itaste VTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLBluesNut

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
st peters mo
I think it is possible the encasement around the wicks, that some seem to dislike, may be the reason it works so well. May be that so much juice is caught in the between the wicks, even at low levels, that it is very difficult to dry out or burn.

Either way, I bought a 5 pack of replacements as well. Will get more tanks too soon.

And I love my vtr. Too bad it has the buzz, hope it doesnt mean its longevity will be decreased.

Galaxy Tab 2 on Tapatalk

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I have to say that I am liking the iclear330s the more I use it....after a couple of tanks the flavor really shines tru...much like a cartotank....it is a juice hog soaking up over 1/2 a tank from dry before the muted taste disappears....but no dry hits at all even at high watts. They can be cleaned with difficulty....soak and rinse in hot water multiple times...them a vodka soak dry overnight. I am going to see how long a head can last by pushing it with a heavy dark sweet coffee vape.

LOVING the VTR SOOOO much

symphonic18

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Yes, it would be nice if the VTR was lighter in weight but every single other thing about it seems like Innokin knew EXACTLY what constituted my ideal mod. It became my one and only in-use device within a minute of opening my first one 9 days ago.

Bells, so what is it about the VTR that makes it so great to you? Can you describe a bit?

No load so it won't fire.

Ya there's no circuit completion :3

STLBluesNut

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
st peters mo
If I remove the tank it does not buzz. At that point,however, it gives a resistance reading of "non". Probably does nothing then, either knowing there is nothing there or thinking its a short. Seems to be from more in the lower display area than from the button or tank area. Cannot really hear it unless you know to listen for it and put your ear close. Didn't even notice it for a while because the noise from coil firing and air drawing drowns it out.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g LTE

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
Other than fasttech, where's a good place to order a VTR from? My local B&M has the kit for $130 (I don't think it comes with a battery or anything extra like that, which I would need) and I've seen some new on eBay for ~$85. I'm probably going to order from fasttech, but right now they have it listed as "ships in 15 days" and I'm feeling impatient.
There is a coop that is ready to hit anytime here. Look in the co-op planning I planning on getting one.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Bells, so what is it about the VTR that makes it so great to you? Can you describe a bit?
In order of importance to me and my big hands, most important listed first:
1. (Projected) reliability. If it lasts 3 months without needing repair or replacement it will have justified its purchase price to me. Longer than that (and I certainly hope so) is gravy.
2. Comfort of grip. Any box mod makes more sense to me than any stick mod.
3. Location and ease of use of power button. Innokin must have heard me griping about the too-hard-to-press, too-small, too-far-recessed, poorly located power button of their MVP.
4. Form factor, including height to width ratio, stability when standing on a flat surface and the fact that it uses 18650 batts.
5. Location and ease of use of menu and adjustment controls.
6. Appearance.

Last edited:

Tontomoses

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2013
Michigan
If I remove the tank it does not buzz. At that point,however, it gives a resistance reading of "non". Probably does nothing then, either knowing there is nothing there or thinking its a short. Seems to be from more in the lower display area than from the button or tank area. Cannot really hear it unless you know to listen for it and put your ear close. Didn't even notice it for a while because the noise from coil firing and air drawing drowns it out.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g LTE

I Thought maybe the LED possibly was buzzing somehow when pushed as it still lights up with no tank, but mine doesn't buzz with no tank on it either. Now when I put my ear real close to the fire button with a tank on, I now can hear a very small buzz before the tank sound overrules it.... Wasn't able to hear it the first few times I tried. My girlfriend hears that buzz on her square vv Itaste when firing, she said she noticed it a while ago it and thought nothing of it, until she asked why I was Vaping through my ear.... (listening to my VTR for the buzz)

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I just now got, for the first time, the buzzing sound others have mentioned.

To me, it's a whirring type sound that occurs at a steady volume and frequency.

After getting this sound for 5 straight draws after not getting it once in my first 10 days of using the VTR, I removed and reinserted the battery. No more buzz. Does this make sense? Maybe. I'll let you know if and when it happens again.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
The buzz is undoubtedly related to the VV/VW chip and circuits that regulate the output level to the delivery device. Generally, most VV/VW devices produce a square wave and, by limiting the time that square wave is "on", control the output to the desired level. That square wave is generated at a specific frequency, usually, in the vicinity of 30 to 100 cycles per second. That is, most likely, the "mysterious" buzzing sound being heard as that square wave is generated.

Tontomoses

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2013
Michigan
The buzz is undoubtedly related to the VV/VW chip and circuits that regulate the output level to the delivery device. Generally, most VV/VW devices produce a square wave and, by limiting the time that square wave is "on", control the output to the desired level. That square wave is generated at a specific frequency, usually, in the vicinity of 30 to 100 cycles per second. That is, most likely, the "mysterious" buzzing sound being heard as that square wave is generated.

That's a great post.

HandbananA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
USA, Florida
Yes however the LED still lights up, and was curious if that may be the electrical buzzing

Ya. I get ya. I thought the same thing at first. I did put a dummy load on it using a resistor and it will still buzz.

Also I noticed that my buzz changes pitch by approximately 1 octave

Tapatalk

Last edited:

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
just got my camo version and it buzzes with the 30S also. I can only hear it if I place my ear to it. the 30S hits like a train with my 24mg 70/30 juice. Liking it so far.

heavy, heavy mod and I would definately want this in my hand if I were in a fight-LOL
camo.jpg
camo 2.jpg
camo 3.jpg

the powder coating on the mod is flawless and no fingerprints at all. Its a mat finish and only slightly rough. LOOKS GOOD to me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread