Introducing the Precise Strata RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I've run them no problem with an AW IMR 18350. We've put a continuous load amperage of 20amps on them in our CBIII tester with no problems.

I believe it's possible...but AW's specs say max 6A continuous drain...not sure I'd encourage otherwise...expecially when there are a few ecig companies (not you), that are selling fake AWs...

And theres been pictures about of one of the purple so called 30A batteries that vented on some vaper...

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ended up with dual 26g micro coils, sitting on a "cloud", ohm'd out at .5. I have found that I need to keep the coils raised about 3mm above the deck to get a milder TH (I'm on 6mg) as having them even with the deck was too harsh. Vapor production amazing...dense and smooth, flavour outstanding. I am loving how versitile this is, but hating how big my hands are.

Really good to hear you found a nice combo for your tastes. I've been trying to put the word out that the Strata takes some experimenting and that the same old builds one is used to may not work the same in the Strata. Thanks for sharing you setup and I agree, a new thread just on setup's is a good idea, it'll keep them from getting lost.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Also, for those who get a warm button on really low subohm coils, I've found you can interlace two springs (I interlaced one HD and one regular), and add one washer to the switch post (need to add a washer or the springs bind before the switch makes contact with the battery) and it improves the amperage carrying ability of the switch.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I've been looking at other Ophion builds....it got me wondering what running the wire through some hollow eko-wool before twisting it into shape would do...while still using the cotton to wick to the eko-wool...

Hmm interesting idea, makes me wonder if I could just slip my wires ( NR-R) through my EKo on my Odys? I theory, it should work with any atomizer, as long as the length of the wire fits in the space of between posts or in Odys case, in the space between the ceramic cup.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I'm sure glad ;) that the knowledge that the tip needs clearance has come to light. That situation never occurred during testing but it was discussed that it was important not to have any contact. I don't think we considered it a possibility with the stock tip.
One thing, I know that the tip as shipped has been a little loose and David supplies a beefier o-ring with it just in case. Do those of you who have had a tip short think that there's a possibility that the tip may have become crooked and the short could have been the result?

Sorry for the late reply. Busy couple of days and the broken "first unread post" feature on the forum makes it a little more time-consuming to keep up with active threads . . .

My drip tip is actually quite snug with the o-ring that came on it. In the case of the particular build I had issue with I doubt the o-ring change would have helped me. I didn't take a pic showing this so can't share visuals, but looking down inside my center post was very visibly cocked to one side, so it was entirely a build issue on my part. I don't blame the Strata, I should have noticed that sooner

I haven't had a whole lot of time the last few days to experiment further. More fun to come this weekend ;-)

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Hmm interesting idea, makes me wonder if I could just slip my wires ( NR-R) through my EKo on my Odys? I theory, it should work with any atomizer, as long as the length of the wire fits in the space of between posts or in Odys case, in the space between the ceramic cup.
I actually tried it a few days ago. I had some probs because I was using 1mm Ekowool and it was hard to poke that wire down the tube, kept coming out the sides. Then the wool started fraying bigtime and I gave up. But I still think it's worth a go. Imagine the possibilities of a bendable wick in a Strata.

wfo_ak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Alaska
I've been looking at other Ophion builds....it got me wondering what running the wire through some hollow eko-wool before twisting it into shape would do...while still using the cotton to wick to the eko-wool...

Pretty much what I was planning on trying when I get my Strata here, using ribbon wire and some XS-116 I have laying around. It would sure make life a lot easier not having to worry about the coil shorting anywhere and being able to reposition the whole wick/coil assembly as desired.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I actually tried it a few days ago. I had some probs because I was using 1mm Ekowool and it was hard to poke that wire down the tube, kept coming out the sides. Then the wool started fraying bigtime and I gave up. But I still think it's worth a go. Imagine the possibilities of a bendable wick in a Strata.
Wonder if slipping the eko wool over something and torching it to temporarily stiffen it would make threading the wire easier...

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Hmmm just had another thought, using a canula of some sort, a larger bore blunt needle, like those we use to fill cartos, slide it down the ekowool , then slip the wire inside, hold the end of the wire and pull out the needle.

No problem threading 28awg into 2mm Ekowool :) No needle needed.

13011294754_eb8a8365e6_b.jpg

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Putting resistance wire inside wick medium would pretty much produce poor vapor if none at all. I don't think this is a good idea.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

I believe the point is shaping the wick, not actually using the wire for vaping, which would of course not work very well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread