Mature Vapers! Talk to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzy-Penny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Texas
Look who raised a ruckus just above me this evening. My daughter was trapped in a Walmart directly in its path because they wouldn't let their customers leave. Do they have the legal right to prevent them from leaving? What raises my hackles is that they also would not let people enter the store for cover!

Nothing but deluges of rain here. My creek is roaring.

wxin-tornado-on-the-ground-in-yeddo-ind-201205-002.jpg

Wow, nice shot! Were you the photographer?

Last edited:

Bluesman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
PA USA
There's a hair salon in nearby in the hood that has life size figures of the blues brothers!

Sandy, the Blues Brothers movie took place in and around Chicago. There were quite a few appearances by well-known people (music related) in the movie. Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Cab Calloway, John Lee ......, Big Walter Horton, Ray Charles, Pinetop Perkins.

I don't watch movies or watch TV so I don't know how it compares to other things. The movie was funny, but I really enjoyed the music.

Jake over there in my avi, goes thumbs up. :thumbs:

Last edited:

Bluesman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
PA USA
So - I've decided that I'm in love with the Stardust style tanks, and don't ever want to deal with cartos again. These things are great! I've been using them for over three weeks and I'm spoiled rotten.

Okay, Rave. After weeks of going back and forth between Stardust tanks and cartomizers, my vote is:

Both

I understand why people like tanks. But for me, they add an unneeded level of complexity that I don't need in my vaping. Things are way too complex for me to begin with.

However, the Stardust tanks are easy to fill and maintain. They produce good flavor and vapor. Throat hit is slightly muted but that's fine. I like them.

Cartomizers are easy, consistent and I get good flavor, vapor, and TH. I like them.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Okay, Rave. After weeks of going back and forth between Stardust tanks and cartomizers, my vote is:

Both

I understand why people like tanks. But for me, they add an unneeded level of complexity that I don't need in my vaping. Things are way too complex for me to begin with.

However, the Stardust tanks are easy to fill and maintain. They produce good flavor and vapor. Throat hit is slightly muted but that's fine. I like them.

Cartomizers are easy, consistent and I get good flavor, vapor, and TH. I like them.

They do produce a very different vaping experience. It's true that there isn't as much throat hit on the Stardusts as in the cartos. This confuses me a bit, because the voltage is the same. TH has not been a priority for me for a couple of years now. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like I need less and less the longer I vape.

I'm thinking that it's a matter of laziness for me. The Stardusts make it obvious when you need to refill - and cleaning and refilling are simple processes. If I could bring myself to just pitch a carto when it needs to be cleaned rather than soaking and syringe flushing and drying ... all of that bother, I'd like them more.

Last edited:

Bluesman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
PA USA
I'm thinking that it's a matter of laziness for me. The Stardusts make it obvious when you need to refill - and cleaning and refilling are simple processes. If I could bring myself to just pitch a carto when it needs to be cleaned rather than soaking and syringe flushing and drying ... all of that bother, I'd like them more.

I'm a lazy vaper as well. I am also a clueless vaper. Which brings me to the trashing of a carto and the proper time for it. I have a tendency to over-use cartos. It takes me a while to understand that my vaping experience could improve tremendously if I just broke out a new carto.

I've done the same thing with Stardust tanks as well. I can clearly see why my vape is not the same as it was. And I still vape on, reminding myself to do that later.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Wow, nice shot! Were you the photographer?

Nope - that was posted on Fox News' website as the tornado passed through an area before it went through Crawfordsville, Indiana.

I have a printed pic somewhere that I took of three funnel clouds. I was driving with my grown son and I saw that the sky was "ripe". We'd already driven through the hail. I parked and we got out of the car near a barn in the middle of nowhere. Lightning was flashing all around, but I was in "storm euphoria" and not thinking clearly as I snapped photos. My son finally said something along the lines of: "Yanno Mom --- maybe it's not such a good idea for us to be standing here with like, lightning, and um tornados, and a giant propane tank right next to us!" I came back to my senses at that. :facepalm: It was GREAT!

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
As a general rule, I try not to anthropomorphize animals but:

I was just watching the wood ducks gleefully body surfing down the rapids in the creek caused by yesterday's storms. When they reach the end of the rapids, they fly back to the beginning and start over again. Like happy children.

A zillion birds were singing their assigned sequence of notes in a proclamation of territory and an attempt to lure a mate. I watched a female scarlet tanager observing this behavior in the male, and couldn't help but imagine him saying: "Honey - I have no freakin' idea why; but every year this song gets stuck in my head and I just gotta sing it over, and over, and over ..."

Note to self: Probably not the best idea to post when test-driving a new prescription. Just sayin' ...

Bluesman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
PA USA
As a general rule, I try not to anthropomorphize animals

Yeah, I avoid that as well, but sometimes it just fits.

Note to self: Probably not the best idea to post when test-driving a new prescription. Just sayin' ...

So, how are those new drugs workin' out for ya, Rave? I hate starting a new med when I'm on-line or in public.

Whatever happened to Bullette the Cowdog? I wanted to ask him about his Kgo. One of the volunteers here just got a Kgo kit from Hoosier and really likes it. Apparently they are pretty good batteries.

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
Yeah, I avoid that as well, but sometimes it just fits.

So, how are those new drugs workin' out for ya, Rave? I hate starting a new med when I'm on-line or in public.

Whatever happened to Bullette the Cowdog? I wanted to ask him about his Kgo. One of the volunteers here just got a Kgo kit from Hoosier and really likes it. Apparently they are pretty good batteries.

I started with a KGO kit...have 2 batteries plus an Ego-T battery I picked up in Kalamazoo at a shop (wish it was closer). The KGO are 1100, and the Ego is 1000. Can't tell a lot of difference, but the KGOs seem to last longer. I use the ProVari and the KGOs at home, and take the KGOs with me when I go out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread