Is Today the Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
As depressing as all this has been, I've heard a lot of push back on both local and national talk radio today and last night. From WGN which leans left to WLS and WIND which are right leaning, there has been many of the on air personalities saying this just does not sound right. Even the nationally syndicated Mike Gallagher just went on a rant against the flavor ban and he is as pro Trump as they come. Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel as people are starting to talk about it and maybe public opinion can sway our way. But maybe I'm just a dreamer who is wishing it and it might never happen. I don't know, just wanted to put something positive out there as it has been a rough go of it for us vapers lately.

The government can't save everybody, nor can they cure stupidity. They can't prevent that one person out of however many from doing something stupid. They are going to find something else stupid to do, because they're dumb. It's too bad the free market was fixing smoking addiction in a way the government never could. Now the FDA steps in to justify their pitiful existence and screw it all up. Just think, gang members are going to start making e-cig products now.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
KENOSHA, Wis. -- A Wisconsin man is accused of running a 10-man operation that manufactured thousands of counterfeit vaping cartridges loaded with THC oil every day for almost two years, authorities said.Health officials have warned against buying counterfeit vaping cartridges. It's unknown if the Wisconsin operation has been linked to any illnesses.No single vaping device, liquid or ingredient has been tied to all the illnesses. But recent attention has been focused on devices, liquids, refill pods and cartridges that are not sold in stores.New York state has focused its investigation on an ingredient called Vitamin E acetate, which has been used to thicken marijuana vape juice but is considered dangerous if heated and inhaled.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I'll add extra flavorings.

Tbf, all the nic I did have was just in the garage for a few years through all weather.

Obviously I know it’s nothing here compared to the weather you have in some parts but after a few years in a rucksack and not in deep freeze like I read about :lol:
I thought it would have suffered. Probably did but alright. I didn’t notice

Better than nothing it all :cry:

Edit; degradation and security are different matters
It did get robbed :lol::lol:

I have to laugh but imagine being me. Stocked up, all ready then nic gets basically outlawed, then you lose it all

Last edited:

Tig7

Aug 29, 2019
Blue Ridge Mtns.
The government can't save everybody, nor can they cure stupidity. They can't prevent that one person out of however many from doing something stupid. They are going to find something else stupid to do, because they're dumb. It's too bad the free market was fixing smoking addiction in a way the government never could. Now the FDA steps in to justify their pitiful existence and screw it all up. Just think, gang members are going to start making e-cig products now.
Ignorance can be cured but stupid is forever

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Well, I kinda thought I'd have until May. And I know right now they're only talking about flavors, but this action came out of left field, so I'm not chancing it. I don't know what, exactly, will be banned and how, but I'm pretty sure it won't include vitamin E acetate.

I just ordered 500ml of the Nude Armor...about 5 years worth for me. I DIY with tobacco NET, but guess I'll start looking into leaf sources to extract myself if need be. And I guess I'll get a couple more mods. If all that fails, I guess I could quit vaping. I originally quit smoking without intending to vape, but it made it so damn easy.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
I'm sorry I disagreed with you because I got your meaning backwards. TOTALLY agree.

I disagreed, didn't have anything else to say ... and then knee jerked again. Again, sorry because I took it wrong... not because I used the button which is there. So I disagree with this reply, but at least I looked at it again.

My apologies for snapping. I hope we're good.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Just my thoughts...

I just did a quick google search:

Number of smokers in the US approx 35 million.
Number of people living with smoking related health issues approx 16 million.
Number of deaths per year approx 480,000.

Number of Vaper's in the US approx 10 million
Number of people living with POSSIBLE related health issues approx 450
Number of deaths attributed to vaping <10. (most of these linked to black market THC juice)

About 1300 people die every single day through smoking.

Despite anti vape groups, BT and BP funding plenty of "research" they have struggled to attribute 10 deaths to vaping.

Personally I think the numbers speak for themselves.

Vaping is not 100% safe. Nothing is. But this needs to be put into perspective.

Unfortunately, Politicians on all sides, across the world have been in the pockets of big business for decades. It really does not matter who or what you vote for if they are all bent. It's like having a choice from a plate full of .... sandwiches. Non of the options are any good.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Just my thoughts...

I just did a quick google search:

Number of smokers in the US approx 35 million.
Number of people living with smoking related health issues approx 16 million.
Number of deaths per year approx 480,000.

Number of Vaper's in the US approx 10 million
Number of people living with POSSIBLE related health issues approx 450
Number of deaths attributed to vaping <10. (most of these linked to black market THC juice)

About 1300 people die every single day through smoking.

Despite anti vape groups, BT and BP funding plenty of "research" they have struggled to attribute 10 deaths to vaping.

Personally I think the numbers speak for themselves.

Vaping is not 100% safe. Nothing is. But this needs to be put into perspective.

Unfortunately, Politicians on all sides, across the world have been in the pockets of big business for decades. It really does not matter who or what you vote for if they are all bent. It's like having a choice from a plate full of .... sandwiches. Non of the options are any good.
34mil smokers generate a lot of tax and excise revenue. It would be terrible to lose that.
10million vapers not really contributing much to to the government coffers. It would be great to tax that.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I just picked up on this on the news, on TV in the other room: Several Florida legislators are ready to push for a ban on flavored eliquids in Florida, now, too. Guess they think if Trump's plans fail...a state ban would/could still exist in Florida. :facepalm:

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Juul is the culprit here. I don’t know one single adult who uses Juul. They are ruining it for all other vapers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine I'll admit it. I have one (two). I got it on the way to a friends wedding for backup because I only had one setup and no extra batts or juice on me. It's probably the best "going out" backup there is, could last all night on one charge with a pod. I also use it at work inside once everyone else leaves. I'm 38.

That said I was going to order nic and Juul pods last night and I spent all of that money on nic instead. Still might get a few because I'd rather my backup device not have tobacco flavor, not sure yet.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Juul is the culprit here. I don’t know one single adult who uses Juul. They are ruining it for all other vapers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know more adults using Juul than those that use any other devices. Just yesterday, my Ofc. Mgr. told me her daughter had quit with Juul- 8 months now. My oldest son and his wife quit with Juul, after I'd given both a Nautilus 2/Zelos that wasn't convenient enough for them so they gave up on it. My niece and her husband quit with Juul, and no longer vape any more. My nephew quit with Juul, but has moved on to other pod systems. My son's brother in law is the only one I know that uses a tank/mod. My youngest son used Juul, Orion, now Zero. And a buddy of mine who was an infrequent smoker started vaping with a Smok T8, V8, or something- got tired of dealing with coils and filling, and now buys an occasional Juul instead.

Face it, they're convenient, and everywhere. Billions of $ worth of adults are using them. But you're right that their product was the one that teens adopted like crazy, got all the notoriety/attention, and now are using BT power to eliminate their competition. Kind of ironic. They were the biggest contributor to a problem, and now are on the government's side in bans, because the bans help them.

Tig7

Aug 29, 2019
    Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I just picked up on this on the news, on TV in the other room: Several Florida legislators are ready to push for a ban on flavored eliquids in Florida, now, too. Guess they think if Trump's plans fail...a state ban would/could still exist in Florida. :facepalm:
    I won't be at all surprised to see all states jump on the bandwagon and start banning stuff.

Tig7

Aug 29, 2019
    Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I think the biggest problem with fighting for anything that people wants is lobbying money. If a certain group has enough money to put in politicians pockets they can get what they want to be passed into law. The vaping industry doesn't have enough millions of dollars to buy the votes needed as other groups do. Dollars buy votes that's the bottom line in the Republic in which we live.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Got my first email telling me that I’m in safe hands as the UK market is fully regulated and their eliquid doesn’t contain vitaminE acetate or thc...

Oh god the hysteria is spreading worldwide

I phoned up a Uk based eliquid distributor and he said (just to reassure obviously) that these are black market ((can’t remember if he referred to something like ‘pods’ or ‘tabs’ being filled on the side.
    So no issue in legit eliquid anyway.

Not sure how he would know this. I asked if they were not going to stock us stuff. He said no changes at the moment and only a proposal. Didn’t seem overly concerned about his business.

Is this another ‘thing’ like the popcorn lung and exploding mech craze that will just blow away

On a cheery note; 1) I dont have popcorn lung 2) and my batteries, mechs are in one piece

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    Got my first email telling me that I’m in safe hands as the UK market is fully regulated and their eliquid doesn’t contain vitaminE acetate or thc...

Oh god the hysteria is spreading worldwide

I phoned up a Uk based eliquid distributor and he said (just to reassure obviously) that these are black market ((can’t remember if he referred to something like ‘pods’ or ‘tabs’ being filled on the side.
    So no issue in legit eliquid anyway.

Not sure how he would know this. I asked if they were not going to stock us stuff. He said no changes at the moment and only a proposal. Didn’t seem overly concerned about his business.

Is this another ‘thing’ like the popcorn lung and exploding mech craze that will just blow away

On a cheery note; 1) I dont have popcorn lung 2) and my batteries, mechs are in one piece

As a US vaper I am blessing my lucky stars that I invested in good Mechs and rebuildable attys/tanks and learned to DIY years ago when the deeming stuff was just starting to be bandied about. If I don't buy another thing I am set for life. Anything I buy from now on is just insurance (looking at the order I put in for 2 more REO's this morning LOL).

I was early on the getting prepped for the vapocalypse and have had 6+ years to be ready. I am very concerned about those who didn't take it seriously or who will not have the opportunity to quit with vaping. For them this is nothing short of a disaster.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread