Is Today the Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I haven't vaped flavors in several years. I DIY my juice and it's just PG, VG, and nic. Still, the entire federal case against flavor vaping isn't going to fix the original problem. There's no oil in anyone's traditional vape except for those who put it in their own vaping device on purpose (or a 3rd party spikes it).

Education is key to preventing the masses from vaping homemade oil based juice. No responsible Vape juice vendor would even think about creating and selling an oil base vape. They all know what's good and bad as far as ingredients go and they know that oil is a no-no.

Cooler heads need to prevail and identify the problem instead of outlawing something that has saved countless lives from an early death caused by smoking tobacco cigarettes. Water soluble flavors aren't the problem.

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    The NYTS report came out last Wednesday:
    The move is in response to early findings from the National Youth Tobacco Survey (NYTS) that show the number of young people who vape has increased by 25% in 2019 (accompanied by a 28% decline in teen smoking).
    I believe this is what prompted the flavor bans.
    The media and government is piggy backing the kids "dying" reports.

• Agree
    Reactions: Mazinny

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    The NYTS report came out last Wednesday:
    The move is in response to early findings from the National Youth Tobacco Survey (NYTS) that show the number of young people who vape has increased by 25% in 2019 (accompanied by a 28% decline in teen smoking).
    I believe this is what prompted the flavor bans.
    The media and government is piggy backing the kids "dying" reports.
    Then it's a net 3% reduction they should be happy

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    They can't sue the drug dealer until they find the drug dealer. Also a lawsuit for harm coming from an illegal act (knowingly illegal) has a dismal chance in court, plus the drug dealer is not sued, he is imprisoned which is arguably worse than being sued, if you ask me.

Also, I get that one could make the argument that the kid was using (legit) ecigs at first, but it was still an illegal act.

So, if I were on that jury it would be a HUNG jury because my OPINION of "F:censored: Right OFF, teen vaper," would be firm and it would be unyielding. There would be NO way I would go for that, none whatsoever. And then I would release my being the hung juror and the reasons why with ELOQUENCE and FERVOR and then the tobacco companies would ask if they could name a vape after me and I would be like, "Sure, but you have to tell me what the secret ingredient in the Juul is first."

Because I would like to know.
    Anna
    Anna
    We all know it's Unicorn Pi** and the Cloud is Unicorn Far**

Reactions: stols001

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    How can he prove JUUL ruined his lungs when oil is the problem. Crazy
    The goal isn't to prove anything. 95% of all lawsuits are settled before trial. They just want the defendant to arrive at a number that's worth it for them to settle instead of paying the high cost of a trial.

And Juul's lawyers are likely in the $1,000+ per hour range, trials take many, many hours to prepare for, take depositions, get thru discovery, etc. So the settlement could be nice for them, even if they, and Juul, know the plaintiff has no chance in a trial.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    No Vape juice vendor would even think about creating and selling an oil base vape. They all know what's good and bad as far as ingredients go and they know that oil is a no-no.
    Depends what kind of "vape juice" you mean. It seems that purveyors of THC (rather than nicotine) juices were utterly clueless.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Depends what kind of "vape juice" you mean. It seems that purveyors of THC (rather than nicotine) juices were utterly clueless.

ETA: I changed that line to "No responsible Vape juice vendor would even think about creating and selling an oil base vape."

This entire situation reminds me of the prohibition days when people made and sold bathtub gin. Lots of people went blind from the wrong types of alcohol used.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    This entire situation reminds me of the prohibition days when people made and sold bathtub gin. Lots of people went blind from the wrong types of alcohol used.
    Which all happened because the products produced by responsible vendors were banned. Yet somehow the clowns that get voted into office still claim that banning stuff will help.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2019
    I don’t think they’ll ever comprehend that laws only affect the people who follow laws, and those people usually aren’t the ones who are being the problem. It’s all they have though.

It’s really all they can do when in actuality they do nothing. I get that we need order but I can talk all day long and say the ‘right things’ really sternly, I can tell any professional fighter exactly what they need to do to win. There will always be the big scary monster in the closet, and there will always be a guy with a mic telling you exactly how to get rid of it, but chances are you won’t see that guy bum rushing and tackling actual monsters in your bedroom closet. That would scuff up their suit.

We need to ban bans I tell you, we need to be hard on bans, voteforme.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    Simple binaries don't work. Life is complex.

Even if "the products" had been allowed all along, having a storefront, employees, and legit business costs money. Rossum, you know this.

This is compared to some shmoe that is selling stuff out of his car trunk and has basically zero overhead and no morals other than "make money fast".

Regulation gives the population recourse against a business, for example. And the business knows that, and has to take precautions.

So we license and we regulate. And we bust street dealers.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    IMG_1154.jpg
    ETA: I changed that line to "No responsible Vape juice vendor would even think about creating and selling an oil base vape."
    JUUL lists oil in it's pods

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I'm happy with Essential Depot PG and VG, and MFS Nicotine. I got away from flavors 2 or 3 years ago and found that all I need is vapor with a little nic to satisfy my needs. It's more of a hand to mouth habit and a need for very low nic, just enough to keep me from smoking for the last 10 years or so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread