Mini-pipe, Second Impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

hason74

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
west fargo nd
I'm still trying to decide on that one - a lot of people claim theirs do, but the LED doesn't cut off on mine anyway, and I don't seem to be able to take a long enough draw to notice the atomizer cutting out after x seconds (but that's possibly because my mouth is already full of vapour.) Possibly there are variations on the basic model .)
My led on both my pipes blinks after 5 seconds, and i dont get that great of a hit, i feel ripped off, i bought 2 of em u would think i would get at least 1 good one.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
My led on both my pipes blinks after 5 seconds, and i dont get that great of a hit, i feel ripped off, i bought 2 of em u would think i would get at least 1 good one.

Hason...something is wrong with your pipe. Now I know which ecigar your talking about....there is no comparison between any of the generic ecigars and the minipipe when the minipipe is working properly. I know the minipipe that I got from eastmall and the eastmall spare atomizers don't work very well. Do you have enough airflow? The one I got from eastmall I had to put notches on the band of the atomizer to get enough airflow...then it started smoking like a chimney. Anyway...if you don't have a airflow issue...then I suggest you return your unit and ask for a new one or a refund. Believe me the minipipe blows everything out of the water if you get a good one. The only problem I have is that my atomizers die off so fast. I probably had a bad bunch since it looks like Nick is doing fine with his.

hason74

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
west fargo nd
Hason...something is wrong with your pipe. Now I know which ecigar your talking about....there is no comparison between any of the generic ecigars and the minipipe when the minipipe is working properly.
. Believe me the minipipe blows everything out of the water if you get a good one. The only problem I have is that my atomizers die off so fast. I probably had a bad bunch since it looks like Nick is doing fine with his.
well, the dse701 is going to be my only ecig from now on, battery life is better, and upgradable, and it smokes like a chimney.
I find it hard to believe i got 2 bad ladypipes, 1 atomizer went out, i got a new one on the way so i'll try that, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com

That's very odd - mine only ever blinks when I put a new battery in, and when a battery's gone flat (it doesn't even seem to have an automatic cleaning cycle.) I'm guessing the makers are mix&matching components and specs quite a lot, so there are effectively (at least) 2 different models.

If you're not completely sick of exploring the concept yet, you could try tracking down the exact same one I got - The Electronic Cigarette Company (UK) Ltd. - SHOP - KITS > MICRO E.PIPE
I don't think they export, but they do have an affiliate company in the US who probably gets theirs from exactly the same Chinese source (worth asking perhaps anyway?)

It's a bummer, and I'd be ...... too if mine did that :(

hason74

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
west fargo nd
That's very odd - mine only ever blinks when I put a new battery in, and when a battery's gone flat (it doesn't even seem to have an automatic cleaning cycle.) I'm guessing the makers are mix&matching components and specs quite a lot, so there are effectively (at least) 2 different models.

If you're not completely sick of exploring the concept yet, you could try tracking down the exact same one I got - The Electronic Cigarette Company (UK) Ltd. - SHOP - KITS > MICRO E.PIPE
I don't think they export, but they do have an affiliate company in the US who probably gets theirs from exactly the same Chinese source (worth asking perhaps anyway?)

It's a bummer, and I'd be ...... too if mine did that :(

Thx for the link, t's not that i'm sick of exploring, i have spent about $800 + 500 for a bulk 901 order purchasing various brands, 801,901,m401,4072,601 688,701, and different liquids, so i'm sick of spending money,Also,I think my atomizer went out because i dont give it a chance to cool down before i take the next toke, this needs to be better.Also, the ladypipes were advertised by the person i got from to have no cutoff, so i am a little skeptical.

Last edited:

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
well, the dse701 is going to be my only ecig from now on, battery life is better, and upgradable, and it smokes like a chimney.
I find it hard to believe i got 2 bad ladypipes, 1 atomizer went out, i got a new one on the way so i'll try that, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

hey hanson74
I have 2 minipipes I think the 888?? I see you posted about the battery being upgradable what do you mean and what type of upgrade??

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
hey hanson74
I have 2 minipipes I think the 888?? I see you posted about the battery being upgradable what do you mean and what type of upgrade??

Correction
my mini pipes are 1 from dietsmokes and 1 from liquidjuice or something they are both the same, so if that is the 701 ??? what upgrade are you referring to with the battery??

hason74

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
west fargo nd
Cosican
the dse701 is upgradable, not sure about the 888(ladypipe)
u can check dealsextreme its where i found a 500mah battery for the 701(ecigar) it comes with a 10430 battery 3.6v/7 340 mah battery
the mah rating is kinda like a gas tank in ur car the higher the mah the bigger the gas tank, i see u ordered from dietsmokes, this is where i got both my ladypipes, does urs have a 5 second cutoff, how about your other 1? i'll be gone for the rest of the day, but i'll check into battery's for the 888 when i get home
when upragding a battery the numbers on it mean 10430 xxyyy xx= diameter yyy=length

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I think the lady pipe and it's atomizers are about as good as it gets with vaping....as long as you don't mind the cost of replacing an atomizer every 2 or 3 days...if you try to keep an atomizer going for any longer than that, you just keep running down the batteries by having to draw for longer or with lot's of little warm up puffs...trying ever harder to get a decent vape.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I agree with Pete. The lady pipe is as good as it gets except atomizer lifespan is simply horrible. It blows the 701 and the Rn4062 ecigars out of the water. The only problem for me is... I can't afford to go through 3 atomizer in a week. I had two atomizers that lasted for 7-10 days...but the other eight I had lasted around 2-3 days each.

Hason...the lady Pipe should produce the same amount of vapor as the cigar...but with much more heavier pipe like vapor. The throat kick is not comparable to the ecigars...just blows them away. The lung punch again blows the cigars away.

What Nick said is true as well... I got one that has no cutoff (or the cutoff is so long I never reached it) and another one that has a 5-6 sec. cutoff.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I agree with Pete. The lady pipe is as good as it gets except atomizer lifespan is simply horrible. It blows the 701 and the Rn4062 ecigars out of the water. The only problem for me is... I can't afford to go through 3 atomizer in a week. I had two atomizers that lasted for 7-10 days...but the other eight I had lasted around 2-3 days each.

Hason...the lady Pipe should produce the same amount of vapor as the cigar...but with much more heavier pipe like vapor. The throat kick is not comparable to the ecigars...just blows them away. The lung punch again blows the cigars away.

What Nick said is true as well... I got one that has no cutoff (or the cutoff is so long I never reached it) and another one that has a 5-6 sec. cutoff.
Edo.....your experience with the pipe is exactly the same as mine.... I can't really afford to keep on vaping at this rate...I was smoking duty free tobacco before vaping and that was miles cheaper than what I have been spending on this. If I can't find a way to get better atomizer life, I may end up going back to smoking and I hate that idea now.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Pete....we're in the same boat.LOL I was thinking the same thing today....I was getting my cigs duty free for years...at $2 a pack....I have spent more in the last three months on ecigs than I would have spent in a whole year on cigarettes.

Pete do you have any cigs that work well?....You mentioned a mod that you had.... it is a magnum mod right? How did that work out for you? Do you have screwdriver? I am almost at the point of breaking down and getting it...but I just hate the placement of the switch.

The only reliable ecig that I have is the m401. I had been on one ato for 2 1/2 months. It finally gave out on me yesterday. But I tortured the crap out of it. I would say get one except you have to drip every three or so hits....which is a real pain. I might get a m201... I hear it is good but who knows at this point. I heard the Vaporking was the bomb. I got the cartridges for it and modified some 901 batteries to work with it...nothing to write home about. I hope they work better when I get the complete VK kit.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Pete....we're in the same boat.LOL I was thinking the same thing today....I was getting my cigs duty free for years...at $2 a pack....I have spent more in the last three months on ecigs than I would have spent in a whole year on cigarettes.

Pete do you have any cigs that work well?....You mentioned a mod that you had.... it is a magnum mod right? How did that work out for you? Do you have screwdriver? I am almost at the point of breaking down and getting it...but I just hate the placement of the switch.

The only reliable ecig that I have is the m401. I had been on one ato for 2 1/2 months. It finally gave out on me yesterday. But I tortured the crap out of it. I would say get one except you have to drip every three or so hits....which is a real pain. I might get a m201... I hear it is good but who knows at this point. I heard the Vaporking was the bomb. I got the cartridges for it and modified some 901 batteries to work with it...nothing to write home about. I hope they work better when I get the complete VK kit.
Het edo my 'penquin' mod works great, the batteries last all day on a charge with no problem....it charges to about 5.2 volts at full charge..so that's a little bit higher than the mini pipe....but unfortunately the atomizers only last the same whether I use the mod or the pipe......I have tried it with an RN 4075 but that only lasted two days and went cold.

I used to have the popular Evo but with that I had problems with dodgy batteries, the irritating two min cut out, the atomizers and the constant cart refilling. Now the only real problem I have is with atomizers but that is proving to be such an expensive problem.

Last edited:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Pete-

I must say please send me back any atomisers that you feel are faulty and I will happily replace them free of charge. 2-3 days is just not acceptable - have all the atomisers I sent you only been lasting this amount of time?

I don't know what else to suggest, but I really wouldn't want to see you returning to smoking analogues - I feel that would be a big mistake IMO. :(

So just email me at mail@smokejuice.co.uk with how many you feel are faulty and I'll send you out replacements on monday.

Edo I'm not sure where you purchased your pipe, but if it was from us, the same applies. :)

Kind regards

Tim

hason74

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
west fargo nd

we are going to have to agree to disagree, i got 2 of em' when i ordered and the both sucked right away, vapor was ok, but this ecigar is far superior to anything i own.

Last edited:

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Hi Pete-

I must say please send me back any atomisers that you feel are faulty and I will happily replace them free of charge. 2-3 days is just not acceptable - have all the atomisers I sent you only been lasting this amount of time?

I don't know what else to suggest, but I really wouldn't want to see you returning to smoking analogues - I feel that would be a big mistake IMO. :(

So just email me at mail@smokejuice.co.uk with how many you feel are faulty and I'll send you out replacements on monday.

Edo I'm not sure where you purchased your pipe, but if it was from us, the same applies. :)

Kind regards

Tim
Hi Tim...unfortunately I have only had a couple so far that have vaped well for even more than a week..not many have actually died but they are simply unvapable..I guess the good thing is that it's been keeping me out of mischief taking them apart and experimenting with cleaners lol.
I know you said you would guarantee them but I really don't want you to end up going broke by having to keep replacing them and it's such a pain to mess about sending things back anyway.

Last edited:

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
we are going to have to agree to disagree, i got 2 of em' when i ordered and the both sucked right away, vapor was ok, but this ecigar is far superior to anything i own, and is what i will sell exclusively when i open up shop.(locally)

I hate to say it, but for a resale item I think that's very wise. Without certainty as to the origin of any given batch, and this much variability in their functioning and reliability, I wouldn't sell them if I was a supplier (much as I am never going to part with mine, and will happily persevere with atomizers etc. even if I start getting crappy performance.)

On a side note, the vapour from my eastmall atomizer started getting a bit thin this evening despite topping off and a fresh battery, so I've just puf-puf-puf-puf-puffed it dry without a cart until I got the coil to crackle (surprisingly hard to achieve,) given it a couple more crackle-puffs for good measure, then let it cool and reprimed it. My theory being to replicate the cleaning cycle it doesn't seem to be programmed for (and I wasn't in the mood for washing it out.)

And now it's performing fine again. It's been a week now.

EDIT: can't count - according to my diary this atty's had 8 days of total use, not 7 (but spread over a couple of weeks.) Now exclusively smoking very dark caramel-coloured hazelnut-TWcigar mix that ought to be a pretty harsh test of it, until my Eastmall juice arrives (run out of everything else except weak violet and peppermint homebrews - blimey, that's 70ml in 3 weeks!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread