Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Soooo.....I just read a few threads in the mech mod sub forum and it's absolutely terrifying.
The folks that actually KNOW how to operate a mech seem to be outnumbered. Good, sound advice seems to get ignored. There's some reckless, irresponsible idiots around here that should be blocked from participating in any threads started by new members or veterans new to mechanical mods. Thanks to all of you who continue trying to lead those horses to safe water.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The folks that actually KNOW how to operate a mech seem to be outnumbered.
Or ignored. Or shouted down. By people who "know what they are doing".

I vape mech squonkers all day, every day. But I don't go to that section often because it's too cringe-worthy.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Or ignored. Or shouted down. By people who "know what they are doing".

I vape mech squonkers all day, every day. But I don't go to that section often because it's too cringe-worthy.
No kidding.....I'll find something better to read next time I'm waiting for a fuel truck...:eek:

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Off topic, but sorta on topic....ever notice how many people who work at fireworks stores are missing fingers? They'll tell you how "experienced" they are too. :lol:
There's no experience like first-hand experience...

:rickroll:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I keep trying to give sound advice on the mech threads, but it feels a lot like fighting a forest fire with a water gun... I will continue to post in hopes that someone will listen and be helped. I will say, most of those posts are stressful to read through.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
That's why I don't use mech mods. If I need to have a degree in electrical engineering I'll take a pass.
You don't need a degree in anything . You just have to be humble enough to learn and have a little common sense. A healthy respect for what these batteries are capable of doesn't hurt, either.
When someone tells you not to build below a .3 ohm build and you respond with "I went with a .06 and now my mod is too hot to hold. Any ideas, fellas?" Well, then you're kinda on your own.
I do expect another incident soon ... thanks to these mental juggernauts.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
darwin-297x300.jpeg

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
Most threads on the mech mod forum are full of useful info - well, the same useful info repeated over and over again in an attempt to hammer it in - but its drowned out by a certain few members desperate to tell everyone that they can pee slightly further than you can. The reviews on fasttech are much worse. I saw a mech mod on fasttech that matched the spatter paintjob on one of my rda's but it was rated 2 stars. I read the reviews - they were mostly positive, but I remember distinctly that one negative review said the device was terrible because it overheated at 0.06-0.08ohms. Bought it, love it. I pretty much read the reviews there to see if anyone complains that it doesn't look the same in person/the dimensions are incorrectly described, scratches batteries, has problems with misfiring etc - but most reviews are complaints that stupid use of a mech mod makes it hot.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
4UTDNTUCTO7hDJRcc5bKI81nr_Qo2BHxLOT8wfdqJshoofoV3S7KMwMe8i2Dt2HK6D8UeTQ1Vbm9vXENfe6vbStEnTAtTVuKRHAGzcuKzIJKI5yijQvX-luEute3whB1XjeUwNpLDZzM1Ia2GYlKgrRVhoKCTZTs286QRAiFXGd1cEyPb6mOLs8W_nO_7ELAgc3hUD4uh0CFLFc0VtOUamGaf2NxIABnAgnlav0NvYaUexmiEeubHavGI85fCkFAkbNSbjbzTqJ54WG2ebxeLTHEWtTEGV5zevYvsMI1nymjBZ-_Gj45OUYiowYWlGwOdlcqrDc7pdOzkVeyT1d3TLFLJvKXgDf9Yb0wrzgVb5gWcqvbe-M0h7HHhEdMMtw17QcctX2-LmmOdChUDfb0PvvR9lAx4-LsUZjwKQ3FF4w2kLcZbI7jSAGzh3S-TLqD9du6KDbMmm6n5vD1SeSky0_YNPLVccO6MaAIwBhIOB4BA1R2dDTYNv-A6u0Hz1BGhorV8F6SyBn9n2Nrt_4l69I2-_oHJ2kagSAaaYjJ8oRHmuTAqpXBRMLLkRTOpNrjPLlEhzw1ox_IY6SC1MqWEAcoLWAXer1v4odMm8Y=w520-h293-no
Mech mod cause harm, but not that harm, that was a table saw.
I hear that phrase a lot. While I agree they can cause harm, they also cause a lot more joy. In my case at least, they bring me joy on a daily basis.

On a separate note, and a question I would like to know the answer to, why post table saw injuries in a mech thread?

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I hear that phrase a lot. While I agree they can cause harm, they also cause a lot more joy. In my case at least, they bring me joy on a daily basis.

On a separate note, and a question I would like to know the answer to, why post table saw injuries in a mech thread?
Maybe the table saw was a mechanical one? :unsure:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I rarely go on the mech forum but still use mechs often.

Not that steep a learning curve if you understand when to charge your batteries, don’t build too low, know how/why a short/thermal runaway occurs, keep the mod (and all threads) clean, etc. Ohms law knowledge and a voltmeter are super good ideas too.

Mechs can be dangerous, but knowing the safety and science components of mechs makes them pretty safe IMO.

Just because someone posts in the mech threads here or works in a vape store doesn’t mean they have a clue....

• Agree
Reactions: Asbestos4004

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I rarely go on the mech forum but still use mechs often.

Not that steep a learning curve if you understand when to charge your batteries, don’t build too low, know how/why a short/thermal runaway occurs, keep the mod (and all threads) clean, etc. Ohms law knowledge and a voltmeter are super good ideas too.

Mechs can be dangerous, but knowing the safety and science components of mechs makes them pretty safe IMO.

Just because someone posts in the mech threads here or works in a vape store doesn’t mean they have a clue....
If you build too high you might actually die from going back to smoking regular cigarettes. Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread