended up dying. I am done with Innokin products at this point.

Unixadm, as an FYI, know that smoke evolution offers a 3 month warranty on all their batteries. I bought my 2nd iTaste v3 from them.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Got my itaste v3 from fast tech today, I had been using VV and always had it set at 4.8volts, and then had a set 5volt battery, so thought the itaste would be good for me, strange thing is, I don't need to turn it high to get good hits from it, only having it set at 7 watts and getting more flavor and vapor than my other batteries.

I do have 2 negatives with it though, one is the rattle on the small buttons, but not that big of the deal, but one thing that is annoying is the fire button lighting up when charging, one of the reason why I went for the itaste v3, was to use as a pass through when at home vaping, but that fire button light is damn bright, sat here watching the tv and got a bright green light shining all the time, I will have to figure something out with that.

But still don't regret getting it though and really liking the iclear 16's with it :)

Vapeman12

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 21, 2013
    Georgia
    you know regular handling this thing I have never ever heard the thing rattle, heard it mentioned, i just got hers out and shook it, and yes it rattles, the buttons, but why are you shacking it for? if you holing it it doesn't rattle. the light is kinda bright but doesn't bother me but in a dark theater it might

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread