Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
If u want u can try again...just need pliers and just try do it when u have some free time...sooo can go reaaaaaaaally slow with it....u can take it apart... The hard part in my opinion is to build the coil and put it without have a short....U CAN DO IT!!!!
if u really want ofc cause ok u may not care so much....
z coils last a lot anyways ...
it's nice to be able to rebuild those in future if can't find coils

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Made a horizontal coil out of an original 1.6 ohm zenith coilhead .
Not sure what a zcoil is have not kept up with the different models that came after the original Zenith tank.

The z coils are the coils u mention also...they are called like that now and its the same for many innokin attys and the new kroma z....
Surprised tho how u managed to fill the 2 holes hat are left open with vertical coil but u did soooo graaaaatz :D
U should try vertical also its easier...if u want ofc

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Here's one of my .48Ω zcoils... 4th hole not all the way thru on the inner part.

Attachments

• IMG_20201119_162037091.jpg
    IMG_20201119_162037091.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20201119_162037091_1.jpg
    IMG_20201119_162037091_1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 66

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
The z coils are the coils u mention also...they are called like that now and its the same for many innokin attys and the new kroma z....
Surprised tho how u managed to fill the 2 holes hat are left open with vertical coil but u did soooo graaaaatz :D
U should try vertical also its easier...if u want ofc

Two stainless screws from a different tank screwed into two opposite holes and then ground down as flush as possible not pretty but works.
Installing a horizontal coil was not to bad , have to change cotton more as it just goes thru the coil only not placed in there like the original vertical coil design.
Almost gave up on it when it kept flooding etc then decided to close off 2 of the holes on a whim and all of a sudden it worked just fine go figure.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Two stainless screws from a different tank screwed into two opposite holes and then ground down as flush as possible not pretty but works.
Installing a horizontal coil was not to bad , have to change cotton more as it just goes thru the coil only not placed in there like the original vertical coil design.
Almost gave up on it when it kept flooding etc then decided to close off 2 of the holes on a whim and all of a sudden it worked just fine go figure.

Nice....yea the 2holes are for the cotton and the only problem is to block the other 2... nice idea using crews....who cares if its pretty....could be easier to chage the cotton maybe like u dont even need to take it apart now??? Just pull the old cotton and stick in the new???

Reactions: Tor R

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Nice....yea the 2holes are for the cotton and the only problem is to block the other 2... nice idea using crews....who cares if its pretty....could be easier to chage the cotton maybe like u dont even need to take it apart now??? Just pull the old cotton and stick in the new???

Yes exactly pull out old cotton few quick dry burn pulses to clean coil then wait a minute or two so coil is cooled down and insert new cotton.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I'm using Rayon in mine. I find it lasts longer and resists burning more than cotton.

I'm vaping this coil everyday now and it's working great still.
    I remember RipTrippers doing a pretty nice rebuild job on the Nautilus. Maybe check his old videos?

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    I have seen this and I wanted to buy it cause it's sooooo cheap in some vape shops here....but I was wondering why so cheap and then I thought maybe it's not good idea...
    Now I think about it again tho hahahaha

Understood. For me, it was a 'prepper' buy. Before Zenith/Zlide, Nautilus X was it. The top fill And top airflow were big factors, after so many leaky 'top name' clearos. I much prefer drop-in coils, though.

Innokin_timmy

Brand Rep
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 20, 2018
    • Deleted by Misty
    • Reason: supplier associate posting in unauthorized area
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread