Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Might as well take up smoking cannabis. It seems like at least that will stay quasi-legal while us nicotine vapers end up in a maximum security prison. Alcohol and drugs good, nicotine sent by Satan to bring on the end of days. The loss of common sense in this country seems to have no bottom in sight. Perhaps we'll devolve backwards and put our joint intelligence back into trying to discover the earth really isn't flat.

This is all the fault of that internet thing. They promised it would make us smarter. Seems like it did the opposite.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Might as well take up smoking cannabis. I
Based on my experiences with that some decades ago, I do not think it would be helpful at all. I realize people are different, but for me it was somewhat like drinking alcohol; it actually increased my desire for tobacco/nicotine.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Freedom has been under assault for a long time, this is merely the latest iteration. Squealing now will do little good, the majority of the populace think this is a "good idea" and as a good idea then it should be a law. This is not the first intrusion, it is not the most serious intrusion but, at least, it has your attention, for the moment.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Based on my experiences with that some decades ago, I do not think it would be helpful at all. I realize people are different, but for me it was somewhat like drinking alcohol; it actually increased my desire for tobacco/nicotine.

It's been a very long time since my college days, but truthfully I didn't really enjoy it back then. Maybe it's different now with am the high potency plants they've bred, but it's still not attractive to me. I don't even drink anymore. With my reflux it's not worth the night of heartburn. I know, a lame excuse but I guess those go with aging.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Good lord, it's a damn avalanche. Lobbying+hysteria have combined to destroy these wonderful smoking cessation aids.
And it's shocking to see how many people here have been looking at that snow building up on the ridge for years now, but have done little or nothing to get themselves out of harm's way.

Tig7

Aug 29, 2019
Blue Ridge Mtns.
I always DIY so my plan is to stock up on Fiji Apple flavor since that's all I vape and buy 1 liter of 50/50 nic a month every month until I run out of storage space. When I run out of flavoring and if I can't get any more then just vape unflavored. I already have a lifetime supply of mods and attys. As far as VG/PG and food flavoring is concerned I only see that being banned by either inventing something new for the food industry or requiring a license to purchase these products. My biggest concern is banning liquid nic so that will be my main focus going forward. If they don't ban nic then they might require a license to purchase also. As of now, everyone needs to make a realistic plan and start implementing that plan.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Trump just commented on the use of eJuice and electronic cigarettes. I can't quote him exactly but let's just say he's not our friend. He wants ban all fruit flavored and sweet flavored Vape juice. Only tobacco flavors. Hello cigarettes I never stopped loving cigarettes anyway

Unlike us, most people who never smoked, never vaped, etc. have a very misguided understanding of all of this.

Trump is such a cleanie, i.e doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doubt he ever did any kind of anything else either. I suspect that even if you asked him about vaping, before any of this happened, he's say "you don't need it". I know the mentality.....I know a lot of people like that who never developed "dependencies or habits" etc. I remember Obama seemed to struggle iwth the smoking thing, and Clinton with the eating thing. Everybody has their *thing* ...... some people don't I guess.

I have always tended to get along with people who drink coffee, smoke/vape, and are somewhat messy (clean, but messy) ..... I guess that is always also why I like big dogs. There's something about the comfortable sloppiness of big dogs that I just like LOL I don't know if I explained this right but I think you'll get what I mean.

I'm kind of a simple laid back person in real life myself. I like to think of myself as disciplined, and I can turn that on when I want or need to......but overall, I'm not a particularly *driven* type of personality. Give me a book and a fishing pole and I'm happy and time just flows by.......

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

I would have to find a really knowledgeable person at a dispensary, because overall, I can't smoke weed, it makes me anxious and hungry and jumpy. Its the opposite of relaxation.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
And it's shocking to see how many people here have been looking at that snow building up on the ridge for years now, but have done little or nothing to get themselves out of harm's way.

So much snow on so many ridges, vaping is a minor event on the roll toward governmental control. I wish the vapers were as concerned about all loss of freedom and the encroaching governmental controls rather than seeing only their pet peeve. But it has been going on so long that the frog not only can't figure out when to jump, the frog doesn't even realize the water is hot.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
So much snow on so many ridges, vaping is a minor event on the roll toward governmental control. I wish the vapers were as concerned about all loss of freedom and the encroaching governmental controls rather than seeing only their pet peeve. But it has been going on so long that the frog not only can't figure out when to jump, the frog doesn't even realize the water is hot.

I agree with you. This vaping ban is only one angle of attack on our freedoms. This is not a new thing, only the current topic. I'm still outraged by it, but this is not the first time I've seen this and felt this way. The real question is when will all of us come together and affect real social change, instead of fragmented discontent? Why is the issue vaping, and not free will? I don't have the answer to this. I don't know, hopefully soon. I'm just not knowledgeable or experienced enough with political/social change to be a good resource on this. Best of wishes.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I agree with you. This vaping ban is only one angle of attack on our freedoms. This is not a new thing, only the current topic. I'm still outraged by it, but this is not the first time I've seen this and felt this way. The real question is when will all of us come together and affect real social change, instead of fragmented discontent? Why is the issue vaping, and not free will? I don't have the answer to this. I don't know, hopefully soon. I'm just not knowledgeable or experienced enough with political/social change to be a good resource on this. Best of wishes.

I despair, I think people want the loss of freedom; they don't say that but they act it. So long as their ox is not gored and if it seems like a good idea then it ought to be a law. Freedom is hard and the Kardashians re-runs are on.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
I despair, I think people want the loss of freedom; they don't say that but they act it. So long as their ox is not gored and if it seems like a good idea then it ought to be a law. Freedom is hard and the Kardashians re-runs are on.
Sad but true. Complacency kills. It does it slowly, but it kills nonetheless.

As far as the attitude of using the law to settle personal problems, I think it got really bad when suing your neighbor became the goto solution instead of talking to them and working the problem out. I still talk to my neighbors and have never sued anyone btw.

Maybe off-topic, not sure.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Sad but true. Complacency kills. It does it slowly, but it kills nonetheless.

As far as the attitude of using the law to settle personal problems, I think it got really bad when suing your neighbor became the goto solution instead of talking to them and working the problem out. I still talk to my neighbors and have never sued anyone btw.

Maybe off-topic, not sure.

You may be a dinosaur but it is good to have at least one more around.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Perhaps we'll devolve backwards and put our joint intelligence back into trying to discover the earth really isn't flat.
No pun intended? ;)

Why am I the only one who caught that?

18907207-a-rolled-marijuana-joint-half-burnt-isolated-on-white-.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

The problem is, the politicians are acting on the will of the majority of their constituents to take some sort of legislative action.

Trump and all the rest, regardless of party, are just doing what they were elected to do. It's those who elected them who never thought through the ramifications of what it was they really wanted. This (like many other issues) is the fault of the electorate. And when the majority of voters demand something, they'll get it, even if that is something they never thought they wanted until special interests and lobbyists went to work on them as much (if not more) as they work on politicians. The swamp isn't just in Washington. It's the entire country slowly sinking into it. We could just blame Big Business, but Big Business has been around for centuries, and simply continues its long history of dictating policy, despite occasional minor setbacks. It's the old story of the person who signs our paychecks is the one really in control of us, and our national policy.

Look at the glee of Juul in pushing so hard to get this done. That minority stake is sure paying off big time for BT. And BT has now found a way to whip up public support against the very products that threaten their business model (until they're the only ones left selling those vaping products because they know "how to build them safely"). If it weren't so sad, I'd compliment them on a perfectly executed political plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread