Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
We'll see if they ban unflavored products and/or internet sales entirely. That would be right up BT/BP's alley too.

I doubt they'd mandate "only tobacco flavor, no unflavored stuff" but who knows?

This all just sucks.
I wouldn't want to be these guys on judgement day. (Sorry for the personal philosophy insert, but you get the point)
So who decides what is a tobacco flavoured juice? Is there going to be a Federal Juice Taster? What if my taste buds say it tastes like tobacco but yours think it has a hint of caramel?

The only way they can make this work is to demonize vaping in it's entirety.
Watch out for a full ban on all vape products within the year if The Donald gets a second term.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
So who decides what is a tobacco flavoured juice? Is there going to be a Federal Juice Taster? What if my taste buds say it tastes like tobacco but yours think it has a hint of caramel?

I volunteer for the position of FJT.

Watch out for a full ban on all vape products within the year if The Donald gets a second term.

What are the winning numbers for Mega Millions? If the full vape ban is so certain to come, I need the money to bribe border agents so I can smuggle stuff in.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
A fellow vaper told me today that it won't go through, just like the red flag laws. It's just a distraction while Trump accomplishing something else, beating them at their own dumb game. Anyone else feel this way, out of curiosity?

No... I believe this is Going to Happen.

This whole Flavor Ban has been building like a Prom Night Pimple. I think the Administration would rather see it Pop Now. Than while in the heat of the Election countdown.

That, and School has Started. So the Hype Machine that was relatively Idle over summer break is being dusted off. And a New Round of FUD and Over-Inflated stories was about to begin.

Throw all that On Top of these Tainted THC Illnesses, and you just have Too Many Semi's heading for a One Lane Bridge.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
A fellow vaper told me today that it won't go through, just like the red flag laws. It's just a distraction while Trump accomplishing something else, beating them at their own dumb game. Anyone else feel this way, out of curiosity?
I am not willing to bet my future on it. There is far too much public support for it and the destruction of the vape industry in general. It is a good political move and with elections around the corner I think it is going to be like trying to get a pit bull let go of a bone.

I am not willing to bet my future on it. There is far too much public support for it and the destruction of the vape industry in general. It is a good political move and with elections around the corner I think it is going to be like trying to get a pit bull let go of a bone.
Yeah, sums up my thoughts on it perfectly. While it does sound like something out of his playbook, moving forward with the ban will work more towards his advantage at this point. Plus, Melania is involved.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
What amazes me is that governments can get away with allowing the continued sale of traditional tobacco products. Products that are known to kill millions of people every year. Whilst proposing a ban or restriction of the use of products with a much, much lower risk. Bloody crazy. It's like banning pea shooters and allowing the sale of hand grenades.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
What amazes me is that governments can get away with allowing the continued sale of traditional tobacco products. Products that are known to kill millions of people every year. Whilst proposing a ban or restriction of the use of products with a much, much lower risk. Bloody crazy. It's like banning pea shooters and allowing the sale of hand grenades.

Political campaigns rely on money for campaigning funds. It has to come from somewhere, and the largest contributors have the largest influence on those they contribute to. An often unstated but implied understanding is that financial funding will be rewarded by political support. Basically purchasing goodwill and favors. Politics is crazy, if you've ever heard anyone say never trust a politician before this might be why. Just my opinion, for what it's worth, which is less than a cup of coffee lol.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Yes, I do now. The announcement came out of left field. If anything, I thought Trump would admire the whole billion dollar industry and see it's possible for people to make a fortune in a young and growing industry. He would be glad for the new tax opportunities on hardware and eliquid etc.

I still think he is. I think it's as someone else said in one of these threads, he's doing a long con on us. There's too much money to be made. I don't believe there will be flavor bans etc. Everyone just wants to get in on the opportunities in vaping.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Yes, I do now. The announcement came out of left field. If anything, I thought Trump would admire the whole billion dollar industry and see it's possible for people to make a fortune in a young and growing industry. He would be glad for the new tax opportunities on hardware and eliquid etc.

I still think he is. I think it's as someone else said in one of these threads, he's doing a long con on us. There's too much money to be made. I don't believe there will be flavor bans etc. Everyone just wants to get in on the opportunities in vaping.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Of course there will be "flavor bans" (as in pre-flavored juice). That's how BT and BP will drive the grass-roots vaping companies out of business. THEY don't care if the only flavor available is Tobacco-flavor. The BT companies already sell the cigs AND the tobacco-vapes. And the new heat-not-burn devices they're coming out with. They don't have any motivation for flavors IF they can regulate them out of existence and drive out all the competition at the same time.

Next comes all the new-job announcements at manufacturing plants for BT pods and devices. Big news. Lots of positives. ;)
Jobs job jobs! (for BT and BP)

Meanwhile, all the vape shops...back page stories when they opened, and back page stories about them closing.

Then there's the attorneys going after things like Juul...here's one:
Teenager sues vaping company after being left with 'lungs like a 70-year-old'

But note in the story:
He said he progressed from vaping over-the-counter e-liquids to THC, the main psychoactive component in cannabis, which he got from a drug dealer.

They can't sue the illegal drug dealers. Who has the deep pockets? Juul and I suppose Altria.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Tobacco is a big US export. Lots of jobs in the Carolinas and Virginia depend on the market as well as smaller numbers elsewhere. Those are big Republican strongholds and crucial to elections. That's how the Republicans got the 2007 grandfather clause inserted into the TCA, to politically support those states.

Now if the FDA came out and said "cigarettes are the greatest threat to public health" and banned them, loose tobacco for sales for RYO, and then banned vaping, I guess I could live with it. At least it would pass the hypocrisy test.

Of course that'll never happen but we still look for unicorns.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
They can't sue the drug dealer until they find the drug dealer. Also a lawsuit for harm coming from an illegal act (knowingly illegal) has a dismal chance in court, plus the drug dealer is not sued, he is imprisoned which is arguably worse than being sued, if you ask me.

Also, I get that one could make the argument that the kid was using (legit) ecigs at first, but it was still an illegal act.

So, if I were on that jury it would be a HUNG jury because my OPINION of "F:censored: Right OFF, teen vaper," would be firm and it would be unyielding. There would be NO way I would go for that, none whatsoever. And then I would release my being the hung juror and the reasons why with ELOQUENCE and FERVOR and then the tobacco companies would ask if they could name a vape after me and I would be like, "Sure, but you have to tell me what the secret ingredient in the Juul is first."

Because I would like to know.
Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Toronnah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread