• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

lets get together

Status
Not open for further replies.

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
Apuck, were you the one with the Stardust at the vape meet? It was a really good vape, put it down on the couch on its side for a few, came back and all my juice was in a puddle on the couch (luckily its leather)! I am telling you guys, I have the worst luck with clearos!!

Yes, I was the one that had them. Did you get a rebuildable or one of the disposable kind?

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
Hrmmm, ok I just checked and of course he sells both. If the bottom unscrews it is "rebuildable" (has replaceable guts). The rebuildables that he sells are a tad strange, I've never seen ones like it. On mine the head is replaceable, his is the whole stem and the head is attached to it and does not come off. So I don't know much about his. Again if it is rebuildable, I'd take the whole thing apart, put it back together making sure all the seals line up and whatnot. Fill it with water and lay it down again, turn upside down, shake, spin around, etc. and see if there are any leaks and where they are coming from. If it just a disposable, I'd take off the mouthpiece and make sure that the little white silicone cap is lined up and centered, reattach mouthpiece, and make sure the mouthpiece comes down over the little metal post and makes a contacting seal with the silicone cap.

I've never had an issue with any of mine dumping, and between my wife and I, we have had quite a few. I occasionally get one to leak out through the mouthpiece from condensation and then I just wipe it out or rinse it. I've also had a few outright break (the tube just suddenly breaks in half) which kind of sucks, but those were earlier versions, and I haven't had any of the recent ones do that.

Lemme know how you do, and what you find out. If it turns out you just got a crappy one, I wouldn't give up on them I'd just try one from another vendor.

KalebK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA
Its a fantastic vape!!! My Apollo Tank is still out of comission though and I dont know whats wrong with it!!! I checked it with the multimeter and its still what it should be but I am getting NO vapor whatsoever!! It was working beautifully yesterday and I got one good hit off of it this morning and then nothing. It isnt firing, on either of my PVs. :( I guess ill try taking it apart tomorrow and see if I can fix it, more tinkering, yay. Lol.I

KalebK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA
I haven't had to mess with my Apollo yet. I really don't use it much because I prefer the Vivi. Take it apart clean it, and make sure the coil, wick, cap etc. are all sitting properly. That is about all I can suggest. You are having a helluva time, I hope your luck improves.

I took it apart and cleaned it today. I havent put juice into it yet to see if it works. Once I figured out how to be smarter than my stardust and make sure the driptip was on all the way, it is working beautifully!!! I prefer my E1 though, it seems to work better on my v8 than the stardust, less tipping it I have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread