The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Introducing the Ato-Miser rebuildable Atomizer for that little Miser in all of us!!!!!

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by Drewsworld, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. benjayman2

benjayman2 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks so much Drew. I really just wanted to post here, but I ended up having so many good things to say that it was really long. I'll open up another thread with what I wrote and this time I'll make sure the title is spelled right lol. Also I'd love to try some of the new wires you got coming in. I'll send you my address in a pm if you don't have it in your system already :)

2. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Great...It looks like the wires are going to be a couple more days though...They cant make 5 Ohm or 1.5 Ohm for me apparently either...Haven't got a straight answer why but I should have some in 2.5 and 4 Ohm in the next couiple days. Thanks again.
    Drew

3. Nomoreash

Nomoreash Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Ordered mine last night and had shipment info when I got in today. Can't wait to give this a shot and I'm also interested in the 2.5 wires when you get them in. I also botched up the order and Drew sent confirmation that it was taken care of...very much appreciated. Now I'm in waiting....stalking mailman mode.

4. AnglVapin

AnglVapin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2009
    Cajunland - Louisiana
    Hey Drew!
    This is really neat! I almost ordered a set, but think I will wait a bit since I have lots of catching up to do now that I am back to full-time vapin'.
    Missed you guys...but my credit card didn't! lol

5. VaporMadness

VaporMadness Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    CA, USA
    Wow... that's a pretty slick kit. The hobbyist in me is definitely intrigued.

@angl... whoa... snow in cajunland... go figure... and sorry 'bout dem saints :)

6. Jason_in_nc

Jason_in_nc Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    It's a secret!
    I'm gonna have to order one of these!

Hope you're looking at offering a tank and/or cartomizer kit in the future as well.

7. 90proof

90proof Full Member

Dec 19, 2010
    California
    I'm planning on ordering the dual kit myself. but I am wondering if anyone has figured out the gauge for HV around 4.5 ohm? Also, I've noticed that dripping sucks for menthol at HV due to the fact it seems to burn the menthol crystals off in the first two hits, does this ato-miser have the same effect? It's not really a factor in me buying it, just curious so I don't waste my menthol juice and wire in this awesome mod.

8. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey 90,
    I will have 4.0 ohm wires in the next few days hopefully...I know I have been saying that for like 10 days now , but this time I really mean it....Honestly the wire gauge is just so many combinations of them that you could make almost any Ohm rating with a variety of gauges, it depends on the wraps and the length.
    I am hoping that the people getting them will start sharing there methods and some of the best results.
    Drew

9. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey Darlin,
    We missed you too....Can't comment on the CC thing but we certainly missed you!!!!
    Welcome back!!!
    Drew

10. BiffRocko

BiffRocko Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    San Diego, CA USA
    Serious bummer that they can't do 1.5ohm for you. I'd have ordered one of these if they came in 1.5. I don't want to have to fiddle with finding the right wire length though. Hopefully they can get an answer to you soon.

Anyone know if these fit on a Chuck? Seems like the Chuck's well is too deep for the threads to make contact.

How about the Reo Grand or bottom fed devices in general? I just ordered a Reo Grand last night and would love to grab one of these for it if 1.5 wires become available.

11. benjayman2

benjayman2 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    As of right now it will not work with bottom fed devices :)

12. BiffRocko

Jul 2, 2010
    San Diego, CA USA
    Thanks. I didn't see a hole in the videos, so I figured they wouldn't work. Maybe for v2...

13. clyde2801

clyde2801 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Drew's working on it, God bless him. And when he gets it down I will be all over this! But one of these, and a whole bunch of wire, would be ideal for a FDA Doomsday scenario.

14. BiffRocko

Jul 2, 2010
    San Diego, CA USA
    Absolutely. A few weeks ago my battery died right after I walked into a party and I forgot to bring an extra. I ended up smoking a half a pack of analogs that night. It was horrible. I'll do whatever I must to keep vaping and not go back to analogs. This looks like the perfect solution.

15. clyde2801

clyde2801 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't want to sound stttooooopidddd....but would it be possible to load this sucker up with blue foam and make it be a big honkin' carto?

16. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    I have tried a couple different fillers ( not blue foam though) with them and they didnt work so well but Im sure that some folks are gonna make some amazing discoveries with these through trial and error...
    Drew

17. Nomoreash

Nomoreash Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Sure it's possible but to get it just right with the right filler, amount. cut and placed exactly right would take some trial and error. You don't want so much that it would push the coil into shorting and to little wouldn't help much. A better alternative to me anyway would be to use more wick material and do less wraps with the wire. The extra wick material should serve the same purpose as the foam.

I may try that but the two I have built now are performing awesome and I don't want to break them down. I can drip more than I thought I'd be able to without drowning the coil also.

18. thenoser

thenoser Full Member

Jan 21, 2009
    santa anita racetrack
    i have had the ato-miser kit for about a week now and thought i would give some thoughts on what i found to work for me. i had been using a prodigy with be112/801 atomizers. my prodigy gave out on me and i was on my last atomizer, so i began to look for replacements. i saw drew's vids and decided to order the kit as well as an xhaler. my first atomizer build was just okay, but there were a few things i adjusted from the instructions with my next attempt to make it better. i noticed when i fired up my first build that the wire/element was glowing orange where the wick was not contacting the element. also, the ato-miser did not seem to be as efficient with juice. i used the same five drops as when using a be112, but i seemed to be getting fewer hits. i am guessing this occurred because of the length of the wick. there is a lot of wick that does not make contact with the element and just soaks up the juice. i vaped on this first build for three days until the element blew (like a fuse). upon inspection it blew where it had been glowing orange. i surmised that to make it last longer, i would try and have the element make more complete contact with the wick and juice.

here are the adjustments i made from drew's instructions:

1. i found it was easier to work with the wick when slightly damp. i dipped my fingertips in water and ran it the length of the wick
    2. i folded the wick three times (rather than drew's two). the safety pin was a bit awkward for me so i used a straightened paper clip as the wire's wrapping guide
    3. after wrapping the wire, i tucked the ends through the loops that are created when folding the wick. the end of the wire directly above where it attached to the outer screw is where my first build was glowing orange and eventually broke at this spot.
    4. when attaching the wire to the center screw, i arranged as much of the wick above the center as possible - i reasoned that this was the place dripping the juice would most likely land

so far, i am extremely happy with the ato-miser kit. i have been on this build for four days and it is working great. i think making the extra fold of the wick and placing as much of the wick below the drip hole has made this more efficient with juice than the be112's i had been using. using just the items in this kit i calculate that each ato-miser build would be less than half the cost of a be112. drew, you done good! you better patent this before someone else does.:p

19. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thanks...Im going to try a few of these tommorow...I also have noticed that the wicks are easier to work with wet, but noticed this when I was reusing the wicks...Ive found that they can be used over and over and it seems to lessen the break in period...Thanks again for taking the time to share this.
    Drew

20. Sacker

Sacker Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA - Honolulu, HI
    where the loops of the wick, i placed blue foam circles ... to hold more juice. generic sponge effect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.