Kitchener, On Vape Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Just need to throw this experience out there because I'm so annoyed by it.

I went into a local vape shop today to buy some more wire. They were out of what I wanted so the guy suggested I buy one of their premade house coils until they get more of my preferred wire in. I asked what they ohm out at and the Fused Clapton ni80 that he wanted me to buy was a .12 - .15 coil. I proceeded to explain that the mech that I had in my hand, and showed him, is one that hits great at .4 ohms and I use a pink Samsung 30q in. He tells me that they sell that battery there and I'd be ok with the low build because it's a 30A battery.

After picking my jaw up off of the floor, I explained that I bought my batteries from them and the Samsung 30q has a 15A cdr. He tells me that I'm wrong and it's a 30A battery. I looked him in the eye and asked him, so you're telling me, knowing I'm using a mech, that I can build for 30 Amps using the 30q? I then pulled up the 30q on Google, found @Mooch and his ratings and pointed out that it's a 15A cdr.
Even after I proved that it's only a 15A battery he still has the nerve to say "you'll still be safe, nothing will happen"

How many people have they told this is a 30A battery?

Shops like this give our industry a bad reputation. For those in my area, because there are a few, Shop name: Savour The Vapour, they have 3 locations.

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I argued with a Snap Back wearing Neck Beard shop owner down here once, he told me that Mooch's info was outdated and didn't really apply. :lol:

I'd post your concerns on their Facebook group and give the owner a call... Hopefully he isn't like the dolt down here.

I don't think you can call out specific vape shops in the general forum.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Or he was thinking 30T instead of 30Q.
No, I showed him the pink wrap that they sell. The owner/manager said that they don't sell mechs, that's a fair point, the problem is that this employee chose to engage me in a mech build conversation and make a bad recommendation. If you don't know battery amperage just say so, don't tell me I'm safe. And no, when I showed him Mooch's ratings he said and I quote "oh, we've all thought it's a 30A battery here"

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: KC0YNU

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
No, I showed him the pink wrap that they sell. I gave the owner a courtesy call, just to let him know about the experience. His reply was that they don't sell mechs. That's a fair point, the problem is that his employee chose to engage me in a mech build conversation and make a bad recommendation. If you don't know battery amperage just say so, don't tell me I'm safe. And no, when I showed him Mooch's ratings he said and I quote "oh, we've all thought it's a 30A battery here"
Too much...
It's an unregulated industry with minimum wage staff, so Barista > Sandwich Artist > Vape Shop Associate... :lol:

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Too much...
It's an unregulated industry with minimum wage staff, so Barista > Sandwich Artist > Vape Shop Associate... :lol:
I can't make this stuff up, you're right, it's almost laughable if people's faces weren't at risk. This Manager is a really sweet girl, but they have her running around to 3 locations, unfortunately she doesn't possess the knowledge to know if her staff is properly trained. I actually feel bad for her.

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Walk into a Vape Shop, look around quietly, and when someone comes up and says "Can I Help You ?"...
Pull a REOS Woodvil out of your pocket, set it on top of the display case, and ask if they know what it is.
I've been asked to leave two vape shops that way....
(Maybe it was the plunger doors that threw them off ...?)

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Walk into a Vape Shop, look around quietly, and when someone comes up and says "Can I Help You ?"...
Pull a REOS Woodvil out of your pocket, set it on top of the display case, and ask if they know what it is.

I had a kid tell me over the phone that their LG HG2's were 4000 mAh @40 Amps. I corrected him at the store and still bought it because their prices were good.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I've taken the Origenny into a shop and asked if they could re-wick it for me... Then pulled out the sheet of mesh for them as they looked at it totally confused. :D

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I argued with a Snap Back wearing Neck Beard shop owner down here once, he told me that Mooch's info was outdated and didn't really apply. :lol:

I'd post your concerns on their Facebook group and give the owner a call... Hopefully he isn't like the dolt down here.

I don't think you can call out specific vape shops in the general forum.
As for not calling specific shops out, why not? I can go on Google review and Yelp and say the same thing where my actual name is in the review. We need to call the lazy shops out to protect fellow vapers IMO.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
As for not calling specific shops out, why not? I can go on Google review and Yelp and say the same thing where my actual name is in the review. We need to call the lazy shops out to protect fellow vapers IMO.
I don't think it is allowed here, you can't post verbatim conversations from problem shops. I could be wrong about just mentioning shops. It's an admin thing and I was cautioned once about it with Eciggity. ;)

Google and Yelp play by different rules.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
That store is so garbage.

I went in last week to get battery wraps since they're the only place that carries ODB ones.

Idiot looked at my plug and said 'nice ram'. Same guy who told me they don't carry cotton pads because they're "low end".

Every time I walk into that shop I end up having to give them a lesson because none of them know anything about vaping. You walk in there and the staff and their friends hanging out on the couch are all vaping on beginner's gear and have been since it opened up.

Last time I went in he tried selling me Albert's BB VAPES wraps. I told them he gives them out by the dozens and took the door off my mod to show.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have to wonder why a shop will sell complex in house made coils without the knowledge of their safe use. Because a 0.12 ohm coil even with a 30A battery in a mech sure isn't a great idea either. They should stick to Smok products and drop anything more advanced than that.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I was in a vape shop last week looking to get some wire. It was not a normal shop I go to but was on the side of town where I was running errands and figured I stop in since they were a few doors down...

Walk in and ask what wire they have... He tells me they don't sell wick, wire or rebuildable materials anymore because nobody buys them. He said I was the 1st person in months to ask about wire...

What the what........

While talking with him the owner (or manager - not sure which) comes out from the back after hearing the convo and says he might still have a few spools in the back. He looks and comes back out with 2 spools of 26G Kanthal. I ask how much and he says I can have them for free as he just wants them gone...

I don't think many people rebuild anymore let alone use mechs. Rebuilders who also use a mech? In the severe minority would be my guess...

Sadly this translates to vape shop employees as well. They really don't know about battery safety, mechs and RBA's anymore..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread