Middle-Aged people 35-54 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkhwk07

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Ohio,in the sticks!
Probably not technically, but it's in that great middle area of life (the younger side of middle age, definitely). I think a lot of this group (but not me) is on the younger side :)

By the way, your avatar made me think of "Mister Ed".

I'm on the high side of it myself.:)

Mrtrucker40108

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Brandenburg, KY, USA
Re: Mr Ed.
That was a 'can I keep her' pic for the Mrs.
I don't remember her name at the moment( I haul between 30-100 horses a week, it's hard to remember all the names) but she was the sweetest thing. We hauled her from Gulfstream Park in Hollandale Beach Fl to Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington Ky. She got busted up pretty bad during a Stakes Race, still came in third. Anyway everytime I'd get near her she'd start kissing on me. It wasn't one sided, she got some patting and some peppermints for her trouble.
I kept up with her progress for awhile. Sometimes when they are to injured to stay in the system the retire them via New Vocations or Canter and I was going to adopt her if they did. She had some damage that prevents her from running competitively but her owners decided to make her a brood mare. I would imagine she's a mommy by now.

Last edited:

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Lordy, way to wake up after being gone a day to heart failure seeing the thread closed!

Hi to the new new people and the others who are here again and I'm so confused :confused:

I'm blonde...hackers shouldn't do this to blondes!

It wasn't hackers, it was ON PURPOSE! They think it'll make the site load faster if there are a bunch of shorter threads rather than long ones. Hi Daisy! HI all of the new posters, sorry I can't "reply with quote" so you know who you are, but you know who you are. Don't you?

Bluesman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
PA USA
Hey, you guys move in the middle of the night and don't tell anyone. You really know how to confuse us more aged folks :laugh:

It will take a little adjustment time, but you'll be okay here. ECF is trying to lighten the load on their engine and database. Some things here on ECF are really slow.

I have this bookmarked now, so I'll be able to find my way back. Oh, maybe that's what you were trying to avoid... ;)

daisygirlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
SE Ohio
Ok, I have to share this because I :wub: Dirty Dancing. This couple does the WHOLE prep for the dance before their wedding (and shows it at the wedding) then performs the final dance live! It's cool! They use cut in sound from the movie and show all the cute key parts from her learning the dance (her on the bridge, the stairs, the log - even the water lifts!). Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread