itaste VTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryong70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
DFW
Found this photo with a kayfun nano tank with ring. Actually looks pretty good.

w1jU6pR.jpg

Ease

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2010
Middle Tennessee
That's good to know, thanks. Do you think it would accommodate a 23mm tank if the side wall of the body was grinded also? Not sure what the wall thickness of the body is, but from a photo I saw, looks like a couple millimeters? So, grinding down a little could work, lots of work tho, and that ring would have to come off. I really love the size and form of the VTR, especially with the lower tank profile.

I considering getting the new eXpromiser Atomizer soon, it's 23mm.
IMO its too much work for not much benefit. You would lose the protection of the ring and honestly once you get a taifun gs or kf mini set up to your liking, the only difference from a full size is juice capacity. Check out the shield mod by needleworks. Its not vv/vw but has the same form factor and holds a full size. If only someone would slap a dna chip into something like the shield and mass produce it....

Last edited:

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    That's good to know, thanks. Do you think it would accommodate a 23mm tank if the side wall of the body was grinded also? Not sure what the wall thickness of the body is, but from a photo I saw, looks like a couple millimeters? So, grinding down a little could work, lots of work tho, and that ring would have to come off. I really love the size and form of the VTR, especially with the lower tank profile.

I considering getting the new eXpromiser Atomizer soon, it's 23mm.

Yeah I don't think you will be able to reasonable fit a 23 atomizer.

I'd like to know the wall thickness too, because I'd like to grind away a little at the bottom to increase airflow. If you have two air holes like the Fogger V4, or happen to have the air hole facing backwards (with a aerotank mega that could happen) it would be good to have some more space. But I don't want to drill away too much into the casing. I think it's only 1 to 1.5 mm from a teardown picture I saw. I'll soon know because I'll throw a DNA30 in there.

The shield mod by needleworks looks really great but I think there are only a few ever made.

I modified my ring to fit the kayfun :)

Know that is pretty awesome! It might be REALLY thin now though?

TexasVet

ECF Veteran
    Oct 5, 2013
    The Republic of ... TEXAS
    Found this photo with a Kayfun nano tank with ring. Actually looks pretty good.

View attachment 336819

Great find...

I was curious, so I found that there is a kit that shortens the Kayfun, replaces the plastic and shortens the rings.
    From AvidVapor "Overall size 22mm x 24.5mm (approximately 10mm shorter than standad kayfun tank sections)"

Might just be the best mod instead of grinding on the VTR.

Ease

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 10, 2010
    Middle Tennessee
    Great find...

I was curious, so I found that there is a kit that shortens the Kayfun, replaces the plastic and shortens the rings.
    From AvidVapor "Overall size 22mm x 24.5mm (approximately 10mm shorter than standad kayfun tank sections)"

Might just be the best mod instead of grinding on the VTR.

Nano kit leaves about 3ml juice capacity so on par with the taifun gs, might be worth a try sometime. I wonder if it will get in there in one piece or if you have to piece it together on the vtr.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 3, 2013
    60 mi east of Raleigh NC
    soledoubtshow.com
    I'm in the market for a VTR and never knew there was a V1 and a V2 available until I read this thread.
    Is there any way to tell the difference by looking at them? :unsure:
    What are the improvements on the V2?

TIA
    The V1 was flawed by the 510 connection. Innokin designed it to be able to turn, but that resulted in poor connections and the internal threads would get stripped VERY easily. The V2 made the 510 connection ring fixed in place, which definitely produces less wear and a better connection. My two V1s are useless. Within 2 months of use, the threads got stripped. My V2 is still hanging in there after 5 or 6 months of heavy use.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    I dunno about that. I have a V1 from the first shipment from Innokin. I did have problems with poor connections in the 510 connector until I cleaned it out with some PGA and a Q-tip, got lots of crud out. It's been fine ever since. I use it daily and, generally put about 5ml/day through it. It's still performing very well and there are no problems with the 510 threads themselves. Maybe I'm lucky, I dunno, but it works for me :)

Garrett1234567

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 11, 2014
    Wv usa
    Well I've had my vtr for a little over a week, it's a v2. I've been using the iclear 30s with a 2.1ohm coil and a kayfun light with duel coil at 1.6.
    I've been reading this thread today and am up to page 15. It's weird, I was hitting my vtr and noticed a faint buzzing noise coming from the button when I press it, then just a few posts later I started reading about others having the same buzz.
    I work on a tow boat and it's never quiet but today we had to shut the engines down for repairs and that's when I heard it, so it may have been doing it the whole time and I just now heard it.
    Anyway, has this been figured out yet? Is it a sign of it starting to fail? Or is it normal and nothing to worry about?
    Thanks
    Garrett

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    I'm not sure how to answer you , Garrett. Some have speculated that the buzz is just a result of the switching of the power supply. That happens at about a 30hz rate, if I remember correctly, and could appear in the button or even the whole VTR. I don't remember hearing anyone having a failure as a result of the buzz and I've never experienced it, myself, other than the famous "rattlesnake" coming from the atomizer once in a while and that is a direct result of the switching power.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    I've had my VTR, basically, since they came out. Version one with the rotating 510 mount. It is, by far, my favorite to take with me when I am out and about, whether in the car, visiting folks or just walking the dog. The form factor with the tank down alongside the body and supported by the top ring makes it much more durable and safer than an MVP or standard "flashlight" style. My only real complaint is that I can't put a Fogger on it without the extension tube. Then it's up and vulnerable like all the others.

I'm guessing you're working the Ohio.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread