Status
Not open for further replies.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Is anyone interested in a discussion group for the middle people? I am jealous of the older group, but don't quite fit, YET...

I'll start: I am Diana, I have been vaping for more than two months after smoking for 32 years. I am a school teacher and my hobbies include reading, handspinning, knitting and weaving. Oh, and vaping.

Join in!

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Yay! Our own group!

I am a 45 year old working mother of 4, been vaping for 2 years although I had a 5 month lapse and just got back on board a month ago. I quit smoking literally hundreds of times using every method possible. I found quitting to be very very easy! It was the "NOT STARTING AGAIN" that I had a problem with lol :) Until I found vaping....

Anyway, I had my wake up call on the smoking relapse in February when I got my first wheezing...as I went to bed at night my lungs started letting out the most pathetic little crying sound...like a baby crying. Like they were begging me..."Please, STOP!".

My kids are 3, 6, 15 and 20...my youngest is my only daughter. I look at her and go, "How can I risk not being there for her, for something so stupid...especially when I KNOW that vaping works!"

So I pulled out my old equipment, added a bunch of new stuff and a LOT of juice to keep interesting. And I am back to happily full-time vaping! Tried my favorite analogs the other day and YUCK! My taste buds are back! I have crossed over to the good side again!

Anyway, I am sure I can stick with it this time, I learned my lesson with this relapse.

Vaping = Life; Smoking = Death. That's it for me.

The wheeze is gone, my breathing is clear again, and I feel great! Exercising more and losing weight (need to lose 25 more).

Vaping is a miracle. The only thing that keeps me off analogs.

Yelsew Skraps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Texas Panhandle
I am right in the middle of your listed range, 41. 24 years of smoking, or more than half my life. For me I really just got tired of smoking, going outside (no smoking in the house, and of course none at work). But after trying a couple of the garbage kits, was fortunate to find an ego style device (the boge bud). Of course now I have a LT and several other ego style batteries, and various cartos, juices, tanks, etc. Not sure if I will get anything "better", I could buy a provari, but as the ones I have work for me well I just don't feel the urge to do it. I did however order one of the SS lavatubes from apollo because they look really cool and for 71 bucks almost felt I had to do it. Now if they would just quit delaying the things that would be great.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
I'm 50, recently turned 50! I had promised myself to quit at least before then because I lost my father to lung cancer... Oh, the wheezing. I read somewhere that smokers' lungs flatten a bit when they lay down... I was wheezing so badly at night that my husband thought I was snoring! Vaping is a miracle. My only child just turned 20 and I can't wait to see what he becomes. I was feeling so guilty that I might cut my life short and not get to see that! I started this thread so we can support each other in mid life crises, vaping, family, etc. I really like the older vaper thread, but I am still a few years shy.. I do fall into the baby boomer group as I was born in '62.. Thanks for responding!

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
I'm 50, recently turned 50! I had promised myself to quit at least before then because I lost my father to lung cancer... Oh, the wheezing. I read somewhere that smokers' lungs flatten a bit when they lay down... I was wheezing so badly at night that my husband thought I was snoring! Vaping is a miracle. My only child just turned 20 and I can't wait to see what he becomes. I was feeling so guilty that I might cut my life short and not get to see that! I started this thread so we can support each other in mid life crises, vaping, family, etc. I really like the older vaper thread, but I am still a few years shy.. I do fall into the baby boomer group as I was born in '62.. Thanks for responding!

LOL my smoking relapse was triggered by my hubby's midlife crisis! He's slowly recovering, thank goodness!

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
LOL my smoking relapse was triggered by my hubby's midlife crisis! He's slowly recovering, thank goodness!

Whew! Lucky there. I quit when my son was an infant, but divorced his father 4 years later, and started smoking again. I totally get it; it's like nothing else is important except the crisis and you can quit when it is over. The only problem was that I kept smoking!!

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
I am right in the middle of your listed range, 41. 24 years of smoking, or more than half my life. For me I really just got tired of smoking, going outside (no smoking in the house, and of course none at work). But after trying a couple of the garbage kits, was fortunate to find an ego style device (the boge bud). Of course now I have a LT and several other ego style batteries, and various cartos, juices, tanks, etc. Not sure if I will get anything "better", I could buy a provari, but as the ones I have work for me well I just don't feel the urge to do it. I did however order one of the SS lavatubes from apollo because they look really cool and for 71 bucks almost felt I had to do it. Now if they would just quit delaying the things that would be great.

I had one on preorder, but cancelled it. It looks great, but I really don't want a VV. Strange, I know. I like 3.7 v. I have a 5v passthrough that kills my throat. That stainless looks great, btw.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
I'm in that age boat also. I stopped analogs back in 2007, and discovered vaping last summer. I was also loosing weight to avoid taking even more medication. Not really sure how much vaping helps with with controlling appetite. But Im here, and enjoying vaping, and trying to spread the word.

I need to lose weight so bad! Quitting smoking was enough for me, right now, though. Has vaping helped?

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Vaping is helping me with my weight...helps prevent the muchies quite a bit, and since I feel better I am being a bit more physically active. Taking more walks and swimming with the kids.

I'm vaping Raspberry Twinkle from EC Blends (tastes like those coconut covered pink twinkie things with the cream filling we used to have as kids) for desert :)

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
I'm so glad you started this thread. Thank you :) The older people thread was my first stop each day to get my morning smile but wasn't in the age range to post.

My hubby got sick real quick and had to be hospitalized at the end of 2010 (he's good as new now). You can't smoke anywhere in the hospital of course and they won't even let you smoke outside. I was missing the doctor coming in because I left to smoke a cigarette (after waiting hours to hear news from him) and running in and out for a nic fix. I decided the next time I was at the mall I was going to get one of those electric cigs I saw in a kiosk to use when I couldn't smoke. I got it and had to upgrade quickly to something better but it was the best $190 I ever spent on a piece of junk :) I found ECF, got tons of friendly advice and fell in love with it all. I can run with the dogs, chase the cats, climb hills, laugh without coughing and don't have to miss life's important moments because I was outside smoking a cigarette. As I stumbled with equipment, juices and the transition the community here gently guided and helped me over every hurdle. I'm forever grateful.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
I love the older thread too! I love your avatar even more! Happy Easter! GREAT story and I am glad he is better.

I'm so glad you started this thread. Thank you :) The older people thread was my first stop each day to get my morning smile but wasn't in the age range to post.

My hubby got sick real quick and had to be hospitalized at the end of 2010 (he's good as new now). You can't smoke anywhere in the hospital of course and they won't even let you smoke outside. I was missing the doctor coming in because I left to smoke a cigarette (after waiting hours to hear news from him) and running in and out for a nic fix. I decided the next time I was at the mall I was going to get one of those electric cigs I saw in a kiosk to use when I couldn't smoke. I got it and had to upgrade quickly to something better but it was the best $190 I ever spent on a piece of junk :) I found ECF, got tons of friendly advice and fell in love with it all. I can run with the dogs, chase the cats, climb hills, laugh without coughing and don't have to miss life's important moments because I was outside smoking a cigarette. As I stumbled with equipment, juices and the transition the community here gently guided and helped me over every hurdle. I'm forever grateful.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
quote=tofucute;5756529]oh .....! I'm middle aged!
:shock:

8-o

:cry:

:glare:

Still alive!
:toast:[/quote]

me tooooooooo! shocked emoticon.png thumbs up.jpg [
View attachment 90353

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread