The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is Today the Day?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by zoiDman, Sep 11, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bnrkwest

bnrkwest ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    How can he prove JUUL ruined his lungs when oil is the problem. Crazy

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    He does not need to prove it. His judge has already been assigned, and paid off. He will be handsomely compensated.

Anna

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
  4. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I haven't vaped flavors in several years. I DIY my juice and it's just PG, VG, and nic. Still, the entire federal case against flavor vaping isn't going to fix the original problem. There's no oil in anyone's traditional vape except for those who put it in their own vaping device on purpose (or a 3rd party spikes it).

Education is key to preventing the masses from vaping homemade oil based juice. No responsible Vape juice vendor would even think about creating and selling an oil base vape. They all know what's good and bad as far as ingredients go and they know that oil is a no-no.

Cooler heads need to prevail and identify the problem instead of outlawing something that has saved countless lives from an early death caused by smoking tobacco cigarettes. Water soluble flavors aren't the problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    The NYTS report came out last Wednesday:
    The move is in response to early findings from the National Youth Tobacco Survey (NYTS) that show the number of young people who vape has increased by 25% in 2019 (accompanied by a 28% decline in teen smoking).
    I believe this is what prompted the flavor bans.
    The media and government is piggy backing the kids "dying" reports.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Georgia Boy

Georgia Boy Super Member

Jun 28, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Then it's a net 3% reduction they should be happy

7. Georgia Boy

Georgia Boy Super Member

Jun 28, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Anna
    We all know it's Unicorn Pi** and the Cloud is Unicorn Far**

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    The goal isn't to prove anything. 95% of all lawsuits are settled before trial. They just want the defendant to arrive at a number that's worth it for them to settle instead of paying the high cost of a trial.

And Juul's lawyers are likely in the $1,000+ per hour range, trials take many, many hours to prepare for, take depositions, get thru discovery, etc. So the settlement could be nice for them, even if they, and Juul, know the plaintiff has no chance in a trial.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Depends what kind of "vape juice" you mean. It seems that purveyors of THC (rather than nicotine) juices were utterly clueless.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    ETA: I changed that line to "No responsible Vape juice vendor would even think about creating and selling an oil base vape."

This entire situation reminds me of the prohibition days when people made and sold bathtub gin. Lots of people went blind from the wrong types of alcohol used.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Which all happened because the products produced by responsible vendors were banned. Yet somehow the clowns that get voted into office still claim that banning stuff will help.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss Super Member

Jul 15, 2019
    I don’t think they’ll ever comprehend that laws only affect the people who follow laws, and those people usually aren’t the ones who are being the problem. It’s all they have though.

It’s really all they can do when in actuality they do nothing. I get that we need order but I can talk all day long and say the ‘right things’ really sternly, I can tell any professional fighter exactly what they need to do to win. There will always be the big scary monster in the closet, and there will always be a guy with a mic telling you exactly how to get rid of it, but chances are you won’t see that guy bum rushing and tackling actual monsters in your bedroom closet. That would scuff up their suit.

We need to ban bans I tell you, we need to be hard on bans, voteforme.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zakillah

Zakillah Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2015
    Vienna
    Prohibition never solved anything and never will. 100+ years counting, time to admit its a flawed idea. Or not, I guess. *sigh*

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. AttyPops

AttyPops Yeah, I type stuff. ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Simple binaries don't work. Life is complex.

Even if "the products" had been allowed all along, having a storefront, employees, and legit business costs money. Rossum, you know this.

This is compared to some shmoe that is selling stuff out of his car trunk and has basically zero overhead and no morals other than "make money fast".

Regulation gives the population recourse against a business, for example. And the business knows that, and has to take precautions.

So we license and we regulate. And we bust street dealers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. bnrkwest

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    IMG_1154.jpg
    JUUL lists oil in it's pods

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. AttyPops

Supporting member
    ^^ Hmm. Wow. "natural oils".

I love how they threw "natural" in there. But...but...it's natural!

• Like Like x 2
  17. bnrkwest

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    You could not pay me to use a JUUL!

• Like Like x 1
  18. AttyPops

Supporting member
    Not unless I filled my own pods.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I'm happy with Essential Depot PG and VG, and MFS Nicotine. I got away from flavors 2 or 3 years ago and found that all I need is vapor with a little nic to satisfy my needs. It's more of a hand to mouth habit and a need for very low nic, just enough to keep me from smoking for the last 10 years or so.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    And so is mineral oil, but I wouldn't vape it.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.