IPV 35w and 50w box mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

TryinToQuit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2008
It doesn't matter that much to me because I won't be vaping at max capacity anyway, but 50W just feels excessive, you know?

Im kind of in the same boat. I currently use and MVP and while this looks like a big upgrade, I question if its really needed.

Wouldn't mind some power for dual coils. Also, I would like to be able to take shorter toots with thick vapor production.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Just wanted to share this photo of what the insides look like. There will also be a V3 with the sx330 chip and will be a whopping 100 watts.
I will be getting the 50 watt V2 as I'm looking for a set up of 0.5 oHm's
4.2 volts
36 watts View attachment 350653

What insides , it's all covered , could be a complete mess inside .

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
They'll probably be taking pre-orders for the 100W model before long! A 100W model (SX-330 3V) will probably only be good for about 3 pulls before it needs to be recharged.

I think all these new high watt mods are neat but they are soon to surpass the capability of the 18650 battery.

Three pulls and recharge , now thats funny and i bet it's true LOL. I would like to know what vaping even 50 watts is good for ?

thenebulous

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Central/Jersey Shore, NJ
Cant see myself ever exceeding 50w on a unit that fires down to .2ohms. It also seems as if the 100w chip has a 2.0 max fire limit as opposed to the 3.0 with the 50w chip which just feels like a better range for me as I can still use some old Kanger tanks occasionally.

Well, someone needs to tell us the regulator(s) specs.. it would make sense I'd get decent run time with a certain resistance...close to standard.

Specs of YiHiEcigar SX330 V3 100W
No.SpecsMinimumTypicalMax
1Output Power10 Watts100 Watts
2Output Voltage1.0 Volts7.0 Volts
3Output Current30.0 A
4Atomizer Resistance0.15 Ohms1.5 Ohms2.0 Ohms
5Input Voltage 3.2 Volts9.0 Volts
6Input Current1.3 A10.0 A20.0 A
7Screen On Current25 mA
8Quiescent Current1 mA
9Power Down Current350 uA
10Efficiency93%
11Screen size0.96" OLED
12Fire MethodRegular Button
13Adjust Power MethodUp and Down Button
14USB Charging for BatteryNO
15Software Upgrate/GUI operateNO
16Charging for Mobile PhoneNO
17Customize LogoNO

Last edited:

thenebulous

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Central/Jersey Shore, NJ
To never have to worry about the desire to upgrade again for a small price difference (referring to Hana Clone and or 35w IPV V1), plus I like how this unit looks, and the chip is supposed to be great upon many other things that make this unit appeal in general. I can't see myself going above the 35w of the V1 yet, but I was pushing my RDA at 24w yesterday and I felt like I could take a 10w jump, and having the additonal headroom of 15w isn't such a bad idea. I want some serious insta-clouds! I have literally one vape, my SVD, with broken + and - buttons that rarely work, but I still rock it with pride. I'm not a vape hoarder and this thing will definitely keep me from being one! I'm super stoked for this.

buttttttt, I really want colors! Black and Silver are so dull and I was kinda really feeling the Irish Green Hana clone. I saw Purple and Orange IPV's in different videos on Youtube but they haven't listed them yet. I may wait and keep using my crappy SVD until I see something I feel great about. Plus, I like to wait because then problems are addressed, like the 510 pin and dead screens on Hana clones and all the dead video gaming consoles upon their initial release, it's inevitable.

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
The 35 watt/ipv1 is $80...+$20 for ipv2.

I can't wait. Any wraps that will work with them? The finish looks durable on the silver and black, but the gold color in one of the videos looks like it'd scratch easily.

And the point of 30+ watts is RBAs. Protanks and basic, stock atomizers will get burnt around 7-11 watts.. I pushed dual coil cartomizers to 15 watts, but they couldn't keep up wicking wise.

100watts will create vapor just as hot as a clearo/carto at your sweet spot.. there will just be a :censored: more vapor with 100watts.

RBAs allow a wide range of performance..

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
I drip at 40-45w, and only tank at 10w.

With the right juice (and that's the key) it's nice.

And I am not a cloud chaser

The right build and atty is just as crucial too.

When people freak out at high power setups its usually because they are inexperienced and using their current rig as a measuring stick. Ie "my protank at 15w is incredibly hot and almost burnt therefor 100w will just set me on fire and taste terrible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread