Not open for further replies.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    What is so much better about the zilde? No one has quite been able to explain it to me and I suppose it's my chance to find out (although Walmart cleaned me out a bit.)

Anna
    I personally like the slide open feature better. Some of the twist open Zeniths can twist rather hard sometimes. I do not like the 2ml zlide but love the 4ml.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    About to buy a Zenith tank I'm finding myself confused

Almost ALL the tanks in my current "rotation" are Zeniths...

Zenith...4 ml or 2 ml....shuts off juice inlet when filling => no flooding...

Zlide...4ml. or 2 ml....does not shut off juice inlet when filling...

Zenith PRO...5.5 ml...shuts off juice inlet when filling => no flooding...but the larger/heavier tank, for me, does not seem worth it since the 4 ml. Zenith is SOOOO easy/quick to fill...

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    I have never had a problem with flooding on the Zlide.

INTERESTING...(I've never tried the Zlide)...

The Zenith had the "Auto Liquid Feed Shut Off System While Refilling"..."For Flooding & Gurgling Prevention"...but when the Zlide later came out without it...I figured they decided it really wasn't needed...

Then when...even later the Zenith PRO appeared...WITH the "System"...I wondered if there were complaints about the Zlide...

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    I like the slide open top and the way the drip tip seats without sticking up like the Zenith. I use flat tips and don't have to remove them to fill.

The raised section on the top is something Phil liked on the Kayfun. The idea is that it helps dissipate heat, keeping the drip tip cool.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    It is my understanding that Innokin will be filling PMTA's . . . However to be sure, I think it is time to ask some one in the know like @Innokin_timmy or @Innokin_Joseph . . . Will Innokin be filling PMTA's? And continue to supply products to consumers in the USA ?
    A slight adjustment. The PMTA for a newer product doesn't have to have been approved as of 9/9, but rather accepted for review.

"... if a product SKU is not covered by a PMTA that has been accepted for review by the FDA, or if a manufacturer has simply failed to file any PMTA, those products cannot continue to be legally sold after September 9, 2020...."

From other info it sounds like the overall review cycle may take a decent amount of time before all accepted for review items have determinations made.

"...Even if applications are submitted for only a portion of those products, the likelihood of FDA reviewing all of these applications during the one-year review period is low, given that this would be an unprecedented number of applications and several orders of magnitude greater than anything the Agency has experienced..."

Yes, this is what I thought. As long as a PMTA application has been filed for it, a product can be sold for a year. At least.

And another correction. Post-2016 vaping products and their legal status--per Dimitri--they can't be sold after Sept. 9th without approval from the FDA. PMTAs can be filed at any time, but the products still can't be sold in the US. Pre-2016 products can remain on the market if a PMTA has been submitted. Innokin is submitting their PMTAs.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Then when...even later the Zenith PRO appeared...WITH the "System"...I wondered if there were complaints about the Zlide...

Not that I know of. I have 3 Zlides (one 2ml and two 4 ml) and they are just about perfect. I much prefer the slide/push to fill feature to the twist to fill on the Zenith. Never had any leaking, flooding or gurgling--zilch, nada, zip. Push, fill, close, you're done.

I also prefer the look of the Zlide, but that's totally subjective, of course.
    The Zenith had the "Auto Liquid Feed Shut Off System While Refilling"..."For Flooding & Gurgling Prevention"...but when the Zlide later came out without it...I figured they decided it really wasn't needed...

I agree. The Zlide has a silicon plug on top to prevent leaking from the top cap and it works as intended. They also give you an extra plug should the old one get bad. The Zenith doesn't have a plug because the twisting mechanism closes the filling hole tightly.

The "auto liquid feed shut-off system" is a bit of an unnecessary gimmick that never did anything for me (I never use it) and just makes the tank more expensive to manufacture. Even Phil admitted that "it's not perfect" in his video. ;)
    INTERESTING...(I've never tried the Zlide)...
    This is a personal decision. If you're happy with the Zenith, and you already own a bunch of them, I can't see any compelling reason to switch to Zlide. They both work about the same--for me. I find my Zlides to be a bit more user friendly, though, and less expensive. You can easily take the Zlide apart for cleaning (or replace the glass tank should you break it), it's easier to fill, and doesn't have that metal riser on top, which bothers some users. I don't much care one way or the other, but some of my favorite DTs don't work or look good with the riser.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    The raised section on the top is something Phil liked on the Kayfun. The idea is that it helps dissipate heat, keeping the drip tip cool.

Never had any problems with my tanks overheating, but I'm a low-wattage person, so, as always, YMMV.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 28, 2011
    SW France
    I like the slide open top and the way the drip tip seats without sticking up like the Zenith. I use flat tips and don't have to remove them to fill.
    I think you've answered why I prefer the Zenith - I like the fact that the drip tip sticks up :D

On the question of flooding when filling, I've not experienced it with either the Zlide or the Zenith.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Thank you all very much! I'll probably end up with all three in the end but I'll probably start with the Zlide unless I find a fire sale price on one of the others.

Is there a general consensus on which coil to use? All but one are labeled by the company as MTL.

I hope I don't like these too much! At least until now I've locked on to the original Vaporesso Ccell 0.6 ohm stainless steel/ceramic coils. I use them with various Atlantis and Heracles tanks with only the smallest air holes open. They give me better taste than I get from any all cotton wicked coils that I've tried and they last for several weeks. For very cheap I've bought 25 boxes to put away in case....

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Thank you all very much! I'll probably end up with all three in the end but I'll probably start with the Zlide unless I find a fire sale price on one of the others.

Is there a general consensus on which coil to use? All but one are labeled by the company as MTL.

I hope I don't like these too much! At least until now I've locked on to the original Vaporesso Ccell 0.6 ohm stainless steel/ceramic coils. I use them with various Atlantis and Heracles tanks with only the smallest air holes open. They give me better taste than I get from any all cotton wicked coils that I've tried and they last for several weeks. For very cheap I've bought 25 boxes to put away in case....
    You will get a variety of 'favorite coils'. I prefer the .8 and they last me longer because as a coil wears out the ohms go up. If I start with the 1.2, it is soon like sucking on a straw.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    I'll probably end up with all three in the end but I'll probably start with the Zlide

I HOPE you're aware of PTMA...9/9/20...:shock:

(I've tried most of the different coils...now use only the 1.6 Ohm...MTL...2 holes open on AFC...10-11 Watts.)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011

Well - To add into the mix, I used both 1.2 & 1.6 oHms since I do not use anything that is sub-oHm. Also, at times 1.2 oHm coils are hard to find, since it seems they are popular with a lot of people. So when I find either of them on sale, I purchase what is available - so far about 50+ Boxes of both (I supposedly should be covered for approximately 20+ years) . . . OH BTW: As I have mentioned before, a coil usually last "Me" 90 + days and are very easy to clean (especially with a Soniccleaner) to reuse again . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    You will get a variety of 'favorite coils'. I prefer the .8 and they last me longer because as a coil wears out the ohms go up. If I start with the 1.2, it is soon like sucking on a straw.

Interesting, I really like the 1.6Ω coils--never experienced what you described with those. I haven't used the 1.2Ω ones a lot, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread