Mini-pipe, Second Impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyGirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Tim......I have now taken a few of my atomizers apart......and I know why the work better at first but don't last very long.....they have deliberately wrapped some of the fibreglass wicking material over the atomizer coil....this makes it work great at first but the wicking fibres clog up badly with black gunk and stop the whole thing working.

how do you know they did it Pete?

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
how do you know they did it Pete?

candy:shock:........I certainly didn't do it!!......lol......seriously though I can't see how else it so well wrapped around the coil unless it somehow gets sucked around the coil.. it is literally wrapped right around the coil and coming from under the wicking wire mesh that covers the coil...it seems like it's a new idea for wicking the juice to the coil better...which works great if it doesn't gunk up with the crunchy black stuff.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Hi Edo,

In my opinion the bestecig penstyle on usb passthrough vapes very well indeed. So does the mini pipe. The problem is one of atomiser failure.

Hi Pipeman.....How long do bestecig atomizers last on the passthrough? Will they last atleast a week or two? My pipe atomizers....are dropping like flies.lol

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Great work Pete! I'm sure we would all be really interested to see some pictures posted on this thread if you have a camera that could do close ups of the atomisers in question.

I could also then show this to the manufacturers for further evidence... :)

Ooops I should have thought of doing that.....I have taken them all apart and I am using all the little bits of black gunk in experiments to find something that will dissolve it.......I think I must have purchased nearly every single cleaner and chemical I can get a hold of now...I won't be needing anything for cleaning the house or the car or anything else for a long time!

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
candy:shock:........I certainly didn't do it!!......lol......seriously though I can't see how else it so well wrapped around the coil unless it somehow gets sucked around the coil.. it is literally wrapped right around the coil and coming from under the wicking wire mesh that covers the coil...it seems like it's a new idea for wicking the juice to the coil better...which works great if it doesn't gunk up with the crunchy black stuff.

I also noticed on the Dura atomisers that there are additional extensions of something like fibreglass coming off the atomiser and I wonder if this is as you say a new technique to improve the wicking ability? :confused:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Hi Pipeman.....How long do bestecig atomizers last on the passthrough? Will they last atleast a week or two? My pipe atomizers....are dropping like flies.lol

Hi Edo. For me they last at least a week or two, but then I mix up my vaping over several devices so it's hard to know for sure. My bestecig att hasn't failed yet but then I haven't pushed it very far as yet. It's an occasional vape for me.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009

Wow that is an interesting find. Are these with the pipe atomizers or others as well?

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Ooops I should have thought of doing that.....I have taken them all apart and I am using all the little bits of black gunk in experiments to find something that will dissolve it.......I think I must have purchased nearly every single cleaner and chemical I can get a hold of now...I won't be needing anything for cleaning the house or the car or anything else for a long time!

LOL - Well, I'll be doing some experiments of my own tonight to try and find a solution (literally) to breakdown the black gunk...:)

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Great Tim.......the more people running experiments to dissolve that stuff the better.......there must be something that will do it!!..........I haven't had any other penstyle type atomizers other than the one's the pipe uses so I don't know if it's only the pipe one's where they have wrapped that fibreglass material around the coil. Hopefully someone else will take one apart and put up some pictures.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Hi Edo. For me they last at least a week or two, but then I mix up my vaping over several devices so it's hard to know for sure. My bestecig att hasn't failed yet but then I haven't pushed it very far as yet. It's an occasional vape for me.

Thanks for your help....I just wish I could get my mini-pipe working properly....but a passthrough might be pretty good. I have a feeling the bestecig atomizers are durable since they work on the pipe very well....eventhough they are running super hot....it is just the taste is so bad..

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
i second the bestecig atomizers.....i only had one fail on me...bad luck on that one i guess...but i have been using another...(bought 5)...and i have been using it for 2 weeks with no issues at all.

and im using the 112 atomizers on my minipipe and it works great...better than the 4 hole it comes with...i dont screw it in tight because the atomizer holes are different and if i screw it in tight there is no airflow

next order with bestecig...ill order another 5.....i gotta keep spare parts for my arsenal :)

btw...their menthol flavor is great...bought high ml and cut it 50/50 with glycerine and still has strong flavor and good throat hit

ted26

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2008
uk england
asidrave...with the bestecig atomizer on the minipipe are you getting the really bad taste...that I am? What flavors are you using? I only use tabacco flavors....and every single one of them tastes horrible with the bestecig on the minipipe.

I hate that taste you are talking about and also get it with the 801 which i think burns too hot, the rn4072 tastes/vapes alot better.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
asidrave...with the bestecig atomizer on the minipipe are you getting the really bad taste...that I am? What flavors are you using? I only use tabacco flavors....and every single one of them tastes horrible with the bestecig on the minipipe.

no bad taste at all...i used 3ml of energee thru that 112 atomizer with no issue, 2 ml of bestegic menthol, and about 1 ml of riskee thru it in 3 days...now im cleaning the 112 atomizer...i always clean my atomizer every 3 days and rotate between 2 of them if it needs it or not. im not fond of the tobacco flavors so i cannot say how it vapes thru the mini pipe...altho i did order the PS sampler and did not try the tobacco flavors yet...i didnt like the JC tobacco flavors

the mini pipe 4 hole atomizer i found was harder to draw...weird but true. i only did about 20 puffs thru it

im using the mini pipe 4 hole atomizer now...i cleaned it thinking it may help with the draw...it did help a little. it also gets much warmer with constant vaping....im sure it has to do with the harder draw...it does produce one hell of a vape...slightly better than the 112 atomizer...but like i said probably due to the slightly harder draw.

the bad taste..is it like a burning taste?...if it is...i bet it may be the fibers surrounding the atomizer heating element getting burnt..... i got that and when i looked inside the atomizer..i saw the loose fibers. i pulled them out gently with long tweezers and the burning taste went away

Last edited:

ted26

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2008
uk england
for me the bad taste is the juice burning too hot which i dont like!

no bad taste at all...i used 3ml of energee thru that 112 atomizer with no issue, 2 ml of bestegic menthol, and about 1 ml of riskee thru it in 3 days...now im cleaning the 112 atomizer...i always clean my atomizer every 3 days and rotate between 2 of them if it needs it or not. im not fond of the tobacco flavors so i cannot say how it vapes thru the mini pipe...altho i did order the PS sampler and did not try the tobacco flavors yet...i didnt like the JC tobacco flavors

the mini pipe 4 hole atomizer i found was harder to draw...weird but true. i only did about 20 puffs thru it

im using the mini pipe 4 hole atomizer now...i cleaned it thinking it may help with the draw...it did help a little. it also gets much warmer with constant vaping....im sure it has to do with the harder draw...it does produce one hell of a vape...slightly better than the 112 atomizer...but like i said probably due to the slightly harder draw.

the bad taste..is it like a burning taste?...if it is...i bet it may be the fibers surrounding the atomizer heating element getting burnt..... i got that and when i looked inside the atomizer..i saw the loose fibers. i pulled them out gently with long tweezers and the burning taste went away

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
ive had my pipe for 4 days now.....2 things i dont like :(

the battery life is poor...im getting less than 3 hours on a fully charged battery....2 batterys...both less than 3 hours...charged them 5 times each already :(

the little plastic cap that holds the battery doesnt stay securly on...comes off very easily....thinking of what i can do to make it stay on better

other than those 2 issues.....great little pipe...happy nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread