Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Spit back/juice in mouth?
I am getting juice in mouth, not alot but enough to taste it. I am using 60/40 pg/vg, 12 mg nic at 12 watts and afc set to two airholes. I use the 1.6 ohm coil and it is inserted properly.I really want to love this tank but if I cant solve this issues, its back to my nauty 2. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks

That's my only real remaining gripe with this tank, but finding the right drip tip, and pulling on it with less suction, should fix it. For drip tip, I found that the Nautilus 2 drip works great. I still q-tip it after each refill, but it made it so the juice didn't get in my mouth any longer. The stock drip tips are great for taste and feel, but are too short to prevent juice from coming up. This tank is just a bit too wet. I suppose it's a balance in that, at least we never get dry hits.

I've finally realized that I do in fact pull pretty hard on all my tanks, so it took some time for me to learn to take it easy on this tank. But doing both of these should help a lot.

john1211

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Troy, NY
That's my only real remaining gripe with this tank, but finding the right drip tip, and pulling on it with less suction, should fix it. For drip tip, I found that the Nautilus 2 drip works great. I still q-tip it after each refill, but it made it so the juice didn't get in my mouth any longer. The stock drip tips are great for taste and feel, but are too short to prevent juice from coming up. This tank is just a bit too wet. I suppose it's a balance in that, at least we never get dry hits.

I've finally realized that I do in fact pull pretty hard on all my tanks, so it took some time for me to learn to take it easy on this tank. But doing both of these should help a lot.
thanks, i will give it a go

Reactions: stols001

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Up your wattage a bit, at .5 increments depending on your mod, and possibly opening your afc to the three hole setting.

I've found this to be a bit tricky with the Zenith. Don't get me wrong, I still like the tank a lot, but for a lot of users opening the AFC to three holes is too much, though I like it that way myself. Even at three holes though, the vape tends to be a bit wet, but four holes just feels wrong for me - though I use it sometimes anyway. Also, being a chain MTL vaper, going just a bit too high in wattage tends to get me a bit of a burnt taste a little too easily. I generally keep my 0.8 ohm coil wattage at or just below 14W. This is all very strange, considering how leak free this tank is for me, and most people - yet the tank tends to vape wet more often than not. It especially vapes wet when the tank is tilted, like when I'm vaping lying down.

Along with using different drip tips, I have played around with the thickness of my juice some, to try getting around this issue of the vape on this tank tending to be either a bit too wet, or a bit too dry, along with AFC adjustments, but I've never really gotten things perfect. Instead, I've had to settle for a less than perfect vape, that is nonetheless more than sufficient for my needs, considering how overall convenient and trouble free the tank is.

I think if, and when, they finally (if ever) come out with SS TC coil heads for this tank, that will really elevate the Zenith tank to star status. I'm honestly not sure what the holdup is on the TC coil heads for this tank coming out. Maybe they figure sales are good enough, so why bother for a MTL tank? That doesn't really make any sense to me, but what other excuse does Innokin have?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    2nd coil inserted, very nice vape. No pinholes inserted this time, just primed it with a carto condom. I typically turn the af down until I get some gurgling, but I think this is perfect the way it is.
    It's been quite a while since I put the first coil in but I rotate 3 mods lately and vape unflavored, so longetivity would be a guess on my part. Certainly as long lasting as my Exceed and Nautilus coils I believe.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hi.
    Does anyone have and use both the Zenith and Vapefly Nicolas MTL ?
    Would like to know your thoughts on both. Thanks.
    Never heard of the Nicolas. I'd just be wary of that refill cap, if it's like my Exceed tank, it can be difficult to remove w/o also removing the piece underneath. Nice to see another 1.8 coil out there. Nice to see another easy coil changing type of tank also.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    @Jebbn I have both tanks. I liked the Nicolas tank a fair amount when I started vaping. I prefer the 0.6 coil. It's not a bad tank, kind of billed as MTL "sub0hm" and it's also not a tank I use all the time either. I don't like or dislike it, I think it's an okay MTL tank, for sure, reliable, decent coil life.

I think the Zenith tank is a better vape, and very nice construction, both coils are pleasant and it's not a juice drinker. The 1.6 coil takes a while to break in. Good coil life overall and easy top fill.

If you are trying to choose, I would probably go with the Zenith, honestly but I like both tanks. Etc.

Anna

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    @Jebbn I have both tanks. I liked the Nicolas tank a fair amount when I started vaping. I prefer the 0.6 coil. It's not a bad tank, kind of billed as MTL "sub0hm" and it's also not a tank I use all the time either. I don't like or dislike it, I think it's an okay MTL tank, for sure, reliable, decent coil life.

I think the Zenith tank is a better vape, and very nice construction, both coils are pleasant and it's not a juice drinker. The 1.6 coil takes a while to break in. Good coil life overall and easy top fill.

If you are trying to choose, I would probably go with the Zenith, honestly but I like both tanks. Etc.

Anna
    Thanks for replying.
    I have the Zenith and like it.
    Just looking for another good mtl with pre made coils.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    If you don't have a Joytech CLR tank yet with the 1.0 coils, I would investigate that. Tons of tanks take them, I have issues with getting some to "read" the coils, there's a thread on the coil where you could get a lot more info. If you already have one, well the Nicolas isn't a BAD choice, although it wouldn't be my very first recommendation or anything. If you are looking for something a little different, perhaps. :)

Anna

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    If you don't have a Joytech CLR tank yet with the 1.0 coils, I would investigate that.

Well Anna...I LOVED my "CLR Tanks" (JT eGo ONE Mega V2)...until...I got my (first) Zenith Tank...

Now...after experiencing the Zenith's...LEAVE ON MOD => twist Top Cap => Fill => twist Top Cap => Vape...the eGo One's REMOVE FROM MOD => etc.etc.etc...just seems like SO MUCH TIME and EFFORT to put in for me as an "energy conservationist" (ie. lazy)...

:2c:

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Tennessee :-)
    I just read somewhere that the Zenith Kroma Kits with 22 mm Zenith are on their way to the stores -- with a new type of coil.

The new coil is called "mesh" and is promoted as being a bit warmer and last about 40% longer. I've seen the type of coil somewhere I do not recall, :facepalm:but it sure doesn't look like mesh or wire -- but a thin piece of metal with a design cut into it. :laugh:

I have no clue when the coils or the 22mm tank will be available without the Kroma.

I prefer cooler vape -- but I will give these a try. :)

We all have our preferences, and I've taken to the Zenith though I never did to the CLR.

I use my Kabuki's a lot too (as well as occasionally a random assortment of RBA's), and thought I'd let everyone know HOH has announced a new 510 only version of Kabuki with a few changes/improvements coming very soon.

Last edited:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Well Anna...I LOVED my "CLR Tanks" (JT eGo ONE Mega V2)...until...I got my (first) Zenith Tank...

Now...after experiencing the Zenith's...LEAVE ON MOD => twist Top Cap => Fill => twist Top Cap => Vape...the eGo One's REMOVE FROM MOD => etc.etc.etc...just seems like SO MUCH TIME and EFFORT to put in for me as an "energy conservationist" (ie. lazy)...

:2c:

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

Gerrymi when the Zenith first came out been hoping they would come out with a rebuildable head for it similar to Joyetech tanks that had the cl tank then the clr rebuildable head which works really nice and easy to rebuild.
    Personally think Innokin could have had many of us cross over to the Zenith if they would have made a coil head that opened up similar to the clr coilhead added.
    Did buy the Innokin Ares rta and its good but would it have been so hard to have a rebuildable coilhead for the Zenith since they have a few different coilheads for it.
    Emailed them with no response in the past.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Dies...never really checked out the Ares...I'm too inept/lazy to ever consider rebuilding...

But...I thought the Ares was just a "Zenith that is rebuildable"???

The Ares has a build deck where coil is open and it ends are secured by screws then the chimney screws over it unlike the Zenith whose coil is inside a casing similar to a clr coilhead.

Also the Ares uses much more cotton than a clr coildhead.
    If your curious google the Innokin Ares which should show the deck .

JamesDMad

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 21, 2018
    Indiana
    NM

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 4.59.18 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 4.59.18 PM.png
      19 KB · Views: 49