iTaste MVP v2 Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
Topped my MVP with my first rebuild! I forgot to check and see that the coil glows from the middle out before I put the cotton in, but it reads on there steady... Lower than I was shooting for... But I'm proud :)
ygama3as.jpg
u9ava7ab.jpg

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Topped my MVP with my first rebuild! I forgot to check and see that the coil glows from the middle out before I put the cotton in, but it reads on there steady... Lower than I was shooting for... But I'm proud :)
u9ava7ab.jpg

hey now, that looks great ! nice job !

only thing I could say is add cotton so ya don't see
any deck bottom (more storage and less leakage)

like mom always said, don't let your bottom show :p

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
tuck a bit of cotton under the coil not a bunch just a tad....looks good

hey now, that looks great ! nice job !

only thing I could say is add cotton so ya don't see
any deck bottom (more storage and less leakage)

like mom always said, don't let your bottom show :p
I wondered if it needed more cotton in there, especially since all my juice is 50/50 but wasn't sure if it would choke it out. The thing has 4 air holes though so I doubt it. I will add some more, thanks for the tip! Able to do my first lung hit on it. Pretty cool. Gonna have to raise the Vg level I think though because it was a bit harsh. Looks purty on my MVP though =)

Keirster

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Brandon, Fl
I wondered if it needed more cotton in there, especially since all my juice is 50/50 but wasn't sure if it would choke it out. The thing has 4 air holes though so I doubt it. I will add some more, thanks for the tip! Able to do my first lung hit on it. Pretty cool. Gonna have to raise the Vg level I think though because it was a bit harsh. Looks purty on my MVP though =)

When I started dripping about a month ago, I had the same harsh throat hit. I buy juice from a local B&M ( $3 for 12ml ) and I went to wally world and got a bottle of pure VG ( they call it Glycerine ) it is better than food grade and I dilute all my 50/50 store bought with another 50% VG. Makes it 75/25 VG, makes my juice last twice as long and no harsh Throat hit. Too much PG and higher nic levels make it more harsh IMHO.

Good Job on the build.

I got Vapemail today and FINALLY got my Stillare RDA and 2 Smok 7's from FT( they messed up and sent 2 instead of 1 ) Got an M tank and 7 replaceable mid sections for my Kayfun and the nano kit and some drip tips. Cant wait to built on the Stillare tonight, got the Smok 7 specifically for my MVP.

Gonna be a great nite of tinkering for me ;)

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Sixty seven :( , anything that cost's more than the MVP itself is a no go for me .

$67 for the eXpromizer...$40 for the MVP2.

So...you're saying...you will not consider a topper that is more expensive than the MOD it's on??? (Not sure that that makes much sense :pop:)

WOW!!! Drip Tip Organizers and Tank Organizers and MOD Organizers and Joose Bottle Organizers.

Thanx!!!

now ask me who I think has the best fire button of all… :D

OK...Who do you think has the best fire button of all?

I can not get it to pull up at all. I have only had this thing two weeks and barely used it. Isn't this to soon for this to happen?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...59634-fixing-mvp-vv3-contact-issue-guide.html

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
ydede4y5.jpg

What the purple paperclip is resting on is the pin. I'm not sure of a good way to pull it up with everyday items, I use dental picks to pull pins up but I haven't needed to since my Spinner broke. possible get a needle or paperclip and gently out it against the side of that pin, lean it on the inside edge of the connector and try to pry it up, working your way around. Don't pull it up too far, or you'll break the connection on it. And don't tighten your tanks all the way. Snug, not tight.

The file of a toenail clipper ;)

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Ok well glad it worked for you but it did not for me. Thanks

been using one since day 1, i can use any topper i want including the KF; not a problem yet.....screw in the airflow adapter until it makes contact and not crank it down and then ride your beauty ring back up to lock the afc in place and use any topper you want...proven first hand

Keirster

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Brandon, Fl
Might not have been too silly because I actually had not tried that yet. I have now and did not help.:( thanks

I have the circuit board spacer and I have used a ego/510 adapter. The circuit boards should solve your issue

Look at the bottom of gerrimi post from 3:09pm today, go to that link and look at the spacer fix. That is actually my pic on there ( Thanx Capt Shay )

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I've settled on basically the same thing. Since I got my Kayfun a week ago,
I've played around with a bunch of different coils "just because", and frankly I couldn't tell much of a difference at all.
The somewhat-standard 5/64" with 7 wraps of 30g works great and it's easy. I've tried the "heat-and-squish" and no squishing, and that doesn't seem to make a difference either, so I just make sure the coil's evenly spaced and wick it up. I tried a few coils with 28g but I don't like how slow it is to heat up; the 30g just seems to be a happy medium for me (at least in the Kayfun @ about 1.5ohms.)

The only coil setup that was noticeably different was a dual-coil build, but that was the most fiddly thing ever just to build.
Once I fired it up, it was way hotter than I prefer and I went through juice too fast. It was an interesting experiment, but one I have no desire to repeat.

The thing is, I don't think the shape of the coil necessarily makes any difference if you're still covering the same amount of surface area and putting out the same wattage; you haven't really changed the two most important factors.

yepper, feel the same way about DIY coils after I built many different styles
I just build them the same for RDA, Kayfun, bcc (various Ω)
thicker wire seems to burden the MVP & VVv3, lazy heat up (IMO)
and since I see no great improvement with dual coil , actually less (batt life, hotter, consumption, fiddley build)
I’ll stick with single coil

:)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

be sure your air hole is as close to coil wrap also
I mark my outside ring (index) so I know where to line it up (file a groove)

maybe enlarge air hole is needed ???

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread