Status
Not open for further replies.

lunchbox0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
nm
I feel like this would be a good way to jack up a $150 atty... IMHO that is. I still would want to know. :p

THANKS ALL who are involved in the Vdrop convo. Lots of good information. Now, get your hands on a Sony 30A and run the tests again. :D

I own the Sony 30A, my AW's have been in their case for weeks now without any use. Even sold my Panisonic cgr18650CH batteries so i can order more sony's.

liveone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
The best way to fix this problem is to squonk more. You are hitting your coil too dry.

Yeah this sums it up pretty well. It's not one hard dry hit that's killing the cotton but several somewhat dry hits eating it slowly.

I feel like I squonk a lot. Maybe the tails are swallowing most of the squonk. Guess I'll try to shorten the wick to even stubbier nubs.

Never had this happen with higher ohm microcoils. The sub ohm micro I have in the rm2 currently just heats up so quickly.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I think the biggest contributor to voltage drop is internal battery resistance. I'd run this test before with my vaping buddy and just ran it again to compare numbers. The test subject was a tumbled raw with a 1.5 ohm micro-coil in an RM2. All batteries were 18650.

Battery Voltage Voltage under load Voltage Drop
Efest 4.15 3.52 .63
AW IMR 4.07 3.64 .43
MNKE 4.20 3.85 .35

Thanks for this, crashM, which AW is it? The 1600 is a very different beast than is the 2000. I would imagine it to test out about the same as the MNKE.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Jeremy E. When I was messing with scuffed up flat tops in my REO, I found that, if I didn't REALLY file the firing pin and Noalox it, then it would still be suffering from the oxidization of the previous battery, and it would arc onto a nice new battery too. If your new AWs look like that; buff them out real good (don't sand, just polish) and clean the peas out of you firing pin before putting them back in there.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Dizzie: My first REOs firing pin was the one I learned my battery lessons on. Meaning: it's much flatter and broader than it used to be, on account of all the filing I did to keep things running with arcy batts. Don't bother, no improvement with increased surface area. AND, dizzie, I continue to feel that my tumbled hits significantly harder than my black wrinkle.

river.guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Bullhead City, AZ
Think I did okay on this one, thanks very much to this thread an its contributors. Got 8 wraps of 32 (don't have anything else just yet) on a solid core ss mesh wick. It is running around 3.0 on my itaste v3. At 10 watts getting a great vape with some tipping required. Was running a straw style before with 3 wraps at 8 watts, so a marked improvement. Can't wait for the cable and ribbon to get here! Closeup.jpg Fired up.jpg

Jeremy Evans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Columbus, Georgia, United States
Jeremy E. When I was messing with scuffed up flat tops in my REO, I found that, if I didn't REALLY file the firing pin and Noalox it, then it would still be suffering from the oxidization of the previous battery, and it would arc onto a nice new battery too. If your new AWs look like that; buff them out real good (don't sand, just polish) and clean the peas out of you firing pin before putting them back in there.

Thanks dibby but I do have a question for you does the flat metal piece just come right off of the REO? Or do you got slide the juice tube come off first ?

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Don't bother, no improvement with increased surface area.

Too late, I've already got a crap load of material on order that will give me a liftetime supply of firing pins if I even needed. Wasn't cheap so when it gets here & I don't like it, back to the supplier it goes. Increasing the surface area just by filing is hardly much increase in surface area imo, I have a totally different idea & if it works, scratches on the button top won't matter. Still as I have said before I doubt increasing the contact area is going to make a noticeable difference in feel but if it at least reduces sparking then that's good enough for me & I don't mind adding to my materials collection.

johni

Extractor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Columbia, Missouri
I'm relaxing on my couch after a hard day. Vaping Black Cavendish with my Reo, RM2, dibby crack coil with a wisp of cotton and thinking, man it just doesn't get any better than this! I'm not inclined to change this thing one damn bit! Thanks to all of you guys who are always trying to make the vape better but it's working fine here tonight!:2c::D

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Hey guys!

My Reo angel is sending me a grand to use till I can get one of my own once again. Also got an rm2 on the way. Quick question, how is the air hole stock on the rm2? I don't have a drill unfortunately.

I finally built one on the Igo-L. Great production, but I think the smaller airhole is restricting the clouds.

IMAG0323-1.jpg

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
does the flat metal piece just come right off of the REO? Or do you got slide the juice tube come off first ?

To remove the flat "firing pin", you have pull the tube off (glued on) then uncrew the nipple that the tube goes on. Have to use a flat head on the center 510 & hold the nipple with pliers. It may or may not come off easy. I didn't think Robert uses glue for the nipple but someone did say he does. Mine was a bit hard to get off. In Robert's rebuild video he just breaks it off.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Think I did okay on this one, thanks very much to this thread an its contributors. Got 8 wraps of 32 (don't have anything else just yet) on a solid core ss mesh wick. It is running around 3.0 on my itaste v3. At 10 watts getting a great vape with some tipping required. Was running a straw style before with 3 wraps at 8 watts, so a marked improvement. Can't wait for the cable and ribbon to get here! View attachment 241268 View attachment 241269

the vape on cable & mesh is like a cigar, kind of puff, puff, vape. with the cotton its vape, vape , vape, so its just personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread