heres the pic
camo 4.jpg

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
The buzz is undoubtedly related to the VV/VW chip and circuits that regulate the output level to the delivery device. Generally, most VV/VW devices produce a square wave and, by limiting the time that square wave is "on", control the output to the desired level. That square wave is generated at a specific frequency, usually, in the vicinity of 30 to 100 cycles per second. That is, most likely, the "mysterious" buzzing sound being heard as that square wave is generated.
I removed and reinserted the battery. No more buzz.
Awsum's explanation has the advantage of being a perfectly logical explanation of the reason the buzz exists.

My remedy, though perhaps unexplainable, has the advantage of having effectively stopped the buzz.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
I'm guessing that's reflected print from the sheet of paper that the VTR is sitting on.

you are correct!!! Just a reflection from the paper

Cant wait to get my ibtanked-long with mega fusion on it tonight. The 30s is nice but is a nasty juice hog with those dual coils. The fusion is a bit more stingy with the juice IME.

iz2sick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Burbs of Detroit
My VTR didn't buzz at first. Then on the fourth day (yesterday), it made a very loud buzz. I was in the laundry room and heard it. My mind and heart raced thinking my battery was going to do something bad so I popped it out. Checked it and it wasn't even warm. Popped it back in, still buzzing although not nearly as loud. That was a Sony batt. So I popped a Panny in and still buzzing. But I heard it firing the coils just fine so I continued to vape constantly being conscious about the buzzing. Today, it buzzes quietly. I can no longer hear it unless I put my ears to it because the coils drown it out otherwise. My VTR has never been dropped or bumped. It always goes into a microfiber pouch when not in use. Hasn't even been knocked over while standing on a table.

Ohm readings on a 1.8ohm coil weren't bad. Occasional bad readings, but within .2 difference. Popped a 2.1 ohm on there and bam. 8.8 ohms. Now it jumps anywhere from 2.2 - 2.9. So I don't use the VW function anymore. Those burnt hits are nasty!

In VV mode, it vapes heavenly. Form factor is awesome. Weight is awesome. Button placement? Not so awesome, but I can deal with it. I just wish my ohms would be accurate! It would be nice to set a wattage and just vape.

iz2sick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Burbs of Detroit
Okay guys, the few that mentioned the gunk inside the well that the 510 wheel spins on got me thinking... that can't be good for conductivity! It might very well be the reason why the Ohm readings are off. I posted this in another forum so sorry for any redundancy...

So my 2.1 ohm head has been the one giving me most problems. Even on VV, I would still check my ohms just to see how often it jumps around. It jumped a lot.

Now, I'm going to tell you what I did because I don't know exactly what fixed it (so far, more than 10 chain vapes in and the ohm stayed dead on 2.2, which is the first time it didn't jump with that many fires).

1) I took my atty out. Grabbed an alcohol prep pad (70% iso, but if you have 99% around, use that instead with a paper towel or something or just dip a prep pad in it) and a toothpick. All this talk about machine grease inside the 510 connection got me thinking... that can't be good for conductivity. There are two slits on that wheel. If you look inside them, you can see the well that the wheel spins around on. Well, that well has some gunk. I put the prep pad in the connect, then used the toothpick to get the pad inside that well. Then I spun the wheel back and forth with the toothpick pushed up against the well to catch any gunk. I did this around the whole well. You can also get the pad and toothpick on the outer edge of that well. What came up was brown gunk (might be from some juice leaking as well).

2) I spun the wheel counter-clockwise for a while. Maybe about 20 rotations.

That's it! So far this has done the trick! So I'm really hoping it was the gunk in there that was causing this issue!

STLBluesNut

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
st peters mo
Ive not had any ohm reading or oil/gunk problems. However, as I've posted, I do have the buzz. Im not necessarily happy that so many other here have it as well but it gives me more hope that this is just "normal" for this device as many types of elctronics do have an inherent buzz or whine.

Galaxy Tab 2 on Tapatalk

Tontomoses

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2013
Michigan
Ive not had any ohm reading or oil/gunk problems. However, as I've posted, I do have the buzz. Im not necessarily happy that so many other here have it as well but it gives me more hope that this is just "normal" for this device as many types of elctronics do have an inherent buzz or whine.

Galaxy Tab 2 on Tapatalk

That's what I'm thinking too. It's almost reassuring that it is working. Plus I don't hear it unless I put my ear up to it really close, and even that is drowned out by the sizzling fluid after a millisecond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread